Author Topic: Shaq to Miami for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, & A First Round Pick...  (Read 1735 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Some considerations. First of all Payton chosed to stay another year in L.A.! Personally i think he's still a very good PG. He just didnt fit in the triangle, cause he got a completely different style. He loves to run, and to make the team run. When he had a chance to do it, with the Lakers, the Lakers destroyed everything and everyone, in the regular season. They destroyed San Antonio too, running and defending. Make a team who can run, made by youngs great athlets, and i personally think Payton will still make a difference, cause nobody is better than him making a team run run run. Consider this thing, and add Caron Butler and Lamar Odom in your team. Those 2 young cats CAN run, badly. They love to run, and to make quick breaks. Add Kobe, maybe the best one in the league in those situations, and you'll have a team who can run and outrun almost everybody in the West (expecially with Odom as n.4 and Butler as n.3, togeter in the court). George is good too, in those situations. And Walton is perfect, cause he can run and he can pass so damn well. Add a good C like Brian Grant in the package, and a first round draft pick, and it's a pretty good deal for L.A.

Kobe is 25, George is 26, Medvedenko is 24, Rush is 23, Butler is 24, Walton is 24, Odom is 25, Cook is 24. Youngs. Interesting. Athlets.

Nice sig...you forgot 2 players though

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I like odom and caron.

Grant sucks.

Hes solid...he plays with heart and determination night it and night out. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Odum is Injury/Weed Prone
B. Grant has to play against the powerful West Forwards/Centers
Butler, im glad we got him.

Lakers just jumped the gun because they were afraid of losing Kobe,  you know they could have waited for a better deal.  Again both teams got fucked. 

Regardless, I hope Kobe carries this team to the playoffs =)

Come on man...You're telling me it's not obvious to you that this team will make the playoffs? Shaq is old, fat, and injury prone...You guys will all see.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shaq's playing at least 70 games this upcoming season and he will have an MVP type season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Shaq's playing at least 70 games this upcoming season and he will have an MVP type season.

MVP type? Naaah. I give him no more than 65 games, averaging no more than 25 points a game...I admit, him and Wayde can make a deadly combo...But He doesn't have long...PeACe

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Grant is pretty damn good, but he's getting older, so he's obviously not as great as he was before.  I think he's a good player, but he's a little weak as starting center.  Now the Lakers offense ain't gonna be centered around the center tho, so it'll be fine. This'll give cats like Kobe and Odom the chance to shine in offense.

Doggystylin

all i can say is what a ugly ass trade, shaq will look horrible in miami and none of those players will look good in laker jerseys, they dont fit in LA, lets trade em

eS El Duque

it's not official yet sooo...anything could happen... kobe could ask shaq to stay

Shaq/wayde will be good...because THEY'RE IN THE EAST! they'll make playoffs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well, it's not official only because they can't officially make the trade until this Tuesday...But everything has already been discussed, and settled.

eS El Duque

Well, it's not official only because they can't officially make the trade until this Tuesday...But everything has already been discussed, and settled.

well, i got a question for you..and other lakers fan....arn't you a little pissed off (or sad  :-\) that shaq is going? i mean he was one of the BIG reasons you guys won 3 straight. I know i'd  be pissed

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The Lakers are going with youth. This reminds me of 1995, when the Lakers had a very young core of players, and the next year they added Shaq into the mix who himself was young. Let these young guys grow, mature as basketball players, and hopefully Kobe will resign to start the rebuilding, and it's all good. Odam is not even 25, he has lots of great years ahead, and we'll see how things turn out. Grant is getting up in age, but so was Shaq, in the west it'll be hard not to win without Shaq, but he only has a couple more years, this is good. Instead of beating a dying horse, get some young ones ready for the long haul in the Kobe era, and build the team to fit Kobe, get some runners, all we need is a young quick point guard like a Wade (man we should really hold out for him) and we'd be set. Hell, lets trade Payton for Nelson in Orlando... lol... 'cause rumor is if Shaq leaves, so does Payton. We'll see.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^^What rumor? Payton already re-signed with the Lakers...

ll, i got a question for you..and other lakers fan....arn't you a little pissed off (or sad  ) that shaq is going? i mean he was one of the BIG reasons you guys won 3 straight. I know i'd  be pissed

Of course I'm pissed off and sad, but what can we do? Shaq is getting older, and more selfish than ever...It is what it is.

Smoke

Anyway if Malone resigns, we will have him as PF and Grant in the C spot. Two guys who can defend and rebounds. And we will have Walton and Medvedenko, two subs who can score. Not that bad, if you consider we traded the most dominant C ever.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
it's really sad that the lakers are getting rid of shaq, for me personally this SUCKS and SWALLOWS! Shaq's my all time favorite player , like i said when he came to us i was in 7th heaven! no he's back in florida  :'( but oh well out of all the trades that were most likely to go down i'm glad we got it done with miami....for those of you who say we didn't get one all star type player.....WTF ODOM!!! LAMAR FUCKIN" ODOM! he's definately capabale of being an all star, i mean shit if chancey can get finals MVP lamar can get on the all star team.  also this works out well in the middle, let's face it....no one will ever compare to shaq....no one has no one ever will. it's clear the lakers are building around kobe which is bueatiful, he just needs big guys who can pass shoot, rebound and can score if he can't deliver which caron and grant can easily handle....it's what they WANT TO DO.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Smoke

Exactly. Lakers didnt need "another" Shaq. I mean another dominant player in the C. They needed good defenders and rebounders. If they resign Malone, they are a good playoffs team built around the best player in the league.