Author Topic: Passion of the Christ  (Read 1298 times)

bez

Re:Passion of the Christ
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2004, 08:40:43 AM »
I read a good thing on it last nite, it said:

People are complaning about the violence, the cruxifiction was a violent death.

I thought thats a dope way to put it.  Ya gotta hand it to Gibson tho, he wanted the movie made so he put everything into it even his own finance.  Its about time we started to see movies like this though I feel.  All these past people and shit and Gods and what have you and we have hardly any new films to watch that would make us understand the people more and shit.  Just wait for the barrarge on movie now about Moses, John The Baptist, The Disciples, Adam And Eve, Noah...etc etc etc etc.

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2004, 09:01:31 AM »
WOW...amazing movie. And it's not just 2 hours of Jesus getting beat up. That's just what the media and all of the people against the movie want you to believe.

Everyone says it's so gory, but dang that's how it all went down you know. It's wasn't a pretty and semi-peaceful event like other perspectives might want you to believe.

For believers like myself, it was a reality check and makes you realize how much Jesus really went through for your salvation. If you don't believe, you still have to admire the story and the message that the movie portrays.

Props to Mel Gibson for not giving in to all the discouragers and for making such an impactful film. But of course, all props go to Jesus Christ and what he endured for our salvation.
Couldnt have been said any better, AMEN

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2004, 09:03:07 AM »
Since when are critics reliable? They have always been whack as fuk ever since i can remeber. They say the worst fukin movies in the world  are the best n deserve 5starz but when a dope ass movie comes out, they bomb it n give it bad reviews. Critics are the most twisted fukerz in the world.

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2004, 02:31:57 PM »
yeah i dont remember who said it earlier but they said it best. you gotta remember that yes theres a lot of blood...but when jesus was crucified shit wasnt all peaches and cream. it went down like that or as close to like that as we can imagine.

as far as reviews go i never listen to those. those are the same people who gave rave reviews & academy awards to that peice of garbage they call "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
that was a great movie, not oscar worthy, but a good movie... im not praising critics tho, i never listen to them, why are they higher than a regular person in judging  movies, they give bad  reviews to a lot oof movies I like, and vise versa,
i still need to see this movie tho. i wana judge it for myself

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2004, 02:48:08 PM »
Of course I hate critics...My favorite genre, horror, is the number one bashed genre by critics...I'm just saying that I was expecting a movie like this to recieve nothing but good reviews, and when the critics bashed it, it kinda' surprised me, and brought down my expectations in a way...PeACe

Don Breezio

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2004, 03:10:43 PM »
horror is such a great genre...the only problem is people dont get scared as easy now...luckily they are starting to come out with some seriously fucked up stuff lol...none of it scared me but it made it more entertaining...especially stuff like House Of A Thousand Corpses. that was such a wierd fuckin movie i loved it. i didnt even realize it was supposed to come out like 5 years ago until last night i was watching "the skulls" and before the movie it had a preview of that. i was like whoa this movies like 5 or 6 years old.

JTSimon

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2004, 03:18:54 PM »
lol don't post reviews by Jewish critics...what do you expect them to say?

"Gibson has made a movie for nobody, really, but Gibson."
-- Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"Has such anti-Semitic possibilities and no upside for anyone but believers in Mel's vision that the execution of Christ is more important than his life."
-- Dennis Schwartz, OZUS' WORLD MOVIE REVIEWS

+many others you listed

NIK use common sense.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 03:19:29 PM by SUV(Check my Sig I'm Gay) »

bez

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2004, 03:44:11 PM »
Of course I hate critics...My favorite genre, horror, is the number one bashed genre by critics...I'm just saying that I was expecting a movie like this to recieve nothing but good reviews, and when the critics bashed it, it kinda' surprised me, and brought down my expectations in a way...PeACe

I feel ya on that.  

ecrazy

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2004, 03:51:35 PM »
Ok, I went and saw this movie saturday...it was ok, already knew the story....but did they really need to show them whipping on him for 15 min....come on now...and moving him back and forth from the governor to the judge and all that got me bored and really was a waste of time....i guess im saying this because in my opinion i really liked reading this through the bible instead of watching it on screen...it was a 7/10....

but all the controversy about the jews not being portraied correctly and all....i dont think anyone has asked a jew this yet but, if they were not the way they were portraied in the movie, HOW SHOULD THEY BE PORTRAIED?

am i spelling portraied right?

And did anyone hear Mel Gibsons Father Give an interview about the movie and bash jewish people with all their stereotypes kinda like hitler?....that was wrong of him to do and kinda made it seem like mel gibson was making this movie and portraying the jews wrongly to kinda please his father's anti-jewish views

and another thing...there are many religious groups around who complain about their being too much violence on Movies and Televisions and want bans on shows and people and restrictions on many different things , yet they approve of their childeren watching this movie which has as much violence as any other movie....isnt that hypocritical?

Those Are My Two Cents on this movie and all the controversy, thank you

Don Breezio

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2004, 05:19:05 PM »
i think they needed to show them wipping him for 15 min....its not like they whipped him for 2 minutes and said "ok thats good enough"...they beat the shit out of him...it would've lessened the effect if they had cut down anything in the movie.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2004, 05:44:47 PM »
lol don't post reviews by Jewish critics...what do you expect them to say?

"Gibson has made a movie for nobody, really, but Gibson."
-- Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"Has such anti-Semitic possibilities and no upside for anyone but believers in Mel's vision that the execution of Christ is more important than his life."
-- Dennis Schwartz, OZUS' WORLD MOVIE REVIEWS

+many others you listed

NIK use common sense.

No dude, most of the reviews I posted weren't Jewish...I went to a review site and posted the reviews I saw...Also, just because a name has "SCHW," doesn't mean the person is Jewish...They can be German as well...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2004, 05:47:20 PM »
Ok, I went and saw this movie saturday...it was ok, already knew the story....but did they really need to show them whipping on him for 15 min....come on now...and moving him back and forth from the governor to the judge and all that got me bored and really was a waste of time....i guess im saying this because in my opinion i really liked reading this through the bible instead of watching it on screen...it was a 7/10....

but all the controversy about the jews not being portraied correctly and all....i dont think anyone has asked a jew this yet but, if they were not the way they were portraied in the movie, HOW SHOULD THEY BE PORTRAIED?

And did anyone hear Mel Gibsons Father Give an interview about the movie and bash jewish people with all their stereotypes kinda like hitler?....that was wrong of him to do and kinda made it seem like mel gibson was making this movie and portraying the jews wrongly to kinda please his father's anti-jewish views

and another thing...there are many religious groups around who complain about their being too much violence on Movies and Televisions and want bans on shows and people and restrictions on many different things , yet they approve of their childeren watching this movie which has as much violence as any other movie....isnt that hypocritical?

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I wouldn't know if it was anti-Semetic. But from what I heard, a lot of Jews have been complaining that it is...I don't really care if it is or not, because it looks like a good movie...I just don't want to see a bunch of idiot Christians/Catholics start up a revolution...Plus, Mel Gibson's dad is a well-known anti-Semite, so that makes people wonder even more...PeACe

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2004, 05:50:33 PM »

Great points, and on the horror subject, what u want critics to say, a 2 hour movie about a guy hacking other 2 pieces, 5 stars!....i like some horror movies, i loved the new texas chainsaw, i loved scream,  the old friday the 13th, old haloween, freddy vs Jason was good as shit too, but a lot of horror movies just plain SUCK

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2004, 07:05:06 PM »

Great points, and on the horror subject, what u want critics to say, a 2 hour movie about a guy hacking other 2 pieces, 5 stars!....i like some horror movies, i loved the new texas chainsaw, i loved scream,  the old friday the 13th, old haloween, freddy vs Jason was good as shit too, but a lot of horror movies just plain SUCK

Yes, a lot of horror movies suck, but even the movies you listed as good have gotten horrible reviews...PeACe

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2004, 02:21:50 PM »
There is some latin in there, i recognized alot of it.. dunno if it was throughout the whole movie tho..
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous