Author Topic: Will Farrell = overatted  (Read 521 times)

pappy

Will Farrell = overatted
« on: July 13, 2004, 09:59:53 AM »
i dont kno how some people can call him the funniest SNL cast member of all time.  Dont get me wrong he's a funny guy,  but not legendary funny.  I think there are a lot of people funnier than he is.  He jus tries to hard to be funny,  it should just come natural.  anyone else agree with me.

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will Farrell = overatted
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 10:14:08 AM »
i think hes very over-rated

i dont really he like him much  >:(

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 11:37:52 AM »
Will Ferrell is funny as hell...but no, I don't agree with him being labeled one of the greatest of all time on SNL.

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 12:07:23 PM »
anyone see anchorman?

i rest my case

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 12:21:43 PM »
He's pretty funny...Not a legen or anything, but he's funny...

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 12:33:29 PM »
Hes no legend yet, although Night at the Roxbury is one of the funniest movies ever. I think he's really funny. Good at improv and Anchorman was hilarious.  He's definitley one of the funniest comedic actors around today. peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 01:38:06 PM »
definitely a comedic legend definitely not GOAT of SNL hes funny as fuck 8)  his career has jus started, give im time

-KIDRENEGADE-

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 03:45:27 PM »
funny as shit, but overated as fuck, he aint THAT funny,

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 04:59:24 PM »
I think he's hilarious.  He got funnier once he left SNL.

Rain

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 05:49:46 PM »
he is one of the funniest dudes in hollywood today - and probably the funniest guy to come out of SNL for a long while but defiantly not the best.

and i reckon he is naturally funny - people laugh just from seeing him
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 06:05:29 PM »
He is mad overrated. And for him to be one of the funniest guys to come outta SNL isn't saying much since SNL can hardly put on a good show anymore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 07:18:11 PM »
He is mad overrated. And for him to be one of the funniest guys to come outta SNL isn't saying much since SNL can hardly put on a good show anymore.

do you know how many funny people have come out of SNL? there are tons of hilarious people who came out of SNL. just cause the last bunch of seasons have sucked doesnt mean anything. i think will ferrell is hilarious and is just starting his career. just cause its really annoying that everyone uses his quotes and ruins them doesnt make him overrated or unfunny. peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 07:31:24 PM »

do you know how many funny people have come out of SNL? there are tons of hilarious people who came out of SNL. just cause the last bunch of seasons have sucked doesnt mean anything. i think will ferrell is hilarious and is just starting his career. just cause its really annoying that everyone uses his quotes and ruins them doesnt make him overrated or unfunny. peace

Of course I know. People like Chris Rock, Chris Farley, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, etc. etc. etc. I know there's more, but those are the ones off the top of my dome. My point is that all of those cats blew up years ago. The only other guy that was on SNL that was nearly decent was Tracy Morgan, but he's only funny when playing an ignorant black guy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 08:05:06 PM »
he was funnier in his SNL days...now when he makes appearances on TV he says some very weird shit but says it with such a seriousness that people interviewing him think hes serious...and that right there is funny.  He was also hilarious in Old School.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 08:07:59 PM »
I don't rate comedian really.  I just laugh at his cahracterizations and jokes.