Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16566 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2004, 01:15:42 PM »
Conor, it was taken off the Dynasty site because of legal reasons with the producer, nothing to do with Mr Knight. Leave Us Alone is a brand new song, I don't know the business issue's with the guy who produced it. But thats why it was pulled. I don't post on the Dynasty board cause a few of them need to learn some respect. Yeah, Crooked is going to do another mixtape before his Mama's Boy album, maybe another couple mixtapes. He's also going to be working with the Sucka Free camp on some business before his album drops too, they know how to push artists down there. I just spoke to someone and Crook Show will 100% leak on the net, eventually.

MOB, I have the majority of Danny Boy's new album and its off the hook. The only thing that needs to happen now is getting the guest appearences sorted. He's got a lot of music recorded and is still working now. When Suge gets settled you know that DB will be pushed. But for now, he's only doing Gospel music. You may find the 1st release from Platinum Pearl (in the wait for the debut Danny Boy album) is a Gospel Compilation featuring a close friend of DB & Suge, a former Death Row Records inmate that also followed the path of God. The only other album I know is good is what DB told me about the NINA project, being the bext album hes heard in years. I know they have Kurupt's album going on, thats all I think. I know they havent started working on the Death Row Compilation for Families of Soldiers at War.

Rudki, thanks for the props. I really don't know whether Tray Deee did an album on Death Row. I don't think he did, just a selection of tracks with Snoop and Daz. When he gets released from Jail i'll have regular contact with him and will ask.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
Conor, it was taken off the Dynasty site because of legal reasons with the producer, nothing to do with Mr Knight. Leave Us Alone is a brand new song, I don't know the business issue's with the guy who produced it. But thats why it was pulled. I don't post on the Dynasty board cause a few of them need to learn some respect. Yeah, Crooked is going to do another mixtape before his Mama's Boy album, maybe another couple mixtapes. He's also going to be working with the Sucka Free camp on some business before his album drops too, they know how to push artists down there. I just spoke to someone and Crook Show will 100% leak on the net, eventually.

MOB, I have the majority of Danny Boy's new album and its off the hook. The only thing that needs to happen now is getting the guest appearences sorted. He's got a lot of music recorded and is still working now. When Suge gets settled you know that DB will be pushed. But for now, he's only doing Gospel music. You may find the 1st release from Platinum Pearl (in the wait for the debut Danny Boy album) is a Gospel Compilation featuring a close friend of DB & Suge, a former Death Row Records inmate that also followed the path of God. The only other album I know is good is what DB told me about the NINA project, being the bext album hes heard in years. I know they have Kurupt's album going on, thats all I think. I know they havent started working on the Death Row Compilation for Families of Soldiers at War.

Rudki, thanks for the props. I really don't know whether Tray Deee did an album on Death Row. I don't think he did, just a selection of tracks with Snoop and Daz. When he gets released from Jail i'll have regular contact with him and will ask.

props for the info, but one thing Nino, and i have heard other people say this-that suge isnt settled and his business is fucked up?I dont get it, what is stopping him from releasing albums?Koch pumps em out by the dozens, is 2pac live a death row release?On the koch website it says Koch records.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2004, 01:48:12 PM »
You want my honest scoop on the situation?

Suge could put out Kurupt right now, like he could have dropped Crooked I last year. But lets say those albums come out, then whats next? they have no CAMP. All labels / groups I feel are at theyre strongest when they are a team. Death Row Records lost its family when Snoop left, they lost the "team" of Tupac & The Outlawz, Snoop Dogg & Tha Dogg Pound, Dr Dre & Snoop etc. Since then they have had only a select few class acts, forming a small team, being Crooked I & Above The Law and now Kurupt. So if Kurupt is released next week, what is there to follow? Let me put it like this also:

Back in 92, Dr Dre released The Chronic, the biggest album in history, that introduced new artist Snoop Doggy Dogg & Tha Dogg Pound. Which led onto the "Doggystyle" album, which then led onto the "Dogg Food" album. That was the TEAM. During that time in 95 Dre was falling out with the camp, so Suge reached out and braught TUPAC to the label, with his group the Outlawz which formed an illiance with Danny Boy, DJ Quik etc. If all went to plan.... Tupac albums would have led onto Danny Boy albums, would have led onto OUTLAWZ albums. Again, there was a camp that was SELLING MILLIONS.

Quik did it with 2nd 11 NONE, AMG etc in 98. Now comes, G-Unit one of the strongest CAMPS & CLIQUES there has been since 96, they came out with 50 Cent, he blew (and still blows ;D) which has led onto Lloyd Banks, now Young Buck, then GAME, then back to 50. Eminem did it with himself/8 Mile/D12/Obie. Success. . .

You need a camp & Clique to move this rap business. Right now Death Row Records has Kurupt, 1 mainstream artist that is literally, Going against the grain, in the fact that hes got no support from his origonal family, mentors, Snoop, Daz etc.

The bottom line: Suge will re-build his family before releasing anything, so he has the confidence to FOLLOW UP RELEASES, if they flop or form a success, he will make sure he has all corners covered. They had a family with Crooked, Vegas, Eastwood & Kurupt etc when the Dysfunktional Family came out, it flopped. So Suge is re-shaping again. Those haters need to give the man time. I think also he is waiting for G Unit/50 Cent mania to cool off, because unless your affiliated with them, or the ROC, right now you wont sell shit.

Tupac Live CD, Kurupt album, Tupac Live DVD, Danny Boy album are Death Row projects.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 01:50:14 PM by Que »

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2004, 02:14:21 PM »
thanks again for all the info que
about the guest,the first one who came to my mind was Kokane,but I didn't know he was signed and was friend with db and suge(or maybe I'm wrong)
and do u know who suge wants to include in his new team?
danny boy and kurupt of course,eastwood and...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2004, 02:16:30 PM »
i dont even know who crooked i is... :)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2004, 03:14:02 PM »
Str8westcoast, I never heard the rumor of Xzibit joining Tha Row. But I don't know, im sure its just an internet rumor because Suge didnt have great words to say about him a year or 2 ago. I know Juvenile was close to signing back in 2003.

What's up MOB? I don't know who he's going to sign or affiliate with this time around, I know he's been quiet as of late. So the big man has something up his sleeve! As far as Danny Boy, he will always be Death Row or with Death Row, he still has not signed back with them, but his relationship with Suge is so strong, he's out in LA and has a family back in Chicago, he's got children and everything. Kurupt has always shown respect for Suge, even when the Dogg Pound were dissing Death Row, hes part of the future of the label for sure. Eastwood is part of the family too, Eastwood was actually found by Snoop back in 98.

But they cant compete with Aftermath, Shady, G Unit, Rocafella with the way the label is right now. Its common sence. Suge is a perfectionaist, he wont come out unless he is the top dog. Those Death Row haters need to sit back and remember Mr Knight had his empire flattened by Tupac dying and Snoop bouncing. He's going to have to go to plan B now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 03:20:18 PM by Que »

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2004, 03:27:38 PM »
Yeah, Crooked is going to do another mixtape before his Mama's Boy album, maybe another couple mixtapes.

I'm happy to hear that-I was pretty happy with Young Boss-still listen to that a lot

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2004, 03:32:51 PM »
^^ Thats tiiight man. I cant wait till all this happens and Tha Row is ready to start pushing their product out. You given me new found hope in death row and its artists. I wonder what plan b is?  ::) 8)

PS: really interesting to know that snoop founded eastwood...

good shit que!

mauzip

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2004, 03:35:07 PM »
Que, why does Crooked I go by the name of Crooked I and not by the name of Crooked Me? ??? ???

:laugh:

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2004, 03:44:55 PM »
^^ Thats tiiight man. I cant wait till all this happens and Tha Row is ready to start pushing their product out. You given me new found hope in death row and its artists. I wonder what plan b is?  ::) 8)

PS: really interesting to know that snoop founded eastwood...

good shit que!

yeah really interesting
a few weeks ago I saw a album called tribute to snoop or something like that and I looked at the back and there was a song with snoop and eastwood
never heard it though cause I didn't cop the album(or maybe it was a bootleg)
I just hope we'll hear some new material from death row while we wait for the official releases

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2004, 03:51:12 PM »
What's up MOB & Kelly!! I could hit you on MSN but I thought I would reply here:

Eastwood, came out with Dunn Deal Record's when he started, he was "Young Eastwood", they were affiliated with Snoop Dogg and used to record at Raleigh Studios. Snoop and Dunn Deal's CEO 'Magic' used to roll together doing charities, giveaways for kids and stuff in South Central. This was back in 98.

In fact do you remember the movie soundtrack to "Xchange"? back in 1998 maybe 99? Not many people knew about this release but it featured, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Eastwood, Gotti Gotti, Sanyika Shakur, South Central Cartel and other westcoasters. The Gail Gotti track was with Noble and E.D.I. of tha Outlawz and was recorded the SAME DAY Tupac died!

Holla.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 03:53:29 PM by Que »

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2004, 03:57:30 PM »
^^ crazy! man, i aint never heard of that soundtrack, ill keep my eyes open for it...all i can say is: wow!  :) its too bad eastwood n snoop have "beef" now, eh? lol was the soundtrack bumpin or what??

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2004, 03:58:10 PM »
Let me guess...you own a copy of the soundtrack  ;D
It must be very rare

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2004, 03:59:04 PM »
Man I don't even have that CD anymore but yeah it was good. SOMEWHERE I have the photo's of Snoop Dogg going one-on-one with Eastwood at Locke High School in LA at a chairty basketball game in 98. If I dig them up I'll post them here.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2004, 04:09:05 PM »
Have a look for it, XCHANGE the movie was dedicated to Tupac Shakur, the lead character was a big Tupac fan and the Soundtrack was released on Dunn Deal Records (as I said, Eastwoods first label). I know who has the CD, so when I see him again i'll get it and post some songs here or something, the tracks I remember are:

"Keep My Head To The Sky" by Gotti Gotti feat. Noble & EDI of Tha Outlawz
"Story To Tell" by Kurupt and Snoop
"Articulate Thug" by Ras Kass & Eastwood
"High Times" Eastwood

and there was another solo Gail Gotti track and Daz was on it too.