Author Topic: Passion of the Christ  (Read 1299 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Passion of the Christ
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 11:08:48 PM »
i heard the guy that played jesus in the movie, when they were tapin him on the cross or sumthin he got struck by lightin... i thought that was kinda weird

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 11:11:08 PM »
i heard the guy that played jesus in the movie, when they were tapin him on the cross or sumthin he got struck by lightin... i thought that was kinda weird

I think this was in a different movie that someone played Jesus in...Plus, it's probably a BS rumor...PeACe

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 11:43:13 PM »
man some of the comments in here are stupid...i was in the theatre and i was probably one of 5 people not crying...even my girlfriend almost cried and she doesnt cry for anything.

the movie was not just 2 hours of jesus getting his ass beat. if you pay attention to the things he says and the reactions of mary, and judas, and peter, etc....then you'll realize it wasnt just 2 hours of bloodshed. yeah it was a lot of blood but then again so was gladiator and everyone loved that. seriously im not religious at all...im not even christian but even i felt some power out of that movie.

i loved how just little things in the movie brought on flashbacks by jesus and mary about things that happened in the past...like when he fell while carrying the cross and mary had that flashback of when he fell and hurt himself as a little kid.

it was a very good movie...im not gonna get all religous over it. but it was done very well.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 12:38:22 AM »
I heard the whole thing is gonna be in subtitles, which imo will suck.  It looks like a dope ass movie, but I doubt I could watch a whole movie in subtitles.  If I wanted to do that I would read a book.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 12:45:49 AM »
I heard the whole thing is gonna be in subtitles, which imo will suck.  It looks like a dope ass movie, but I doubt I could watch a whole movie in subtitles.  If I wanted to do that I would read a book.

actually i cant stand subtitles at all and i loved it...i am sooo glad it was in subtitles...it would've seriously taken away from the effect if it was in english.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 12:49:06 AM »
They had some little thing on the telly about it a few days ago, loads of religious scholars and movie critics talking about how accurate/inaccurate /racist it is. Jews were beefing with Mel Gibson in a major way for his (and they were insisting it was Mel's portrayal, not The Bible's) portrayal of their race in it.
Doubt i'll go and see it, as i haven't been to the cinema in ages and their are other films i'd rather see, wouldn't mind watching it at some point though.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 05:57:19 AM »
"its costing you your soul, for going to church, and not living life freely"

spending an hour a week in church thanking god does not qualify as "costing you your soul" ...I mean come on u probably spend twice that time scratching ur ass while laying on your couch....can you smell the freedom?

JTSimon

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2004, 06:47:13 AM »
Code: [Select]
Posted on Wed, Feb. 25, 2004

Woman collapses during screening of "The Passion of the Christ," dies at hospital

Associated Press

WICHITA, Kan. - A woman collapsed Wednesday during a screening of "The Passion of the Christ" and later died at a hospital.

The Wichita Eagle identified the woman as Peggy Law Scott, 57. No cause of death was immediately available.

Scott was attending a 9:30 a.m. showing of the movie with some co-workers from Clear Channel Radio when she collapsed about 20 minutes before the end of the movie.

KAKE-TV, which was filming a story on local reactions to the film, reported that Scott collapsed during the film's bloody crucifixion scene.

Two medical professionals, including Dr. Ron Morford, were at the movie and tried to revive Scott, said Ken Crockett, a spokesman for Warren Theatres.

Morford said Scott was sitting behind him and several seats over. The movie was hitting a climactic point, he said, when he heard people saying something was wrong.

Morford said got out of his seat to see people get Scott into the aisle.

"I was checking her, and it didn't seem like she was breathing," Morford said.

He said she didn't have a pulse.

Someone called 911. Two women, at least one of them a nurse, began to perform CPR. Morford said he helped supervise.

"They did a very good job" trying to help her breathe, Morford said.

While people were helping Scott, the lights were turned on and moviegoers were ushered out.

Scott was taken to the St. Joseph campus of Via Christi Regional Medical Center. Roz Hutchinson, a spokeswoman for the hospital, confirmed the death.

An autopsy will be conducted on Thursday, according to a spokeswoman for Sedgwick County.

Scott was the general sales manager for KRZZ and KKRD radio stations.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 06:47:35 AM by Arman Tanzarian »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 08:54:32 AM »

if u read a book it wont be the same as seeing the facial expressions of all the actors in the movie.  It's more like a silent movie.  U gotta watch it.

Damn thats crazy but sad about the women collapsing and dying. So far ive heard of something like this happening to 3 movies now...Jaws, Pulp Fiction, and now The Passion of the Christ

Don Breezio

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 10:52:32 AM »
thats insane about that lady...i dont know how big clear channel is as a company but i was just talking to some of their staff a few days ago.

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2004, 10:58:30 AM »
I think its really cool that ALL this attention is being given to Jesus n god, thats what the world really needz, peace. There will never b world peace, but we can hav it peacefulER, n Jesus can most definetly do that.....

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2004, 10:58:47 AM »
Even if u dont convert, its cool, at least u saw it. But dont u REALLY think that an abuncdance of grown people would CRY, including men, JUST over a movie over a man if god and jesus and the whole christian thing didnt really exsist?

thats their faith talkin.. us non-believers dont posess any of that bullshit, at least i dont
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 11:05:16 AM »
Even if u dont convert, its cool, at least u saw it. But dont u REALLY think that an abuncdance of grown people would CRY, including men, JUST over a movie over a man if god and jesus and the whole christian thing didnt really exsist?

thats their faith talkin.. us non-believers dont posess any of that bullshit, at least i dont
I feel what ya sayin, n i dont put non of u non belivers down, but its not the religion talkin, its like jesus said, "When you hear the truth being spoken, you know its the truth" or sumthing to that extent. N' even tho it was just a movie, you could feel the passion n truth of everything that was goin down.

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

Don Breezio

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 11:31:01 AM »
look im glad your all happy and all and your at peace with yourself...but i have a feeling that this movie wont bring anymore peace to the world than titanic did...sorry bud.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 04:26:45 PM »

I think this was in a different movie that someone played Jesus in...Plus, it's probably a BS rumor...PeACe

Wrong this was in this movie, Mel Gibson said it himself on Dianne Sawyer interview or somethin'.

I too heard the headline about that woman on the news last night.  

Now I want to see how this measure up to Jesus Christ Superstar, thats the kind of movie that be makin people convert! 8)

-KIDRENEGADE-