Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16607 times)

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2004, 04:26:24 AM »
yap, but only his solo career

so i was thinking about his production on albums of his own camp: hi-c, suga free, 2nd II none etc.
he hopefully continues recruiting new artists and producing their albums,
and maybe one day he recruits someone who gets a lot of attention and publicity

if thatll be the case, i wouldnt only see the artist as a genuius,
i would know who produced the beats and gave tips etc..

thats how i ment it

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2004, 08:19:22 AM »
thanks for answering que!

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2004, 10:09:18 AM »
Quik aint retired. . .

I think he's laying low, like the whole westcoast! Everyone out west is afraid to drop right now because we all know westcoast hiphop isnt the force it once was, this is why Suge hasnt put anything out, IV Life Records, Crooked I, DJ Quik etc. Back in 2000-2002 Snoop, Xzibit and Dre braught it back, but its gone quiet again. I think a lot was waiting on Westside Connection to spark the next westcoast movement, but they didnt. Its all on. . . . Snoop, Dre and Game now.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2004, 10:24:41 AM »
with all respect... dre and especially snoop wont bring no westcoast back...

hes doing pop music right now, i dont think that anybody thinks on the west, that one can build on the basement he provides....
game: yea, he might move something, if he doesnt end up doing pop also, just like 50cent did...

i was listening to 50cent now for 3 years i think, maybe 4
and i didnt like him from the moment his first aftermath-album came out,
it was 80% pop-music, before he released it i considered him doing gangsta-rap, even as a east coast artist - he released some dope remixes...

and im very afraid with game happens the same
and it would be great if he has success with gangsta-rap, even on the mainstream
not trying to fit in the mainstream, instead fitting the mainstream to him - thats what he needs to do, if he want to move someting on or for the westcoast..

dre? he wont move anything as a solo artist, maybe he produces a tyte westcoast classic for the game - thats all he can do ::)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2004, 10:59:32 AM »
Cool, I think they had it from 92-96, then New York came back strong with DMX, Eve, Lox & The Ruff Ryders/Puff Daddy and his people. Then the west got it back when Snoop dropped Bitch Please and they had the Up In Smoke Tour which led to huge releases from Xzibit, Dr Dre, Snoop, Eastsidaz, DJ Quik (Eminem jumped on this success trail). Now G Unit, 50 Cent & Rocafella have had the whole industry locked since 2002.

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2004, 11:18:12 AM »
ras kass need to get his ass outta jail and work with quik or maybe even dre
he got enormous potential - but he s probably to sharp and political for the mainstream  :-[

maybe, DR would be the right camp for him, since DR doesnt really care what their artists are saying on the records
sometimes i got the feeling the more controversial the lyrics are the better it is.. dunno

Woodrow

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2004, 11:45:53 AM »
Petey pablo is a new Hip Hop artist, he had that song Freak A Leek or something recently.

Petey Pablo is pretty decent IMO.

He had that song "NORTH CAROLINA... COME ON AND RAISE UP" and had some nice timbaland production on his first album. I think it was out in 2000 or 2001 or around that time...

The new album was pretty good too, it's got some nice production and good raps. He's also got that track out with Ciera called "My goodies" or something like that. Check it out and get a feel for him.

It's gonna interesting to see how he fits in on death row.

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2004, 11:58:28 AM »
but has it yet been confirmed that he has signed? ???

bez

« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2004, 12:07:11 PM »
Thanks for all the info and shit in this thread fellas, especially Que.  Props man!

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2004, 02:40:07 PM »
Update that:

I just this second spoke to Kobane, he's still producing and about to work with Fat Joe......

KILLAZILLA, To my knowledge nobody knows what he ever looked like either, so I just asked him to email me some pictures, here they are never seen before photos of Kurt Kobane:

^thankx alot for the pics never knew what he looked like til now... i gotta try and find some new kurt kobane beats now...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2004, 11:21:45 AM »
Thats Ok. Thanks to you asking, were going to put a Kurt Kobane website up, hopefully this weekend.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2004, 11:10:37 AM »
Hey Que man you konw the way you were saying there was 19(I think or maybe it was 17..) songs on the Untouchable album you have,well how many of them were skits?Just wondering cause im not a huge fan of them and im hoping Crooked I isnt either..

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »
The album I have was what he was going to send for press in 2003. Its 20 tracks deep. You have an intro, a skit, track 19. Outro (followed by track 20, a bonus track). . .

17 solid, full tracks.

Did you see the Mama's Boy tattoo (picture) on www.westcoastdynasty.com. Im sure when his deal with Death Row Records is finally ended his album will be huge. Crooked is going to appear on some mixtapes soon, aswell as dropping another couple free mixtapes on his website and is working on a huge project, that is due this fall, before his solo in 2005, "Mama's Boy".

dizzy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
The album I have was what he was going to send for press in 2003. Its 20 tracks deep. You have an intro, a skit, track 19. Outro (followed by track 20, a bonus track). . .

17 solid, full tracks.

Did you see the Mama's Boy tattoo (picture) on www.westcoastdynasty.com. Im sure when his deal with Death Row Records is finally ended his album will be huge. Crooked is going to appear on some mixtapes soon, aswell as dropping another couple free mixtapes on his website and is working on a huge project, that is due this fall, before his solo in 2005, "Mama's Boy".

sounds tight.When can we expect the next mixtape?
Have you thought any more about posting the full song to G'd Up & Banged Out?
Thanks

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2004, 03:19:01 PM »
Yeah thats cool- was just hoping it didnt have about 6 skits or anything on it..skits get old pretty fast..are you talking about the dynasty records compilation? I hope that Horse Shoe Gang song Ride with me is on it-the snippet sounds dope