Author Topic: Passion of the Christ  (Read 1301 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re:Passion of the Christ
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2004, 02:28:48 PM »

I've got a Quick Q?
Is it a sin to wath "The Passion of the Christ" on bootleg?

I saw this movie last night at my house...
I gotta say I defo wanna watch it again..

Great movie
Hatesrats 2oooIV

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2004, 05:36:13 PM »
I saw it, and the story was extremely exaggerated...Awesome movie though...PeACe

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2004, 08:24:13 AM »
the story was extremely exaggerated
Far frum exaggerated my man

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

bez

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2004, 01:18:15 PM »

who knows?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2004, 03:50:54 PM »

Were you there? Do you even read your bible? I've read the bible, and there's no way that the movie wasn't exaggerated...PeACe

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2004, 04:22:37 PM »
There are more people saying it's great and not as bada as a small percentage of the media popluations think it is.

Even most Priests and Rabbis have said this is a great movie.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2004, 05:35:54 PM »
Even most Priests and Rabbis have said this is a great movie.

It is a great movie, but also a little twisted.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2004, 12:19:36 AM »
twisted, no
exaggerated , no

mel gibson made this movie almost as closely to the bible as you could get!, he also got it historically right too with the roman's. read some shit on how roman's torchered and crucified people during this time and it's correct

what was exagerated? if anything it really could have been even more intense according to the bible

how what it twisted? everything in the movie happened according to the bible

the only thing i can think of that is inaccurate is when the devil yells at the end  or when you see the anti christ

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2004, 02:14:08 AM »
twisted, no
exaggerated , no

mel gibson made this movie almost as closely to the bible as you could get!, he also got it historically right too with the roman's. read some shit on how roman's torchered and crucified people during this time and it's correct

what was exagerated? if anything it really could have been even more intense according to the bible

how what it twisted? everything in the movie happened according to the bible

the only thing i can think of that is inaccurate is when the devil yells at the end  or when you see the anti christ

LMAO...You're tryna' tell me they didn't add shit and exaggerate the Jews to be total assholes?

Roman leader: You can either let the insane mass-murderer go, or Jesus go...You choose.
Kike leader: DEFINENTLY JESUS!!!

LMAO...And the fact that Mel Gibson's dad is an open anti-Semit just adds to it...Whatever though, I'm not complaining...Movie was cool...PeACe

Sikotic™

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2004, 12:52:28 PM »
LMAO...You're tryna' tell me they didn't add shit and exaggerate the Jews to be total assholes?

Roman leader: You can either let the insane mass-murderer go, or Jesus go...You choose.

LMAO...And the fact that Mel Gibson's dad is an open anti-Semit just adds to it...Whatever though, I'm not complaining...Movie was cool...PeACe

Read your Bible man. They let Barabbas go instead of Jesus because the leaders and people cried out for it.

Mark Chapter 15 Verse 6-14 says:

6 Now at that feast he released unto them one prisoner, whomsoever they desired.

7 And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.

8 And the multitude crying aloud began to desire him to do as he had ever done unto them.

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy.

11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews?

13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2004, 01:11:13 PM »

Read your Bible man. They let Barabbas go instead of Jesus because the leaders and people cried out for it.

Mark Chapter 15 Verse 6-14 says:

6 Now at that feast he released unto them one prisoner, whomsoever they desired.

7 And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.

8 And the multitude crying aloud began to desire him to do as he had ever done unto them.

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy.

11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them.

12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews?

13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.

I'm just saying, the way it was done was very exaggerated as to how it was written in the bible...PeACe
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 04:31:10 PM by Now_I_Know »

bez

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2004, 01:19:25 PM »
At the end of the day for all we know the story could be totally fictional so why argue?

EvlQNxGC

• Lil Geezy
  • EvlQN/GC
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2004, 11:49:42 PM »
the movies isnt anti-jewish, because then it would also be anti-roman since they were the ones who clearly took pleasure in almost beating him to death. i think with claims like that we forget about one of the real issues... this movies brought, catholic, christian and other religions together. this movie wasnt about who killed christ... it was about how human he really is...in ther movie we see a human jesus... one that loved beyond anyone comperhencion... it brought to us the devil... who even in the presence of the Lord... he will still try to take you...this movie brought Jesus to life... we now not just know the stroy... but we really know the storty.. it was like we almost were there and watching...we see his strong and careing mother... who stood strong and at his side... asking her son to take her when he dies...

i think we really needed a movie like this.. because of the way the world is going today.. it helps us remember who we really are....

"The Best Opportunities are not found but MADE"

bez

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2004, 03:37:49 PM »
man some of the comments in here are stupid...i was in the theatre and i was probably one of 5 people not crying...even my girlfriend almost cried and she doesnt cry for anything.

the movie was not just 2 hours of jesus getting his ass beat. if you pay attention to the things he says and the reactions of mary, and judas, and peter, etc....then you'll realize it wasnt just 2 hours of bloodshed. yeah it was a lot of blood but then again so was gladiator and everyone loved that. seriously im not religious at all...im not even christian but even i felt some power out of that movie.

i loved how just little things in the movie brought on flashbacks by jesus and mary about things that happened in the past...like when he fell while carrying the cross and mary had that flashback of when he fell and hurt himself as a little kid.

it was a very good movie...im not gonna get all religous over it. but it was done very well.

Couldent of said it any better.  I saw it today, first day it came out and I thought it was superb.  The acting, direction, story (of course), it was just a great movie to watch and as it is based on actual events I took it all in as if it actually meant something to myself and who I am.

Regardless of whether I am religious or not the movie was very powerful and moving and it kinda brings the whole thing that if he went through a thing like that just so you and I could be here, then I should be religious and thankful to this man.

I actually admit it I am quite an emotional guy when it comes to movies, if a movie touches me in a way that upsets me then I will not hold back, the only thing in this film that almost got me going was the bit that Luke said, the flashback of him falling when he was a kid and his Mum helping him.  I loved that bit, so deep.

Overall the movie for me is a 5/5 and I could sit there and watch it over and over again.  It does make you think though, if all that actually did happen, then what do we owe this man?

and.....can it happen again?

Great film.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2004, 04:33:33 PM »
Couldent of said it any better.  

You definitely could HAVE said that better... 8)