Author Topic: Responsibility  (Read 1316 times)

Thirteen

Re: Responsibility
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2004, 08:32:45 AM »
smerlus ... dont act like you wouldnt think Im right  ;)

rampant, there was a reason why most ppl voted for you as the most improved poster, dont listen to machiavelli. he's just jealous that you're a cool guy now and he's still the moron.

i'm not pointing this thread at you seven...i just find it funny that all threads in TOT come back to how bad america is....it's so funny i think i'll start finding obscure connections to link a thread to the US... like when someone makes an interesting post about the life cycle in the saharra desert.... i'll complain why American environmentalists don't so anything to help the poor hungry gazelle during the long dry season

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2004, 11:46:53 AM »

Rain

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2004, 12:02:34 AM »
it amazes me how people who like the country of America and not the gov't of America are deemed Anti-Americans while those who like the govt of America over the actual country walk around claiming they are true patriots. For example Michael Moore has never said anything bad about America in terms of the actual country, people and culture, just the gov't and he gets deemed Anti-American. And why? because he prefers the country over the president

fuck, it should be considered treason to favour an institution before the actual country, culture and people. Alot of you are whining on here about Anti-Americans yet i aint really seen any poster who is considerably Anti-American just anti-govt/Anti-Bush.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Thirteen

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2004, 11:58:54 AM »
it amazes me how people who like the country of America and not the gov't of America are deemed Anti-Americans while those who like the govt of America over the actual country walk around claiming they are true patriots. For example Michael Moore has never said anything bad about America in terms of the actual country, people and culture, just the gov't and he gets deemed Anti-American. And why? because he prefers the country over the president

fuck, it should be considered treason to favour an institution before the actual country, culture and people. Alot of you are whining on here about Anti-Americans yet i aint really seen any poster who is considerably Anti-American just anti-govt/Anti-Bush.

because the government is a large part of america.....it's like saying i'm a vegetarian but i still eat steaks

Rain

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2004, 05:15:18 PM »

because the government is a large part of america.....it's like saying i'm a vegetarian but i still eat steaks

how is it anything like that? how do you know that any of the people that are deemed anti-American voted for the current Gov't? these people are basically saying they think the gov't is making some mistakes and doing wrong to America and thats deemed Anti-American? because they are trying to defend America. People on this board call others Anti-American because they don't like George W. Bush. George W. Bush is only one American and only one President. he is in no way a personfication of American culture or its people.

just because I didn't like Saddam Hussain there would be no reason to claim me as Anti-Iraq.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Thirteen

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2004, 02:34:30 AM »
steaks are only one meat  ;D

mauzip

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2004, 04:00:41 AM »
I know quite a few people that are really anti-American. Why? I assume it's because of the Iraqi war since I never heard anyone about this before that.

These people don't like the American gov't (of course), but they also don't like Americans. They think they are arrogant. Why? They have absolutely no reason for that. It's just their appearance or something. I really don't feel like typing up everything they have against Americans, but believe me when I say it's almost everything they do.

Also, (most of) these people have never even been to the United States and the only times they have "met" an American was when they coincidentally saw one in a store.

I think these people are stupid, dumb and ignorant. You can't even seem to make sense to these people when you tell them that it's not fair to hate on the American people. I can understand if you hate Bush, but don't hate on the American people.