Author Topic: Last night I attended a public lecture by a Sudanese Shiek...truth about Sudan  (Read 458 times)

Trauma-san

Here are some key points from the presentation.

-Yes, the Jan Jaweed are what we would call in America, "thugs" and "gangsta's".  But one Sudanese official told America, "We will stop the Jan Jaweed when you find Bin Laden"... meaning that the Jan Jaweed, perform their raids, hide out amongst the people, then reappear, do more dirt, hide out again, and on and on.  They have been around for a long time, but they are very hard to identify, they are not an organized group with an organized leader, but rather a mysterious group of bandits who's way of life is dependant on raiding farms and villages.

-There is NO ETHNIC CLEANSING[/i].  Last night the Shiek had his son get up and stand next to him.  Both of them are very dark skinned, but his son has a long looking nose that is an Arab feature, the Shiek explained that he would be classified as an African and his son would be classified as an Arab. That really, almost all of Sudan is very black and African, (except for a few select Arab tribes) although some of it's people may have Arab features.  The Sudanese government for example, is very black, and to any of us we would identify them as black African.

-The government really doesn't have much involvement in the problem.  They are not totally innocent, but they are definitely not totally responsible.  Some people of the Jan Jaweed joined military wings of the government, just to obtain weapons to pursue their own vigilante objectives.

-The government has absolutely zero involvement in any of the reported "raping" that has taken place in Sudan.  It is possible that some ignorant individual amongst the Jan Jaweed may raped a women during their raids, but rape is something in the Sudan that is punishable by death of stoning, and it is something that is HATED[/i] and NEVER[/i] happens in the Sudan.

-The severity of the conflict has been severely miscalculated.  The number killed is less than half that of the reported number.  The number of refugee's is also much smaller than is being reported.  Many of the refugee's live and eat better on the food they are recieving at refugee camps, then the standard of living they had in their villages back home, this has motivated some of them to exzagerate the conflict and leave their homes for refugee camps.

-It is not a situation where the North is Muslim and the South is Christian.  Only a small percentage of the South is Christian and despite many efforts made by the West to Christianize the South, the number of Christians is dwendling.   

....The Shiek offered some other items that fueled the conflict I can only touch on a few here

-Sudan's oil producing capabilities[/i]!  Sudan knew it had oil decades ago, but Saudi Arabia bribed them into not producing their oil so that they could keep their monopoly on oil productions.  In the recent years, Sudan has hired Iranian and Chinese companies to come in and begin pumping oil out of the Sudan.  Since China is the biggest oil consumer in the world, and they are trading partners with Sudan, they are able to veto America and Britian in the United Nations, and protect Sudan from Western involvement.  Sudan has spent it's oil revenue's on it's infrastructure and it has biult many hospitals and universities with it.

-Sudan is the largest country in Africa and has many countries upon it's borders.  It has so many unique tribes and regions that in and part of neighboring countries and if you travel from one region to another in Sudan it is like going to a whole nother country.

-Sudan has a military style government and sometimes they try to force their issue's at the barrel of a gun.  This causes many people to uprise against the government.  For example they made a deal with South Sudan and neglected Western Sudan (Darfour).  Some elements of Western Sudan demanded some consessions and the government tried to supress them militarily.  This lead to conflict.

-Sudan was colonized by the West for 100 years, and like most African states, when the colonial power left, they left elements inside the country that would continue to decay at the peace and prosperity of the Nation.

If you have any more questions or comments I can speak more on the topic here, I was only able to touch on a few key points, but this conflict has a deep history, and is very complex.

I just glanced through it, but you forgot and left out all the parts where all of this is George Bush's (and by proxy, your drunk daddy's) fault.

Woodrow

I just glanced through it, but you forgot and left out all the parts where all of this is George Bush's (and by proxy, your drunk daddy's) fault.

And Britian and America fuel this misunderstanding,

Trauma-san

And Britian and America fuel this misunderstanding,

Ohhhh, sorry.  Like I said, I just glanced, too many big words for my redneck, racist, hillbilly, country, conservative republican george bush voting christian mind.  I wish I were enlightened like Bri.. urgh, 'ibrahiem'. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
isn't monute bol from sudan ? yeah when he did celebrity boxing he dubbed himself the sudanese freedom fighter....we should get him some terminator/rambo weapons and have his big ass do some damage.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Englewood, the Darfuris are majority Muslim. It is Muslim women being raped.

You cannot say this is a jihad and maintain a straight face, cmon, smarten up.

And of course, I am not denying that the Sudanese govt helps, trains , arms , funds the janjaweed. But it is not an apparatus of the state. Its a bunch of angry Arab nomads gettin funded to maintain the interests of the state. Political not religious in any way
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 11:43:18 PM by King Tech Quadafi »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
isn't monute bol from sudan ? yeah when he did celebrity boxing he dubbed himself the sudanese freedom fighter....we should get him some terminator/rambo weapons and have his big ass do some damage.

Yeah that lanky fuck is from Sudan. But hes from the Christain/Animist south where theres been civil war for oever 20 years. Separate from the Darfur crisis.

Furthermore, didnt that motherfucker get knocked out? Speaking of Manute Bol, I once lost a $10 bet with a comrade because I swore the man was 8 foot something, turns out hes like 7'8 or something. I thinks its the skinny affect,

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

Yeah that lanky fuck is from Sudan. But hes from the Christain/Animist south where theres been civil war for oever 20 years. Separate from the Darfur crisis.

Furthermore, didnt that motherfucker get knocked out? Speaking of Manute Bol, I once lost a $10 bet with a comrade because I swore the man was 8 foot something, turns out hes like 7'8 or something. I thinks its the skinny affect,

naw he was serving the Fridge in that fight....and yeah dude looks like he's 10 foot something

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09