Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16605 times)

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2004, 11:21:33 AM »
whats so great about this tread?? 

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2004, 12:48:17 PM »
lol people just love death row...

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2004, 02:13:25 PM »
hey que what is your favorite db album since you got all of them?
also I read a few months ago db had been working with big r&b artists,could u tell us a lil more or maybe db wants to keep it secret
and do u have any words on the first platinum pearl release?I know u said the compilation was pushed back but I was thinking about the mob stars

and last question:you said you spoke to someone at death row recently and u might give us some good news
could u give us hints?  ;)

Whats up MOB. . .

I couldnt choose Homie. Danny Boy 1996 Debut album is outstanding, plus the fact that DJ Quik produced/mixed 50% of the album (Quik is my joint favorite HipHop producer with DJ Slip of all time) and Death Row was still at its finest hour, has to be the best of DB's work. Plus you had production from Daz, Devante Swing of Jodeci, Kevyn Lewis, Keith Andes and more. Guest appearences from Tupac, Jodeci, Daz & Kurupt, Gina Longo (the white female former Death Row artist). He had that sunglasses trademark, with the shades split into different colors back then and was really backed by Suge. But saying that! Suge is 100% behind DB now and has promised that WHEN the Danny Boy album drops, it will be a ground breaking R&B Death Row release. Suge just needs time to re-shape.

Equally though his material from 2000/present is as good, with a more mature vibe/lyricism. His best - ever - track in my opinion is the unreleased, "Impossible" which is one of the more recent ones, maybe 2/3 years old. That song when released will hit everyone, its my favorite R&B song ever made.

Expect DB to work with Babyface again, Babyface did 'Its Over Now' on the Gridloc'd soundtrack with DB. Apart from that I cant really speak on his projects cause they like to keep things on the DL, but the new platinumpearl.com site should open soon. "The Come Up" compilation looks like it wont happen anytime soon, if at all. MOB STARZ on the rap group that DB has signed and im pleasently waiting on news about Knight Time Entertainment, the R&B side of Suge Knight headed by Danny Boy. p.s. DB will be in stores again soon, but his debut solo doesnt look like its coming until next year.

Death Row news? it was about a possible release and signing, havent heard anymore info so I dont want to start any rumors.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2004, 03:41:57 PM »
great thread, its fun reading it, since im a big death row fan...
i even went to channel street back in 98 or so, when i was in the US, beeing 14 going from chinese to chinese just to buy a death row chain...
and finally got it - and i believe its bringing me luck...
i was there b/c of a student exchange programm, and we were in orlando, NY and chicago
and i even wanted to visit danny boy then, b/c i got his address from a US offical site, where he was announced being bankrupt, his full adress was there..
and i guess nobody cared about him then...

im saying this, b/c someone asked whats so great about this thread..
as you can see some ppl really love this record label - no matter what, b/c of the unbelievable great music DR brought to the light of day... and most of us hope that more of that shit will be released through that same label - old shit (being locked in the vaults) and HOPEFULLY new great shit, which would mean that one day, DR will become as strong as it was again - that would be tyte as hell...

Expect DB to work with Babyface again, Babyface did 'Its Over Now' on the Gridloc'd soundtrack with DB. Apart from that I cant really speak on his projects cause they like to keep things on the DL, but the new platinumpearl.com site should open soon. "The Come Up" compilation looks like it wont happen anytime soon, if at all. MOB STARZ on the rap group that DB has signed and im pleasently waiting on news about Knight Time Entertainment, the R&B side of Suge Knight headed by Danny Boy. p.s. DB will be in stores again soon, but his debut solo doesnt look like its coming until next year.-

ok, now my questions to que:
you said DB will be in stores again.. meaning any songs by danny boy or did i miss anything?
meaning on compilations and features or in how far?

second:
petey pablo? whos that?
i never heard anything about that guy, but 2nd ii none mention that name on a track with quik and suga free - not sure what track though
or is petey pablo just a famous (former) drug lord or whatever... and thats why theyre rapping about him? b/c lots of rappers choose their name b/c of famous gangster... or at least famous ppl... like the outlaws, kurupt: young gotti, nas: escobar etc...

is there chance that we'll be able to listen to danny boys first album sometime??
when he blows (hopefully, b/c he deserves it), will he/suge put out his older work?
when not, b/c of what reasons???

i mean, good music keeps good music...
and i dont care whats "in" or "out" right now
i mean, actually i dont want the neptunes to ruin one of his tracks... just an example

im saying this just in case youll answer: the music isnt up to date or something  ;D

great thread,
thx for all the infos que
you hopefully know that youre a damn lucky guy!! 8)

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2004, 03:51:08 PM »

^average long time fans of death row get to discuss a dynasty and learn shit about the label that we'd never know about otherwise... this is great stuff que, if i was still updating my death row site (http://ssodr.tk) i'd have lots of new info and lots to talk about... damn i can't believe how fast time flies, i remember watchin tha dogg pound performing live on some award show way back when i was like 6 or 7 n ima be 19 in 3 months... suge has so much classic material in the vaults, it's really a shame that'll never see the light of day... i know the younger cats growing up n just getting in2 rap/hiphop don't giva fuck but the die hard death row fans would kill to get there hands on some of the material locked up in the vaults... i really hate the way the rap game is going... it's all changed, i really can't feel much of anything that comes out anymore... it's all the same tired ass shit, the same lyrical content, guns, crack, cars etc.. it gets very boring and monotnous... i can only respect the underground cats comin up cuz the mainstream is fucked... right now i really ain't feelin much of shit... the new Outerspac - Blood and Ashes is ill, one of the hottest albums ive heard in a minute and Chief Kamachi - Cult Status is ill... as for the west coast, as i've gotten older im more about real mcs and actually giva fuck about the lyrical content cuz back in the day when i was young i liked simple ass shit over knockin g-funk beats but now im more about the content, wordplay, metaphors, punchlines etc... althou my first love in rap music will always be the classic g-funk shit primarily released on Death Row circa 92-97... i don't wanna get off topic but this is a great thread and i want to thank every1 that's contributing to it... I always love remenicisng about the past and learning new facts about my favorite label... Death Row just has to re-establish itself, alot has changed since they were ontop... the game is all fucked up... nothing gets me hyped more than classic g-funk death row bangers... the beats were so funky it was ridiculis...

quick question que... im not sure if u could answer this but what the fuck happpened to Kurt 'Kobane' Couthan? (think that's how u spell it). I thought he was one of the best producers Death Row had back in 99...

~1~
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 03:56:50 PM by An-Tony-O Montana »

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

Don Seer

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2004, 04:00:10 PM »

and one other thing is.. for -new- fans.. its great for them to hear this stuff :)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2004, 05:48:47 PM »
An-Tony-O Montana, I was supposed to work on a website with mr Kurt 'Kobane' Couthon a year or 2 ago, I just called him but his phone is off, he's back in Chicago and has his own production company with veteran rick clifford. He produced some recent stuff for Juvenile. Did you know, the song "M.O.B." on Tupac's 'Until the End of Time' album was originally produced by Kurt Kobane, they recorded it together in 1995.

DPG4Life, that was interersting what you said about Danny's address, you're correct, not many people know how he got off Death Row. In August 2000 he filed a bankrupcy to dissafirm his contract with Death Row Records and dissafirm the creditors that he owed, it went through by Oct 11th, then he was a free agent until Mr Knight braught him back to Death Row a year or so ago. No matter what DB will always be Death Row, its where his heart is.

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

KILLAZILLA

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2004, 06:20:43 PM »
you shold try and hook up an interview with him since so many people don't really know a lot about him

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2004, 06:22:02 PM »
Update that:

I just this second spoke to Kobane, he's still producing and about to work with Fat Joe......

KILLAZILLA, To my knowledge nobody knows what he ever looked like either, so I just asked him to email me some pictures, here they are never seen before photos of Kurt Kobane:

KILLAZILLA

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »
thanks for the hook up.  I always wondered what he looked like. I would love to hear more stuff from him along with sam sneed.  Do you know anything about what sam sneed is up too.  It would tight to hear sam sneed and crooked i do some stuff together.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2004, 06:41:46 PM »
ok, now my questions to que:
you said DB will be in stores again.. meaning any songs by danny boy or did i miss anything?
meaning on compilations and features or in how far?

second:
petey pablo? whos that?

is there chance that we'll be able to listen to danny boys first album sometime??
when he blows (hopefully, b/c he deserves it), will he/suge put out his older work?
when not, b/c of what reasons???

i mean, good music keeps good music...
and i dont care whats "in" or "out" right now
i mean, actually i dont want the neptunes to ruin one of his tracks... just an example

im saying this just in case youll answer: the music isnt up to date or something  ;D

great thread,
thx for all the infos que
you hopefully know that youre a damn lucky guy!! 8)

Whats up DPG4Life. The only problem were faced with the 96 album material is that Danny Boy recorded that nearly 10 years ago and hes changed a lot, I guess you can say hes matured. He doesnt sing about the same stuff he sang when he was a teenager. Do you remember the song "Rock N Roll" that he sang live at the House of Blues show with Tupac? that song is a classic but he said he wont ever release it because of the songs lyrical content. But saying that they do have some material that is still fresh, not dated and could be used. He's got a song with Mary J Blige that he plans to put out. I'll get back to you about when and where DB will be in stores next, but hopefully its going to be soon ;).

Petey pablo is a new Hip Hop artist, he had that song Freak A Leek or something recently.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2004, 06:49:25 PM »
thanks for the hook up.  I always wondered what he looked like. I would love to hear more stuff from him along with sam sneed.  Do you know anything about what sam sneed is up too.  It would tight to hear sam sneed and crooked i do some stuff together.

Your welcome. Sam Sneed has his own production company, "Street Scholars Entertainment", he did a song with JT Money back along I know that. I dont know what projects hes working on though. I'll ask someone who may know.

Its 3AM here, i'll hit you back tommorow :)

KILLAZILLA

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2004, 06:57:20 PM »
thanks again for the info. i just checked and remembered that sam sneed produced the song i smell pussy on the g-unit album but besides that i haven't heard anything else from him besides those 2 songs that leaked out last year.  one was called golden child but i cant remember the other

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2004, 02:38:22 AM »
ok, thx 4 the info
so it was 2000... hmm - was 16 then ;D

damn, how the time flies :o ;D

to An-Tony-O Montana:
great speech man! i almost feel the same way..
new shit that comes out: im not feeling it
and im sick of new cats coming out, making a pop album and then theyre said to be gangsta-rap or anything... like the "new" snoop or 50cent...

its time for some real MCs to become popular...
DR still needs time,
maybe mr.quik will have some mainstream-success ?!? i dont know exactly what albums hes working on from his own camp...

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2004, 02:48:50 AM »
This is true.  Black Market WASN'T a possible name for Deathrow.  It was the original name for Aftermath.

Dont think anyone was saying it was homie...

In a way you are right Damon, as far as hear one Pac song here them all, but still, it would be awesome to have them released one day.