Author Topic: NFL 2K5  (Read 269 times)

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
NFL 2K5
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:28:29 AM »
Anyone got it yet?

I'm waiting for it to be realeased to download, was gonna buy it today considering it's fucking cheap but I took a taxi to work today, then bought an ounce of weed so I used up the last of last weeks pay check. Get paid tomorrow but I'm not gonna bus anywhere else but home so if they don't have it at zellers(canadian equivalent to k-mart)...which they won't. I think I'll buy it in the end however cause I want ESPN to oustell Madden this year. Then maybe ea might actually have to make some real updates to madden.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: NFL 2K5
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:05:23 AM »
I think NFL 2k Series will never shit on Madden. I played almost all of them and they were hella boring because it is so hard to move the ball.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 09:26:29 AM »
what are ya talking about it's easy! I download NCAA 2005 (By EA) and, even that was way to fucking easy to move the ball. I was playing against my bro and I'd be making all these insane long passes then TD's. Then I went back to the only sega 2k football I had which was 2k3 :D and I can say that game that is 2 years old or some shit beats NCAA 2005 gameplay wise....but I guess it depends what type of gameplay you like. EA's seems like you have less control over the game and your kinda just watching and playing a bit but 2k series it feels like your actually doing something other than watching, which I prefer. I used to be Madden all the way till I gave sega another shot. I tried 2k3 cause I was sick of shelling out $$ for the exact same football game from EA every year with just very minor changes. I still plan on downloading madden to see whats new cause I haven't played a madden game in about 2 years. I'm expecting it to be the same as NCAA as they've seemed to stop putting effort in to making their yearly sports games. Problem is the competition is finally catching uo and passing their asses in every department.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 10:09:52 AM »
NFL 2k5 got awesome reviews. they said that this game will definetly stack up to madden. Im thinking of getting it.

Honestly what does madden have that Espn football doesnt? o wow i can set ticket prices....now im the man.

espn sports games=more realism, and better graphics.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 01:44:10 PM »
Yea even if ur gonna get Madden u should still cop NFL2k5 its only like 20bones n is a dope game .

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

eS El Duque

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 01:51:09 PM »
what are ya talking about it's easy! I download NCAA 2005 (By EA) and, even that was way to fucking easy to move the ball. I was playing against my bro and I'd be making all these insane long passes then TD's. Then I went back to the only sega 2k football I had which was 2k3 :D and I can say that game that is 2 years old or some shit beats NCAA 2005 gameplay wise....but I guess it depends what type of gameplay you like. EA's seems like you have less control over the game and your kinda just watching and playing a bit but 2k series it feels like your actually doing something other than watching, which I prefer. I used to be Madden all the way till I gave sega another shot. I tried 2k3 cause I was sick of shelling out $$ for the exact same football game from EA every year with just very minor changes. I still plan on downloading madden to see whats new cause I haven't played a madden game in about 2 years. I'm expecting it to be the same as NCAA as they've seemed to stop putting effort in to making their yearly sports games. Problem is the competition is finally catching uo and passing their asses in every department.

Im a harcore fan of the 2k series 8)...i just say fuck madden lol...i still play dreamcast! LOL

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 04:57:07 PM »
I picked it up today but I haven't started playing it yet.  I've been too busy with Sudeki.  I'll let yall know how it is later if ya want.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Montana00

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 05:24:20 PM »
yea please do. for 20 bucks i might get this too.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 06:01:37 PM »
I'll make a correction. I have te One for dreamcast and that was one of the best football games I've played but I got. I got 2k3 for PS2 and I can't stand playing it.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 04:15:10 PM »
I think NFL 2k Series will never shit on Madden. I played almost all of them and they were hella boring because it is so hard to move the ball.
I prefer the NFL 2k series over Madden.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »
I wanted so much for this game to be better than Madden and in some ways it is.  There's just a couple of things keeping it from being better.  Number one... the animation and controls all feel stiff when compared to Madden.  Number two... the receivers drop the ball way too much.  I can understand if they drop it sometimes but you'll have a dropped ball at least once every possession.  Don't get me wrong, it's still a solid ass game and it's definitely worth the 20 dollar price tag.  It just isn't Madden.  I'm not even a Madden fan boy, I'm just being honest with ya.  The running game feels more realistic to me on this game and I like how the QB drops back and hops in the pocket to keep his rhythm.  The best thing about this game is the presentation... it actually feels like you're watching a game on ESPN.  Also if you get this on XBox, you can put your own songs during the TD celebrations and first downs.  That's a very nice touch if you ask me.  Overall it's a great game but if I had to choose just one football game this year, I'd have to go with Madden. 8.5/10

Two quick notes:  one, sorry for the poor organization of this post but I wrote it all in one draft with no editing... two, i haven't played madden 2005 so i compared the game to madden 2004.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Montana00

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 07:03:21 PM »
lol that dropping thing might stop me from buying it.

but espn sports games have awesome presentations

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »
lol that dropping thing might stop me from buying it.

but espn sports games have awesome presentations

Yea that dropping tha pass thing is what i didnt like bout 2k3 so i sold it to a friend

but yea espn games always have dope presentations

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 09:14:16 PM »
Its a great stratagey to sell this for 20 bucks, they're still makin a profit and now even people who are apprehensive about buying this are gonna pick it up.  Hell, I'll pick it up, I have 2k3.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 09:59:39 PM »
Its a great stratagey to sell this for 20 bucks, they're still makin a profit and now even people who are apprehensive about buying this are gonna pick it up.  Hell, I'll pick it up, I have 2k3.

yea and also releasing it 3 weeks before madden was a great idea.

Also NBA2k5 n NHL2k5 are both gonna b $19.99 too  8)