Author Topic: Car Plans  (Read 231 times)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
Re:Car Plans
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 05:03:33 PM »
Hm..
Well then there has to be a reason for half of the Avenger club having 140+ miles on their engine. One of them is a boosted Avenger that runs 12s. I know your not hating but your not exactly right either.

Sure, 90k is like whoa but I plan on getting a 3.0 and 5spd swap ( :o) anyway. It will last longer with those 2 mods...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »
a 5 speed swap is some serious shit..10/10 in level of difficulty

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 05:11:46 PM »
ok.. off topic, u said your car is 170hp? on edmunds its 140??? yo a 5sp is amazing, i myself have a nissan maxima 5sp, but its gonna cost a lot, plus an engine swap... it aint worth it, (in my opinion), but u do what u gonna do, is your car fast now? cause im lookin at some reviews , and people saying its mad slow

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 05:15:15 PM »
also.. u from jersey, were? ur like my neighbor,u know any places with lots of street racing???

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2004, 05:23:47 PM »
Well yeah its not the fastest car..It does the 1/4 mile in like 15 seconds. The 5spd swap is in progress by the same place that makes the turbo for my car.. ERTurbo. But the car would totally kick ass with a 5spd swap and 3.0.

Are you in Jersey? Im like 20 minutes from Six Flags. There arent really any places where people meet up for street racing.. If you see someone at a light you rev and have a go.. Thats pretty much it..  8)

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2004, 05:35:10 PM »
no im from philly, i went to the street races down here, on sat, but just before i got there, cops broke them up, theres some sick cars there, the night before my boys went and actually seen the races, i met some kid from jersey, had a sweet ass RSX type S

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2004, 05:38:20 PM »
lol.. I was on the BQE like 2 weekends ago... and I heard some engines reving and I was looking around but I couldnt find anything. A few seconds later a green Supra and a red Porsche go FLYING by. I was like " :o OH SHIT".

It looked like the Supra had the Porsche, IDK how it ended though.

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2004, 06:15:32 PM »
o shit id do anything for a supra. those cars are so fucking nice. and fast.

im looking around for a pretty decent car for around 5 -8 grand. not really sure what to get.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2004, 07:16:52 PM »
Off topic I drove to Six Flags in Jersey from Mass a couple years ago. I love the animal safari shit its mad funny..The monkeys fucked my boys car up..They ripped off his reflector and ate it.lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2004, 09:27:23 PM »
dude half of these people don't know what they're talking about . Shitzubitchy is what made dodge suck. japanese (stock) cars are no better than american or german cars, when you grind it out they can all be considered the same japanese cars are designed differently to be starved of fuel and shit because  like the motorcycles they started with in the 50's they were designed for bone heads who didn't know about changing oils and fluids. American cars are made for people who change their oil every 3,000 miles  and get their tranny's serviced often.......like someone said if you take care of a car it'll last you as long as you want. that's why you see so many more early 80 model trucks on the road and more japanese cars in the junk yard.  shit is proven .

with all that said fuck a nitrous set up .....for now. you're riding on a dodge.....take out that shitzubitchy crap and replace your shit with some mopar products .....i'm not sure if you can or not, but you might be able to pull off a chevy small block or a 5.0 ford engine.  Go to jegs.com or summitracing and get a catelougue. go for mopar.....i'm not 100% sure (cuz i'm a chevy/ford guy) but i think you might be able to keep your current engine....just rebuild it with mopar parts (metal, not plastic jap crap).

if i was you this is what i'd do performance wise:

first upgrade your exhaust

get a new pair of headers (mopar, hooker, borla make fine ones)

then get an x pipe ( borla makes a really good one)

40-50  series flowmasters (i'd recomend delta flows for a quieter sound because people would laugh at you if tried to get the hot rod 40 series)

then get yourselve some nice pipe(s) don't get a big ass barrel....shit is tacky and really pointless

if you can try to find a kit that makes your car into a dual  exhaust

then after you get your exhaust banged out i'd consentrate on the engine

like i said if i was you i'd either save up for a nice hemi (if they make em that small ) or rebuild your shit with mopar parts and get cams and shit that are built stronger.
then go for your air fuel mixture (shit is ENDLESS  to what you could do here ) if you want to go all out go for a blower, shit will boost your horsepower damn near 40%.

i'm not all to knowledgable about trannys  but i'd talk to some transmission shops though before i started messing with the engine though cuz those foreign made tranny are little bitches....

i'd buy some performance tires  ( i recomend nitto) then hook yourself up with a nice  set of rims .......if you're serious about racing get something lightweight

oh yeah also when you /if you buy a body kit or wing...........pleeeeeeeeeease dude dont' buy something  JSUT cuz it looks good. get something that's actually functual......for example don't get those ones that have the front facial alll widened and boxy  and is almost touching the ground  get something smooth around the corners and fits like your stock one.  also your wing should run parrallel to your hood and body . if you replace your hood and have scoops , make sure it's funcional  or you just wasted your cash.

oh yeah your suspension .....don't just buy any old shocks or struts, make sure they're durable, adjustable gas ones are tight, make sure your springs are solid and it's a REAL good idea to replaec all your control arms because most stock cars (particularly foreign made ones) are made of stamped out cheap metal......get some solid made stuff.

other than that  just get your self some parts catelouges.....and look for all the mopar parts........on the real  the best aftermarket parts come from chevy based parts but i don't know if you could use them all.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 07:07:22 AM »
Well it was 8gs but we got it down to $5600..lol.
Only thing is.. it has 90,000 miles on it so Ill probably have to drop a new engine (maybe a 3.0 swap  8)) in the future.

Thanks for the complients. Hopefully Ill be posting some kitted pics this summer.  ;D
what make is it? it looks kinda japeneese, if so 90k ain't a big deal really but if its a shitty american car u may aswell put that engine on the scrap heap. i got a honda civic with about 95k on the clock and its in sound mechanical order, just has a hole in the exhaust i can't afford to fix

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2004, 12:07:44 PM »
Its a Dodge but everything under the hood is Mitsubishi.

Id rather have Mitsubishi then Chevy any day... Fuck Chevy  :-X

Montana00

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2004, 12:32:07 PM »
i dont really know about mitsubishi. i hear there pretty fucked up though.

but anyone have any experience with hondas. i hear those suckers last.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2004, 10:46:20 PM »
mitzu's are horrible cars.......nice tv's though

hondas .....on the real are no better than what people make ford's out to be.

if you change your fluids regularly any american car...except for some early 90's fords and oldsmobiles should last you as long as you want it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09