Author Topic: Why would anyone really think God exists? ... or even believe in Religion?  (Read 2072 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Why would anyone really think God exists? ... or even believe in Religion?
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2004, 12:36:40 AM »
Microevolution is not evolution, It's adaptation. All organisms can adapt to their climate and surroundings, if not we would all be dead by now. Land animals that are surrounded by water do not grow fins and vice versa.

I mean I seriously don't get how you guys can believe in evolution. The scientific laws defy it. For example, according to evolution, organisms evolve and improve and become better until the point of perfection somewhere in the distant future. The laws of Thermodynamics say that everything on the earth is breaking down slowly. WHICH ONE IS IT? Thermodynamics is PROVEN and makes since when you look at the Ozone layer, extinction, etc.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2004, 02:21:43 AM »
There is NO difference between micro- and macro-evolution. It's all the same. The terms have been invented by creationists and anti-evolutionists to make up a non-argument. See, big groups of entirely new organisms don't just evolve from one year to another from a totally different group,as those using the term macro-evolution like to imply evolutionists mean. It's just an adding sum of one small change after another over a very long time. In the end, the creatures will be very different.This is 'micro-evolution' in it's extended,and unevitable, sense.

The macro-/ micro-evolution is non-argument.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

mauzip

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2004, 02:27:07 AM »
Scientists are 99% sure evolution happens. Why in the world would you believe in that 1%??

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2004, 08:58:05 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not saying I don't believe in evolution. I'm just saying it is wrong to call it a fact. A fact is non disputable. Evolution is disputable, by scientists not just by religious fanatics. As for the 99% thing. A couple of thousand years ago Greek scientists used logic to state that if you drop two objects the heavier will build up more force and hit the ground first. This was accepted in science circles everywhere. Then 1500 yeas later some one did the unthinkable, and actually tried it. It became apparant that two objects different in size and mass drop at hte same time and speed. WhaT I mean by this, is don't discount that one percent, because you never know for sure.

mauzip

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2004, 09:23:42 AM »
Someone could have replaced your mothers kid for another kid when you were still a baby. So it's wrong for you to call your mom your mom.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2004, 09:52:15 AM »
Someone could have replaced your mothers kid for another kid when you were still a baby. So it's wrong for you to call your mom your mom.

Oh my god you're right!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Thank You! Now I can go search for my real family.

This is such a stupid rebuttle. All I said was in has been proven time and time again that science is all theory and can never be 100% proven. Some things are more obvious than others but evolution is not. The greatest scientists in the world debate this daily and you want me to take your word for it. I've heard arguments that DNA cannot be changed and therefore evolution cannot exist. I'm not sure what the whole explanation was but it was on some special on Evolution I saw on A&E or Discovery. Science is not LAW. Einstein has not been proven wrong about his theory of relativity, but to say it cannot be proven wrong is ridiculous. This why it is the THEORY of relativity, and not the law of relativity. Even Newton's laws are now theories, because a philosopher in the 1800s said we cannot predict the future and it is wrong to say something will always happen.

As for me being sweitched at birth. How do you know I wasn't born at home and kept there? Shit, even if I was switched at birth. The woman that raised me, loved me, and took care is still the one I'll always call mom. No DNA test can ever change that. That's the problem with science, it can never take into account the power of love and emotion. The intangibles if you will.

mauzip

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2004, 09:55:21 AM »
Explain to me why they teach about evolution in schools.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2004, 10:07:48 AM »

They also teach the big bang and that has never been proven. No school I have ever been in has stated that Evolution is a 100% fact. It is a very strong theory and should be taught. Just like Enstein's theories should be taught.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2004, 08:55:08 PM »
they teach a lot of theory in school, ex. Phsycology

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2004, 09:02:20 AM »
lol, thinking that Evolution doesnt exist takes it a little too far for me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2004, 12:44:54 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I never said it doesn't exist. I just said there is no absolute proof of it, therefore we cannot say that it definately exists. Personally I don't care either way.

mauzip

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2004, 12:48:38 PM »
And there is no proof for God at all, so quit the bullshit. Lock this thread please.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2004, 01:29:11 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Of course there isn't any proof of God. That is the point of having faith. If it were definate then we wouldn't have much a debate about anything or need to realize what was right and wrong, and it wouldn't be faith. If there was a heavenly voice that spoke to everyone simulateously every day and told us how to live there would be very little free will to choose the right path.

I never once said that I knew for a fact that God existed, I only claim to belive there is a God. Big difference. That's what separates a spiritual man (or woman) from a scientific one. The true spiritual man is open to everything and admits he KNOWS nothing, while the scientific man always needs proof and believes in the facts of science, at least until some other scientist comes alomg with a new method that disproves the previous one. I like science, I just realize through reading science history that no science can be claimed as definate, because we never know what will happen in the future.