Author Topic: Jay-Z returns as S. Carter, signs with Aftermath  (Read 1331 times)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Re:Jay-Z returns as S. Carter, signs with Aftermath
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 01:24:34 PM »
why is a fansite reporting it and not any official label reps?

- AMM is working very close wit the math & interscope. (Management, Artists)
www.aftermath-entertainment.com/links/links.asp

- Listen to: "Jay-Z's signing and he ain't retiring". (DJ Whoo Kid on Westwood)
http://www.mrfproductionz.de/whookid2.ra

- btw: If you gonna ask lots of ppl from the music bizz, they gonna tell u it was sure about the new jigga LP

- vibe reported that this will happen in last issue

PLUS: The news were posted on sunday. Who`s workin on sunday??? I´m sure you`ll see a comment tomorrow.

so, Be on the look out for an official statement from the camp, that is to be announced shortly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 01:38:54 PM by Dedicato »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 01:26:19 PM »
This is gonna be terrible.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 01:57:54 PM »

- AMM is working very close wit the math & interscope. (Management, Artists)
www.aftermath-entertainment.com/links/links.asp

- Listen to: "Jay-Z's signing and he ain't retiring". (DJ Whoo Kid on Westwood)
http://www.mrfproductionz.de/whookid2.ra

- btw: If you gonna ask lots of ppl from the music bizz, they gonna tell u it was sure about the new jigga LP

- vibe reported that this will happen in last issue

PLUS: The news were posted on sunday. Who`s workin on sunday??? I´m sure you`ll see a comment tomorrow.

so, Be on the look out for an official statement from the camp, that is to be announced shortly.

Ok that's cool, but it has been a no-brainer that this "retirement" wasn't going to last, and many people in the business never really believed it, hell none of the fans really wanted to believe it either.

And again having links on a fansite doesn't mean that one is "working" with artists and labels. Just from my own experience, there were alot of Death Row fansites with links to the official site, but none were "working" with the label, just doing interviews and what-not. But your site is cool and I check it out from time to time, so it's cool.
But it's weird that a fansite will report "confidential" news before the actual company itself reports such "big news". And I'm sure the labels in question knew what was going on before the start of the weekend and would of contacted various outlets before-hand. And some people do work on weekends at labels (it's not an un-common practice).
But if it's factual, it would be interesting to hear what Jay and Dre can do, like Dre and Nas once had started.
But Halu, brings up a good point.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2004, 02:03:09 PM »

which label reps have sites?

You must of misunderstood what I said. Why hasn't a label's PR (or other label outlets) department report such "big news" to the various media outlets first? And many labels have independent PR companies that  have their own sites.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2004, 02:52:12 PM »
Ok that's cool, but it has been a no-brainer that this "retirement" wasn't going to last, and many people in the business never really believed it, hell none of the fans really wanted to believe it either.

And again having links on a fansite doesn't mean that one is "working" with artists and labels. Just from my own experience, there were alot of Death Row fansites with links to the official site, but none were "working" with the label, just doing interviews and what-not. But your site is cool and I check it out from time to time, so it's cool.
But it's weird that a fansite will report "confidential" news before the actual company itself reports such "big news". And I'm sure the labels in question knew what was going on before the start of the weekend and would of contacted various outlets before-hand. And some people do work on weekends at labels (it's not an un-common practice).
But if it's factual, it would be interesting to hear what Jay and Dre can do, like Dre and Nas once had started.
But Halu, brings up a good point.

www.Aftermath-Entertainment.com is the official website. www.Aftermathmusic.com is in their Link Section.

But it's weird that a fansite will report "confidential" news before the actual company itself reports such "big news". And I'm sure the labels in question knew what was going on before the start of the weekend and would of contacted various outlets before-hand.

I NEVER SAID THE JIGGA Deal is finnished. I juss said: "Jigga is doin his next record with the math". I only confirmed the rumors. Whoo Kid announced it 1st. ;) REAL Fansites ALWAYS posting the news a way earlier than official websites.

Anyways:
I run this website since 1998. Last Year we, DubCNN & AMM, was saying : Upcoming Deals with Busta and X ... at the top of the year, busta signed. be on da look out for X.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 02:55:33 PM by Dedicato »

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 02:52:58 PM »
 ;D

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 03:05:39 PM »

REAL Fansites ALWAYS posting the news a way earlier than official websites.
Well that's true, but alot of news don't come to fruition, it's just hype. But all one can do is see how this project comes along if it at all.

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 03:13:51 PM »
^ lmao

(damon..)

u just gotta take everything with a pinch of salt.. its the nature of this thing :)

dedi's done what he can to verify it.. if it falls though "jay-z was once in talks with aftermath" might be a better headline :)

maybe he got a offer he couldnt refuse...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 03:14:52 PM by Overseer »

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 03:16:02 PM »
Let's see how fast Adidas' thread gets removed since individuals are talking about ruining thread. I guess one took a break from designing all those free websites to jump on my nuts, again.  

Cheers  8)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 03:18:34 PM »
REAL Fansites ALWAYS posting the news a way earlier than official websites.
Well that's true, but alot of news don't come to fruition, it's just hype. But all one can do is see how this project comes along if it at all.

yes man. The projects is coming real soon ... believe me or not.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 03:25:57 PM »
No disrespect to Damon X, thats my boy and all. He should stick to flashing his penis on BlackPlanet.

Well you are definitly not my boy and maybe you should stick to continuing on your "revenge campaign." What website is my alleged dick and picture on now? Make sure where ever you make one be sure to put all the record record release info on there and promote my records as well. And stop crying about somebody talking shit about you, you and many others know you don't get paid and you don't represent no record companies young roccs ;D

And yea Seer that may be the best idea, because if it doesn't pan out folks won't take any real authentic news seriously. But keep doing your thing Dedicato, the site is good and better than most out there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 03:28:12 PM by GODBODY »

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 04:22:45 PM »

But keep doing your thing Dedicato, the site is good and better than most out there.

like I always said:

Aftermathmusic.com is your premier source of Aftermath and Shady Records. The Site is trying to make the fan-artist relationship even more intimate and create a more involved and personal experience.

Peace. Thx for your comments! Later.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 04:23:07 PM by Dedicato »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 05:50:22 PM »
sounds good, but how the hell you gonna drop rakim and scratch your album and then sign jay-z ???
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

mr5502

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 05:55:53 PM »
Jay Z is a bigger name than both Dre and Rakim.

Jay Z is Hip Hop.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2004, 06:26:35 PM »
Jay Z is a bigger name than both Dre and Rakim.

Jay Z is Hip Hop.

:'(

How did it come 2 this?
Hatesrats 2oooIV