7 (30.4%)
Italy
4 (17.4%)
Czech Republic
0 (0%)
Spain
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Euro 2004 : European Football Championship  (Read 1340 times)

Don Seer

Re:Euro 2004 : European Football Championship
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2004, 04:18:29 AM »
just as an aside for ya'll.. i was told something about the qualifying which is straight up wrong.
i was told that only group winners go through to the next stage, and that the runners up do play offs amongst themselves.

had this been the case this would have meant either england or france will effectively be out after the first round.

but its not the case, the group runner up plays the winner of the adjacent group in the 1/4s.. as before in these (and most) competitions

so if the top two in our group are france and england (whichever way around) they cant meet again in the semi's

you can see that better here >> http://www.euro2004.com/tournament/index.html

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:20:11 AM by Overseer »

I-Yoof

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2004, 08:45:51 AM »
We'll play France in the final after beating Greece and Holland in the QF and SF. France will play Czech republic in the semis.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2004, 12:30:55 PM »
just as an aside for ya'll.. i was told something about the qualifying which is straight up wrong.
i was told that only group winners go through to the next stage, and that the runners up do play offs amongst themselves.

had this been the case this would have meant either england or france will effectively be out after the first round.

but its not the case, the group runner up plays the winner of the adjacent group in the 1/4s.. as before in these (and most) competitions

so if the top two in our group are france and england (whichever way around) they cant meet again in the semi's

you can see that better here >> http://www.euro2004.com/tournament/index.html

Yo Seer, whoever you heard that from was talking about the qualifying groups for the tournament itself, whereby the teams that finished second (such as Turkey in our qualifying group), had to go through the playoffs to actually qualify for the tournament. Once at the tournament this doesn't apply for the group stage.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2004, 04:06:07 PM »
chec republik will cause some upsets in my opinion......lol@judging by freindlys........no one knows whos gonna win the tournament......i wouldnt be suprised if germany got far.......or if they didnt

Smoke

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2004, 04:54:52 PM »
Italy.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2004, 04:32:27 AM »
Armenia's gonna win, i'm sure of it
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

I-Yoof

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2004, 08:02:49 AM »
Germany won't win fuck all.

bez

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2004, 09:02:01 AM »
Germany won't win fuck all.

We'll see won't we.  

Lyrical G, I think the chec's might do well aswell, I looked at their results for the qualifiers and they won like every game.  They may suprise.

I-Yoof

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2004, 09:09:55 AM »
The Czechs aren't a suprise you jumped up little urchin, everyone with half a brain can see they will perform well.

bez

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2004, 10:04:20 AM »
The Czechs aren't a suprise you jumped up little urchin, everyone with half a brain can see they will perform well.

hmmm, behind, England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland, they will always be considered underdogs.

Smoke

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 10:16:04 AM »

hmmm, behind, England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland, they will always be considered underdogs.
Mmmm.. maybe! Here in Italy, behind them, it's England, Germany, Spain and Holland who are considered underdogs. Here we only consider France and Portugal for the title, and Czechs as the worse team to face before the final.

bez

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 10:32:47 AM »
To write off any team is dumb.  There is only 5 games to play and then the final.  Any team could get there.

Smoke

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2004, 11:30:46 AM »
Yeah, but there are overrated teams who never arrived there.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2004, 03:50:57 PM »
eng ger land

doubt it seer. but a final germany - england would ne nice too.... haha!

5 -1  *cough* 5 - 1

aww ... come on.. how long you gonna be confident because of this? fuck it, the game wasnt even important.. in big games we always owned you.. except one time - and this was unjustified.. a fuckin fraud.

to me, Germany can win.. they sucked so damn hard lately, but  - I dont know what it is - it's been like that like almost ever since 1990, and they still owned... tournament team.

France has the best team.

Fuckin Fraud ?
How U work that out ? Even if U dont count that Goal we still would of Won.

Fuck off and go and cut ya Mullit

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2004, 04:17:14 PM »

yep, they considered the big name teams in the tournament along with portugal who at home to