Author Topic: mustang or SUV?  (Read 575 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:mustang or SUV?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2004, 09:50:32 PM »
i think your spoiled if your parents buy you a car at 16.

what did you do to earn it? if you helped pay for it thats a different story. i know a guy whose parents have bought him two cars already and hes still 16. he doesnt even have a job. thats fucked up

Parents should always help buy a car...When they become old, that's when you pay them back, by supporting them like they did for you when you were a child...Plus, when parents buy a car for their kid, of course the child should help out with payments...If the child doesn't have a job and help with the payments, THEN he's spoiled...PeACe

Floydness

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2004, 10:02:50 PM »
ummm 30 grand isnt even a lot for a car... its mid-class  ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2004, 10:12:43 PM »
back to the question at hand

i live in both world's i drive a 96' mustang GT convertable which i'm converting into a a 351 saleen. my mom has a 2004 chevy tahoe

IMO get the mustang......i mean there's a bajillion after market parts and accesories out there for mustangs to customize it...mustang's have the MOST after market parts for ANY car you could get a basic v6 for 4 grand and put that 26 extra grand fixing it up....and customizing it. Pimping out a mustang is EASY . the MACH 460 sound system is easily upgradable. ALL engine and transmission parts are EASY to come by and range from OEM (original Equipt Model to pro drag race)  

if you decide on gettin an SUV....it costs $$$$$$$$ first of all the car itself STOCK is  costly . i mean a GOOD suv like a tahoe , excursion, or Yukon Denali, escalade, or navagator costs 30-100 grand >.......STOCK!   then the first thing you got to get on an SUV is the rims which for a pimp  car cost 5 grand....then you got the system you got to pimp cuz lord knows no SUV has a good sound system with all that room. then when you go to put on your 20-26 inch rims you got to replace the brake rotors  which are hard to find and expensive, as well as the engine parts and tranny.  plus there's only so much you can do with an SUV to customize it becuase the after market is still barely new on them

in my opiniion your best bet if it has to be between an SUV and a mustang is the mustang

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Floydness

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2004, 10:53:30 PM »
^^ OMFG the saleen is my DREAM CAR...

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2004, 01:13:03 AM »
i drive my mom's Honda Civic and my parents wouln'd get me a new car, only a used 1. i'm starting work April 25, but it's only for 2 months, so i guess they're gonna buy me a used car for like 3-4 grand.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

JTSimon

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2004, 01:34:08 AM »
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/608/password/sort/page/ more photos

Buy a Toyota Prius[Hybrid]  ;) if you can wait 6 months.

Mileage Estimates (mpg city/highway/combined) 60/51/55  :D

Montana00

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2004, 05:25:26 AM »
that car is ugly

30,000 isnt alot for a car? it depends on how old you are. if your living under your parents roof and you dont think thats alot then you got alot of money.

but if you live on your own and got a real job then  :)

JTSimon

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2004, 08:31:58 AM »
hey, im getting a car pretty soon and i need some advice... my whole life i wanted a mustang (im in love with convertible mustangs) but then again, im not the best driver ever lol so im thinking i should get like a nice SUV, by the summer gas will be 3 $ a gallon  >:( and SUVs eat up gas like a bitch.. what do u think is nicer for a girl to driver also? and whats better... any advice would be good, thanx  :)

I wouldn't spend all that money on a brand new car...just come to San Diego when they have a US Marshall auction and buy cars that were siezed from drug dealers/convicts ;D

My sister got a 99 Honda Accord 2 Dr LX Coupe cheap $7,900 and it had 68k on it last summer. You won't have to deal with financing and all that bullshit they put on you.

Oh and you don't have to pay taxes on the car it is exempt...you only pay what you bid for it. My sister not only got a good deal she saved $800 in taxes.

http://www.robertsonleasing.com/home/carlist.html

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2004, 09:03:49 AM »
Man... 3$ per gallon and this? --> >:(

Come around my hood and then complain about gas prices.

And about which car to get - use your head. Are you in a position where you can buy a car that's just fun or do you want one that's more useful too? Personally, I'd get neither. I'd settle for something smaller than an SUV and more practical than a Mustang. Maybe save some money for a good audio set up while I'm at it. (Shit, I need to get a job or win the lottery or some shit, I want a car of my own...)

JTSimon

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2004, 09:27:31 AM »
that car is ugly

(mpg city/highway/combined) 60/51/55 its not that bad looking  ;)

Montana00

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2004, 10:08:02 AM »
who cares about its gas mileage it looks like shit.

gas mileage isnt really a factor to me. as long as its above 15 miles to a gallon im fine.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2004, 10:10:11 AM »
that's another advantage of a mustang....there's a million horse power adding parts that increase MPG

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

JTSimon

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2004, 10:18:02 AM »
who cares about its gas mileage it looks like shit.

gas mileage isnt really a factor to me. as long as its above 15 miles to a gallon im fine.

Well most of us live in SoCal and gas prices are getting crazy.

Floydness

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2004, 11:29:17 AM »
how much do saleens run for?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2004, 11:58:12 AM »
yea the hybrid is nasty, fuck good gas mileage... also i fuckin wish i had 30gs for a car, i spend 4500 on my maxima, but love it to death, also a really phat car is the new 2004 accord v6 coupe 6speed, like 25gs 240 hp, nice.. reliable... and beautifull...