Author Topic: Shaq to Miami for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, & A First Round Pick...  (Read 1732 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The trade is going down...Shaq is going to the Miami Heat...Lakers are getting Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, & a first round pick for him...That's not bad, not bad at all...Lakers also signed Rudy Tomjanavich Friday...Now imagine if Kobe stays on the Lakers.

Gary Payton PG
Kobe Bryant SG
Lamar Odom SF
Caron Butler PF
Brian Grant C

Coach: Rudy Tomjanavich

That team can definitely do some damage...Now we just have to pray that Kobe stays, and all will be good...PeACe

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so is this official?i thoguht payton will retire?

btw who is the choach of miami?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Payton signed a long time ago...The coach of Miami is Stan Van Gundy...Same coach as last year.

Montana00

first of all miami got ripped off. If you really think about current, and long term effects.......
As for the lakers, if kobe stays they will be a pretty good team, but there not going to be true "laker winners". UNLESS. they do some more trading and hiring. because miami players cannot hold the lakers team up, there going to need some more people.

all in all i think lakers got a WAY better part of the trade.

pappy

i really dont see why miami would do this trade.  they got a core of good young players.  Your goin trade that away for a 2-3 years left of a good shaq.  an even with shaq they still wont go to the finals.  i dont see why miami would make this trade.

Suga Foot

Everyone retires in Florida lol

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
^lol, yea miami got fucked on this trade

Montana00

i dont see why ANY team for that matter would trade 3 good players for shaq, sure hes good, but will he get your team to the finals? no, unless hes got kobe with him.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
both teams got fucked.  Lakers didnt even get one all star type player.

If Lakers couldnt win a championship with Payton, Malone, KObe and Shaq....why will the Heat win one with Wade and Shaq? lol

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you also have to take into consideration the lakers had malone at the end of his road...he's wasn't the same guy that led the jazz to the finals back in the 90's...also i don't know why payton matters anymore, detroit was proof that he doesn't have a step anymore, kind of reminded me of reggie miller...they are character players now, you can't expect them to lead a team offensivly and defensivly anymore, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Montana00

No i think lakers got a good deal. Those 3 guys are very very young just like kobe. (if he stays)

The lakers are thinking long term and not just "we need to win this year" because if they were, they'd get stockton and michael jordan (sarcasm). but you get what im saying

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, this is good news for LA.  Shaq only has a couple more years left, and the Lakers now have a young base of great players (Bryant, Odom, Rush.)  It was a great move for them, and I think they will tear shit up next year.  Its sad to see Shaq go though :-\

Smoke

Some considerations. First of all Payton chosed to stay another year in L.A.! Personally i think he's still a very good PG. He just didnt fit in the triangle, cause he got a completely different style. He loves to run, and to make the team run. When he had a chance to do it, with the Lakers, the Lakers destroyed everything and everyone, in the regular season. They destroyed San Antonio too, running and defending. Make a team who can run, made by youngs great athlets, and i personally think Payton will still make a difference, cause nobody is better than him making a team run run run. Consider this thing, and add Caron Butler and Lamar Odom in your team. Those 2 young cats CAN run, badly. They love to run, and to make quick breaks. Add Kobe, maybe the best one in the league in those situations, and you'll have a team who can run and outrun almost everybody in the West (expecially with Odom as n.4 and Butler as n.3, togeter in the court). George is good too, in those situations. And Walton is perfect, cause he can run and he can pass so damn well. Add a good C like Brian Grant in the package, and a first round draft pick, and it's a pretty good deal for L.A.

Kobe is 25, George is 26, Medvedenko is 24, Rush is 23, Butler is 24, Walton is 24, Odom is 25, Cook is 24. Youngs. Interesting. Athlets.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I like odom and caron.

Grant sucks.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Odum is Injury/Weed Prone
B. Grant has to play against the powerful West Forwards/Centers
Butler, im glad we got him.

Lakers just jumped the gun because they were afraid of losing Kobe,  you know they could have waited for a better deal.  Again both teams got fucked. 

Regardless, I hope Kobe carries this team to the playoffs =)