Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly targets another rapper  (Read 1217 times)

Smoke

Re: Bill O'Reilly targets another rapper
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2004, 08:35:55 AM »
I feel you. What i say is that maybe it's wrong. But it's nothing personal about Bush, you know what i mean? It's like that everywhere. Put Clinton or whoever instead of Bush and you have the same situation. They do the same things here in Italy. Everyday. It's something i think will never change. When you get the power, you dont want it to be damaged by someone. Other than that, and that's a personal opinion i have, i think Jadakiss did a stupid move. Cause he aint the same charisma and intelligence Pac (for example) had. Pac had the skills and the "power" to say "fuck Bush, fuck MTV, i'm going all out!". Cause he was intellingent, and political. Jadakiss no. Somebody probably wrote that line for him. Or he said it by himself, but i'm sure if i talk with him, he doesnt even know what the fuck he's talking about and he'll just say common stupid things with no evidences, no intelligence, no real arguments to discuss. If Pac said something like that, then ok, it was something interesting. Cause asked about it, Pac could have replied with some intelligent things (i aint saying "correct" things, just intelligent things. Just from another point of view, you know). Jadakiss really has nothing to more to add, imo. Just a line.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2004, 02:12:48 PM »
Jadakiss has already gather more media attention in the past few months than all of his career put together, and he just got a deal with Microsoft to start slanging X-Box's. I think it was a smart move by Jadakiss. After Michael Moore's film, it was a good way to ask why, but at the sametime not really accuse Bush of doing anything. It's like I can ask, Jake, why you masterbate? He can answer, I don't masterbate, and all will be good. Jadakiss can ask, why did Bush knock over the towers, and Bush can say, I didn't knock over the towers. Parents do it all the time, why you kick the dog, I didn't kick the dog, and that's that. And for a question, Jadakiss is getting more attention than his ever had, and his sales increase. Smart move.

And Jake, what I'm trying to say is, that it is wrong that Bill O'Reily is singling out Jadakiss by slandering him through the media. He is telling people to boycott the companies that support him. I don't care about the MTV edit, because they editted out when Kanye West says the White man get's paid off of all of that, which I thought shouldn't be, so obviously they're going to edit out Jada's line. What MTV does is their business. But what O'Reily says to damage another person is wrong. He could make a comment about it, he can talk about it, but to slander Jada's name the way he is, is just wrong.

Smoke

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2004, 04:13:42 PM »
And Jake, what I'm trying to say is, that it is wrong that Bill O'Reily is singling out Jadakiss by slandering him through the media.

I dont live in the States, i live in Italy. I dont even know this guy. BUT.. dont you think he was been paid to say/do them things? Isnt it a smart move for him and his career too to defend Bush? Yes, it is. Yes, he got paid. Yes, it's wrong. Yes, good morning.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2004, 05:47:09 PM »
Jadakiss has already gather more media attention in the past few months than all of his career put together, and he just got a deal with Microsoft to start slanging X-Box's. I think it was a smart move by Jadakiss. After Michael Moore's film, it was a good way to ask why, but at the sametime not really accuse Bush of doing anything. It's like I can ask, Jake, why you masterbate? He can answer, I don't masterbate, and all will be good. Jadakiss can ask, why did Bush knock over the towers, and Bush can say, I didn't knock over the towers. Parents do it all the time, why you kick the dog, I didn't kick the dog, and that's that. And for a question, Jadakiss is getting more attention than his ever had, and his sales increase. Smart move.

And Jake, what I'm trying to say is, that it is wrong that Bill O'Reily is singling out Jadakiss by slandering him through the media. He is telling people to boycott the companies that support him. I don't care about the MTV edit, because they editted out when Kanye West says the White man get's paid off of all of that, which I thought shouldn't be, so obviously they're going to edit out Jada's line. What MTV does is their business. But what O'Reily says to damage another person is wrong. He could make a comment about it, he can talk about it, but to slander Jada's name the way he is, is just wrong.

so if it's right for jadakiss to ask "why" bush knocked down the towers (basically in a nut shell saying something thta isn't true) shouldn't it be okay for bill o'reily to protest Jada...??
i'm not defeding either here, frankly both bill and jada can choke on eachother dicks and die and i wouldn't care, but  What bill is doing here is throwing it back in jada's face the same way jada was trying to do to bush. You say it's Jada's constitutional right to ask why, but in the same frame it's also bill's right to protest against something he doesn't agree with . what is it that he doesn't agree with ....a "musician" who spent most of his career promoting negative things like slanging drugs, violence , sexism, ect. who has a new album out promoting the same thing but contradicts it and all the sudden wants to be possitive on one track.  let that sit for a while.....it would be one thing if Kiss of death was all tracks that were like why (for example "what's going on) but he gets possitive on ONE track then diminishes it by telling kids , go fuck every girl you meet , slang drugs to get by ...cuz lord knows that's the "ONLY " way to make it.  Imagine you're punk ass 50 year old dude seeing some punk ass on tv doing this ?  you'd  do the same and i'm sure later on in your life you will.

frankly both are dumbasses. Jadakiss was stupid to say bush knocked down the towers, and Bill is just as stupid for making this the main focus of his life.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2004, 10:21:52 PM »
It was a metaphor according to Jada. Check it out yourself... from CNN.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Over the years, the rapper Jadakiss has depicted a world of drug dealing, murder and other assorted mayhem without raising many eyebrows.

But seven words in his new song "Why" -- "Why did Bush knock down the towers?" -- has gotten Jadakiss the most mainstream attention, and criticism, of his career.

"It caught the ear of white America," he said proudly during a phone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good thing. No matter what you do, somebody's not going to like it, but for the most part, most people love the song."

Not everyone loves it. Bill O'Reilly called Jadakiss a "smear merchant" this week, and some radio stations have edited out the line in the song, in which Jadakiss talks about perceived injustices, conspiracies and problems affecting the world. MTV says it is playing an edited version of the video, as it was sent by his label, Interscope.

Jadakiss says fans have demanded to hear the original version.

"In the beginning, they would edit, but after that, everybody called back for the version that was calling Bush (out)," he says.

Jadakiss doesn't really believe Bush ordered the towers destroyed -- he says the line is a metaphor, and that Bush should take the blame for the terrorist attack because his administration didn't do enough to stop it.

"They didn't follow up on a lot of things properly," says Jadakiss. "It's the president of the United States. The buck stops with him."

The controversy doesn't appear to be hurting Jadakiss -- his new album, "Kiss of Death," released last month, is nearing 500,000 copies sold. However, his song "Why?" has stalled at No. 16 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart.

Hearing Jadakiss converse about political issues is a new concept -- the rapper, who began his career as part of the group The Lox, is more known for his gritty rhymes about street life.

But Jadakiss says his outlook has changed.

"I'm growing up, I'm getting a little older. I've got two kids. I'm almost 30 years old," says the Yonkers, New York native.

He talks up "Fahrenheit 9/11" as an important, must-see movie -- he's watched it twice -- and he's even registering to vote in the upcoming presidential election, a first for him. (He backs John Kerry.) He wants the minimum wage raised and more jobs created.

"As a rapper, as an artist, we've got power," he said. "If we can get people to vote from the ages 18 to 44, we can make a change."

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2004, 02:59:05 AM »
i'm soooo sure that was jadas sole intent on that song  ::) pleease . that fool just said that shit to cover his ass. he didn't want to be the next dixie chicks.

and if that was his real intent on that so called "metaphor#" then , why are you making o'reily out to be the bad guy, and jada's talking about responsibility on bush's behalf....shouldn't it be jadakiss explaining his line before it came out so it wouldn't cause so much negative publicity? ooooooooh right by making more pulicity you get more promotion for the album....

Smoke

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2004, 03:16:59 AM »
Exactly. Jadakiss has something to say about the Twins Towers? Ok. I'm here, ready to listen to him. What's your point? Explain it to me, Jada. Confrontate yourself with people who doesnt agree with you or who dont dickride you. Tell me why you think Bush is responsable for the deaths of thousands of innocent souls? Maybe you're right but explain it. What? You cant? What? You dont want to talk about it? Man, that's BULLSHIT!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2004, 06:58:41 AM »
in the end it just comes down to the fact that some jadakiss fans might vote for kerry instead of bush now.. and that is a good thing. so I cant hate on him for that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2004, 07:04:10 AM »
Also, it is said that the government knew of a possible Al Quada attack, and did nothing about it because they didn't take it seriously. This is something that everyone agrees one, and like Jada says, the buck stops at the president. If I was president, and knew of a possible terrorist attack, every conservative would want my head if I didn't respond. Well, liberals are the same way. Also, why would Jada be the next Dixie Chicks. They have different people that listent to them, Dixie Chicks have more conservative listeners, Jada has more intercity listeners who already don't trust the government, and Jada as already outsold his last CD, so whatever my mans is doing, it's working.

Smoke

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2004, 07:42:01 AM »
Also, it is said that the government knew of a possible Al Quada attack, and did nothing about it because they didn't take it seriously. This is something that everyone agrees one, and like Jada says, the buck stops at the president. If I was president, and knew of a possible terrorist attack, every conservative would want my head if I didn't respond. Well, liberals are the same way. Also, why would Jada be the next Dixie Chicks. They have different people that listent to them, Dixie Chicks have more conservative listeners, Jada has more intercity listeners who already don't trust the government, and Jada as already outsold his last CD, so whatever my mans is doing, it's working.

Like Jada said, like Jada said, like Jada said..
Jada said nothing! I want him to explain me what he thinks about the whole situation.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2004, 07:47:48 AM »

Like Jada said, like Jada said, like Jada said..
Jada said nothing! I want him to explain me what he thinks about the whole situation.

read the article I posted

Smoke

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2004, 08:21:51 AM »
"It caught the ear of white America, it's a good thing. No matter what you do, somebody's not going to like it, but for the most part, most people love the song. [..] They didn't follow up on a lot of things properly, it's the president of the United States. The buck stops with him."

Are you trying to sell me those are intelligent quotes? It's custom speech, man. If somebody trying to act so political and intelligent have this conversation with me i shut him down in 10 seconds. If you criticize someone, you must say not only that "he's wrong", but what would you do in his position, why and how. Ask it to Jada and he'll be in a total embarassing silence.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2004, 03:47:04 PM »
"It caught the ear of white America, it's a good thing. No matter what you do, somebody's not going to like it, but for the most part, most people love the song. [..] They didn't follow up on a lot of things properly, it's the president of the United States. The buck stops with him."

Are you trying to sell me those are intelligent quotes? It's custom speech, man. If somebody trying to act so political and intelligent have this conversation with me i shut him down in 10 seconds. If you criticize someone, you must say not only that "he's wrong", but what would you do in his position, why and how. Ask it to Jada and he'll be in a total embarassing silence.

If I can ask Jadakiss, I would. Now I can tell you what I would do as president, because it's not that hard to say anything. I can say one thing, I would not take more vacation time off in one year than the average president does in 4. But then again I'm not president, so how can I possibly say that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2004, 08:24:49 PM »

mdogg shut the fuck up with that "the government knew" do you know how many threats all government officials get, there is seriously a file that all presidents have since Peral harbor of all the threats and clinton had millions in his...with that many it's IMPOSSIBLE To tell which are legit and which arn't. Plus how many times has the united states had an attack on the 48 main states by  a foriegn group....oh right huh? It's not  the governments fault 9-11 happened it's osama's .

jada would have been the next dixie chicks because he would be more hated than ignored regardless of his fanbase, most of america is conservative so let me break it down for you ....it'd be WORSE to have most of america dislike you than to have no idea you exist.

also what the fuck is an INTERcity listener?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2004, 10:20:57 PM »

mdogg shut the fuck up with that "the government knew" do you know how many threats all government officials get, there is seriously a file that all presidents have since Peral harbor of all the threats and clinton had millions in his...with that many it's IMPOSSIBLE To tell which are legit and which arn't. Plus how many times has the united states had an attack on the 48 main states by  a foriegn group....oh right huh? It's not  the governments fault 9-11 happened it's osama's .

jada would have been the next dixie chicks because he would be more hated than ignored regardless of his fanbase, most of america is conservative so let me break it down for you ....it'd be WORSE to have most of america dislike you than to have no idea you exist.

also what the fuck is an INTERcity listener?

An intercity listener is someone that listens from the intercity. Now since it's peace week, I'll hold back my schooling, as I will stick to the issues and not say much else.

You ever heard of the saying, if I can't be famous, I'll be imfamous. Well lets look at Jadakiss. His sales are up, most of his listeners to begin with are liberal hip-hop heads, who agree with what he is saying, and the attention he is getting is having his name spoke by people in the Bill O'Reilly Show. Jada was even called a one hit wonder... lol... since I guess It's All About The Benjerman's doesn't count as a hit, or His song from his first album with the jack Ras Kass Beat. (I boycotted that album and that song so I have no idea what it's called... lol) Anyways, Jada is has resently signed on to promote X-Box's for Bill Gates, Bill Gates is actually a liberal, so in this case, dissing George Bush is a good thing because it gets you in with the riches man in the world. Had Jada not dissed Bush, he'd never been known except for a guy wearing shinny suits behind Puffy in the late 90's, and later a guy behind DMX wearing a rag in the early part of this decade. Now he gets to be a cool peace of "Looking Back In 2004" triva. His CD is selling more, people know of him, and hip-hop heads are supporting him, something they would not do if he'd go Nelly on us to sell. When Nelly's popular buzz ends, he will never sell because the suburbs wouldn't buy him, and the streets wouldn't buy him. Jada may never have teh suburbs buy him, but the streets will remember him, and support him the same way they still support KRS-One, Chuck D, Ice Cube, and others who sell big on the streets because they provided a voice.

Now I ask you, in the 90's did you ever turn on the news, and for like a 10 second brief, they mentioned that the military attacked supposed terrorist training grounds in a country called Afganistan. Maybe it was because I was a news junkie, but I saw it. Threats are made all the time, but the president before Bush paid close attention. When someone is leading a group of terrorist, and that leader is on the top FBI's most wanted list, you might listen. Now I personally don't fully blame Bush, when he ran he said he wouldn't expain the military as much as Clinton did, because our military was all over the place. He decided to take military out of the middle east, then he realized why we have it there to begin with. That would be like me promising to do a typical liberal thing like raise welfare benefits, only to have more people get on welfare. You have to think out what you are doing, not just do it. You are elected the president of the United States, we depend on you to keep us safe, and to we trust you that you are doing the best job possible. I can honestly say that for the first 9 months of Bush's presidency, I didn't feel that way. 9/11 just happen to come, and when we needed someone to rally the troops, to get the people claim and trust in our leaders... we got... Rudy Giuliani??? Where was the president? Who knew, 3 days later he let us know he was alright, which is good. The presidency doesn't come easy to everyone, but all I ask is the president at least try.