Author Topic: Baseball > Every other Sport  (Read 880 times)

smerlus

Re:Baseball > Every other Sport
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2004, 05:27:32 PM »
where did i say you couldn't talk about football...talk yourself into another corner

and i find it hardly ironic that you idolize a person that most believe to be the reason the mafia lost most of it's power in america

Two fuck ups under one screen name

first off i meant what pro football team do you play for since u seem to kno so much about football.  also lets get one thing straight about the mafia,  the mafia is still has just as much power as it did.  just b/c it aint in the light no more dont mean shit buddy.

oh so now you have to be on a pro team to know alot about something.....so once again, what baseball team do you play for?

pappy

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »
where did i say you couldn't talk about football...talk yourself into another corner

and i find it hardly ironic that you idolize a person that most believe to be the reason the mafia lost most of it's power in america

first off i meant what pro football team do you play for since u seem to kno so much about football.  also lets get one thing straight about the mafia,  the mafia is still has just as much power as it did.  just b/c it aint in the light no more dont mean shit buddy.

oh so now you have to be on a pro team to know alot about something.....so once again, what baseball team do you play for?

i never said u have to be on a pro team to kno anything about that professional sports.  thats what i got from what you said tho.  In order to kno about that in's an outs of a professional sport you have to play in the big leagues.  what am i missin here

smerlus

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2004, 05:35:03 PM »

i never said u have to be on a pro team to kno anything about that professional sports.  thats what i got from what you said tho.  In order to kno about that in's an outs of a professional sport you have to play in the big leagues.  what am i missin here

so since you admit that to know the ins and outs of a professional sport.....you have to play the game....and there's no professional athlete's on this board.....why can i not talk about baseball again?

pappy

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 05:36:28 PM »

so since you admit that to know the ins and outs of a professional sport.....you have to play the game....and there's no professional athlete's on this board.....why can i not talk about baseball again?

it aint even worth it man,  continue talkin outta your ass i wont stop ya

smerlus

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2004, 05:42:48 PM »

it aint even worth it man,  continue talkin outta your ass i wont stop ya

GoOooOooOoood answer....now just back away from the thread

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2004, 05:46:17 PM »
and more (people watch) Baseball than Basketball.

^^This statement is wrong. Baksetball and Football are the two most watched sports in America...Baseball lost its light...In my opinion, Basketball takes a lot more skill and athleticism than Baseball...PeACe

pappy

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2004, 05:58:32 PM »

^^This statement is wrong. Baksetball and Football are the two most watched sports in America

do you have statistics to show this b/c last time i saw baseball is still more watched than basketball

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2004, 07:13:06 PM »

^^This statement is wrong. Baksetball and Football are the two most watched sports in America

do you have statistics to show this b/c last time i saw baseball is still more watched than basketball

Check the ratings...

pappy

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2004, 07:16:27 PM »

Check the ratings...

i do an baseball is still higher

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2004, 07:45:43 PM »
World Series vs. NBA Finals... World series has DEFINATLY got higher ratings

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2004, 08:54:55 PM »

World Series is only one game...

pappy

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2004, 08:58:34 PM »

no its not lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2004, 09:17:52 PM »

no its not lol

Well, I don't follow baseball, but I know for a fact that TV ratings for the NBA in general are higher than TV ratings for the MLB, because I read it in the L.A. Times not too long ago...

Some say basketball is becoming America's most popular sport. Participation has grown by over 8% since 1987, while baseball has declined by more than 24%, according to the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association.

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2004, 09:23:02 PM »
Of course baseball is the greatest sport.  It's also a true team sport, you can't carry a baseball team all by yourself.  EVERYBODY has to be talented, or the team won't do well.  There's virtually no way to play baseball selfishly.  You can't hog the ball... you can't try and hotshot and show off, because generally you're either trying to get the ball to another player, or you're the only one involved in the play in the first play (I.E., catching a pop fly, tagging someone out)... so there's no egos and selfishness.  It's a simple game but has complex deep rules with lots of statistics for people who prefer the depth of those aspects of a sport.  Finally, it has a rich history of charismatic players and is buried in the history of our country.  Not as many people watch anymore, but it's still the greatest sport.  Just because people don't realize it doesn't make something less great, it is what it is, you can't change the truth.

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 09:24:28 PM »

* Hands NIK a dictionary so he can look up the word "Series"