Author Topic: Why is it always the U.S.s fault?  (Read 466 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Why is it always the U.S.s fault?
« on: April 20, 2004, 08:39:40 AM »
Upon reading through a large part of this forum I see a large number of people blaming todays problems on the world on the super powers like USA and Britain. News flash, throughout the history of mankind there are winners and there are losers. There always been more people on the bottom than on the top. Right now it happpens to be USA, before it was Russia (sort of), before that England, way before that Rome and a whole bunch in between. Does any one really think the world would be any different if Bush was out of power, or if USA was taken over. Lets say the middle East banded together and took over the world, would it be any better? It would probably be the same except the power would shift with in society. THe rich white people would be replaced by rich arab people, and the poor white people (and yes there is a lot of them), would still be poor white people. Also the poor arabs and other non white would still be poor. I often object to how the US conducts itself but I keep my mouth shut. Why? Because I have never run a country and have never been resposible for appeasing the masses, and have no idea how hard it may be. Bottom line is the world is full of misery and shit, it has always been full of misery and shit, and it will always be full of misery and shit. I take whats given to me, and feel greatful that I live in a safe and prosperous environment. I feel for those that do not but "blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven", someone I believe in very much told me that, and one of the main reasons I believe in a heaven is because it just isn't fair that so many people are born with nothing and die with even less.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Why is it always the U.S.s fault?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »
bush does whatever he thinks is right and takes barly any interest in what the international community think of america is doing. sometimes he maybe right but also he can just as often be wrong let me give a couple examples.

he underminded UNs power as an international mediator giving it less strength than before he came to power and tried to make ppl think the UN is 'irrelivant'

he put tarriffs on steel yet america is supposed to support free trade, america isn't the only country what has ther steel industry in decline! at the end of the day if u can#t stay competitive u gotta change into another industry or look at ways to improve efficiency.

at the end of the day he needs to consider the wider implications of his actions especially when he is acting on an international stage however all too often he only takes into account american interest. another point is ppl will always challenge the leadership its only natural as the world is a competitive place

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

pappy

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 02:00:03 PM »
a few reason

1.  people are jealous of america

2.  some people are justified in what negatives they say about america

3.  some people have never been out in the real world so they have no idea how fucked up the world truly is so they hang on to the word of there college professor like it is gospel

4.  because some shit u do no matter what it may be some segment of society will not like it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 05:36:11 PM »
Here's what it comes down to.

In the bible, Moses was one of the greatest men that has ever lived.  I mean, he's #2 or #3, all time greatest people alive.  

God didn't allow Moses to arrive in the promised land he promised all his people, though, because Moses disobeyed God 1 time.... the Lord told him to command a rock to pour water, and Moses instead STRUCK the rock, and had it pour water.  

One small, tiny infraction was enough to keep a man as great as Moses out of the promised land he spent 40 years wandering the desert in search of.

So it is with the United States.  We're so fucking great, that any small mistake we make gets magnifyed thousands of times.  If we're anything short of perfect (and of course we are) we get criticised for it, whereas nations without our stature can do anything and it doesn't even matter.  

pappy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 06:07:22 PM »

So it is with the United States.  We're so fucking great, that any small mistake we make gets magnifyed thousands of times.  If we're anything short of perfect (and of course we are) we get criticised for it, whereas nations without our stature can do anything and it doesn't even matter.  
its shit like this that makes people hate us when u stay stuff which can basically be summed up as our shit dont stink which is far from the case.  i love this country an think where the best country in the world but to say we have only done a few small mistakes is a jokes.  bro we have a lot of big flaws.  but this country is not nearly as bad as some what u 2 believe.  but it also works the other way.  we aint as perfect as some on this bored would want u 2 believe

ArmoLeb24

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 06:34:16 PM »
Who brought Saddam to power, and supported him while he was killing people?
Who supported Noriega, and was paying him a SALARY of $100,000 a year, while he was involved in drug trafficking?
Who attacked Central American countries simply because they wanted to pay us for the land we were using, and use it themselves? Who replaced the leaders with corrupt, U.S. puppet governments?

The answer to all of those questions is the United States.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 03:25:39 AM »
its not ALWAYS Americans fault, but America does have a way of placing blame on others always and not stepping up to take responsibility for its own actions. That goes beyond our government, its almost our whole way of living now. When our kids turn out bad, its because TV influenced them, their friends influenced them, etc...not because we're bad parents. Its just the overall attitude of the country now. Id rather live here then anywhere, but i dont pretend as if other countries just hate us because we're America. Its not just jealousy, its the way we act. If it were pure jealousy that made other countries hate us...then EVERY country with less power then us would hate us. But thats not it, only those countries who have very different cultures...and who we try to control, "hate" us. Bottom line...we're not ALWAYS wrong...but we're not ALWAYS right either.

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 06:04:44 AM »
In America, we have created a peculiar phenomenon of blaming the victim.  Isreali Jews steal almost all of Palestine and we blame the Palestinians when they start throwing rocks.   America invades and occupies Iraq with a "shock and awe" campaign and we blame Iraqi's when they put schrapnel and a few pieces of scrap metal together to make a weapon.

We must remember that when the Islamic civilization was at it's hieght in the middle ages, and had penetrated deep into Europe, controlling Spain, they governed over Jews and Christians in peace and harmony, and even the Jews will admit they experienced their golden age in Muslim Spain.  Muslims lead the world in science and technology without being harmful to the enviroment.

smerlus

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 09:31:51 AM »
In America, we have created a peculiar phenomenon of blaming the victim.  Isreali Jews steal almost all of Palestine and we blame the Palestinians when they start throwing rocks.   America invades and occupies Iraq with a "shock and awe" campaign and we blame Iraqi's when they put schrapnel and a few pieces of scrap metal together to make a weapon.

We must remember that when the Islamic civilization was at it's hieght in the middle ages, and had penetrated deep into Europe, controlling Spain, they governed over Jews and Christians in peace and harmony, and even the Jews will admit they experienced their golden age in Muslim Spain.  Muslims lead the world in science and technology without being harmful to the enviroment.

Basra bombs kill at least 68 Iraqis
18 schoolchildren among the dead, police say
Wednesday, April 21, 2004 Posted: 11:43 AM EDT (1543 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Five suicide car bombings near police facilities in and around the southern Iraqi city of Basra killed at least 68 Iraqis Wednesday -- including 18 schoolchildren, police said.

About 100 people were wounded in the attacks, which occurred after 7 a.m. (11 p.m. Tuesday ET) during the height of rush hour, a senior military source said.

Most of the dead were civilians, killed in three bombings: one near each of three Basra police stations and two at the nearby Regional Police Academy at Az Zubayr, police said.

Ten boys and girls being driven to kindergarten in a minivan and eight girls in another minivan headed to a high school were killed in one of the blasts, according to police official Col. Ali Abdullah.

The dead included at least 16 Iraqi police officers, police said.

Basra, which is usually a quiet region of Iraq, is under the control of British coalition forces.

British Foreign Minister Jack Straw blamed "insurgents who are trying to disrupt the [June 30] handover of sovereignty to the Iraqi people."

One car exploded in Az Zubayr and then, 30 minutes later as people gathered at the scene, a second suicide car bomb went off in the same location, police officer Hassan Kahlaf said. He said that the first bomber was dressed as a policeman.

In Baghdad, top coalition civilian administrator Paul Bremer said the attacks show that "the terrorists are willing to kill as many people as they can, indiscriminately, and they seem to have killed quite a number of schoolchildren today in addition to policemen."

Crowds threw stones at the coalition forces as they were trying to reach the sites of the blasts, a British military source told CNN.

British Army Capt. Hisham Halawi said calm seemed to have returned to Basra as British forces and Iraqi police began an investigation.

Coalition authorities in southern Iraq issued a statement, denouncing the attack.

"On behalf of the Coalition Provision Authority, we wish to express deep shock and revulsion at the murderous attacks on Iraqi police forces this morning and the loss of so many innocent Iraqi lives," said a statement from Basra governorate coordinator Henry Hogger and regional coordinator Patrick Nixon.

Bremer said remnants of the Saddam Hussein regime are largely responsible for recent attacks in Fallujah, Ramadi and now Basra.

He said the coalition has anticipated that as the June 30 sovereignty handoff nears, insurgents "would increase their attacks on the Iraqi people and on the coalition."

"We have to do everything we can to defeat" the insurgents, Bremer said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poor poor iraqis, they are so innocent....why would america possibly pic on such upstanding world citizens

JTSimon

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 10:01:57 AM »
America = #1 terrorist state.

Invade Iran 2006  ;)

Syria 2007

Pakistan 2008

If America is so concerned about Human Rights go invade China/Rwanda  ;)

smerlus

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

Invade Iran 2006  ;)

Syria 2007

Pakistan 2008

look up the definition of terrorist if you don't know the meaning
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 11:50:54 AM by smerlus »

Woodrow

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 02:27:31 PM »

Invade Iran 2006  ;)

Syria 2007

Pakistan 2008

Terrorism:  The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

-That sounds like the United States and Isreal to me.  Just one example (we get examples everyday) is the United States 'shock and awe' campaign in the opening days against Iraq.  It was unlawful, in the event that it violated International Law, it was the use of force and violence because they were dropping a large assortment of bombs, devastating biuldings and streets,  and it was with the intention of intimidating and coercing societies and governments for ideological or political reasons, Rumsfield and the Bush regime threatened Syria and Iran that they would be next if they didn't bow to big bad United States, and administration officials bragged when the devestation and terrorism in Iraq caused Libya to give up it's right to defend themselves in fear of the U.S.

United States =  #1 terrorist state
Isreal = #2 terrorist state
Britian = #3 terrorist state
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 02:32:49 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 04:25:20 PM »
In America, we have created a peculiar phenomenon of blaming the victim.  Isreali Jews steal almost all of Palestine and we blame the Palestinians when they start throwing rocks.  

Throwing rocks? LMAO...Is that a metaphor for blowing up pre-schools?...You're blinded.

JTSimon

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 05:04:05 PM »

Invade Iran 2006  ;)

Syria 2007

Pakistan 2008

Terrorism:  The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

-That sounds like the United States and Isreal to me.  Just one example (we get examples everyday) is the United States 'shock and awe' campaign in the opening days against Iraq.  It was unlawful, in the event that it violated International Law, it was the use of force and violence because they were dropping a large assortment of bombs, devastating biuldings and streets,  and it was with the intention of intimidating and coercing societies and governments for ideological or political reasons, Rumsfield and the Bush regime threatened Syria and Iran that they would be next if they didn't bow to big bad United States, and administration officials bragged when the devestation and terrorism in Iraq caused Libya to give up it's right to defend themselves in fear of the U.S.

United States =  #1 terrorist state
Isreal = #2 terrorist state
Britian = #3 terrorist state

Sitting in the corner applauding  ;)