Author Topic: Def Jam Fight for N.Y.  (Read 422 times)

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Def Jam Fight for N.Y.
« on: October 02, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »
anybody got this game?  It looks good with all the rappers in it.......but it seems like its a good game to have when theres lots of people to play with.......dont know if its a good game just as one player mode?  anybody got this?

Sikotic™

Re: Def Jam Fight for N.Y.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 01:23:07 AM »
It's out? Damn I'm behind.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »
wat is a wrestling game>???.. btw.. save your money for gta

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 07:50:23 AM »
i bought it but i've been busy and haven't had time to play it much... the create a character is decent, just not as varied as when this comapny was making wrestling games for the N64. you can pick the body size, head shape (little differences between some of the heads) eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows, skin color, fighting types and even a few voices...when you start playing you only have a few clothing items to chose from at the store, actually you only have a few options at each of the 4 stores
(jewelry, barber, tattoo, clothing) but you unlock more as you progress

the character graphics are nice, and the story progresses with the use of the in game engine...the intros are the only time the game takes a hit graphically...while the crowd that lines the rings are decent looking, the ones in the background look like block people, they're made up of around 100 polygons it looks like...

sound is great, all the voice acting is done well, especially by the 40 celebrities they have in the game, they also have a large selection of music (alot that has to be unlocked)

and the gameplay is a little tough when you start out....sure, the controls haven't changed too much from the N64 days...it's just that the computer KNOWS when to fuck you up with a big combo and when to stay away because you're about to get up. my friend and i were playing against Red and Meth, and since my friend got KO'd early, Red and Meth began a 2 minute onslaught on me where i found myself only able to roll away once. other than that, i took a beating worse than any i've ever experienced in a game. so far i haven't found a training mode, if it exists, so it looks like i have to take some beating as i progress through the story

so far the game is a great fighter and it's fun with friends. people that have reviewed this game said the story was better than fable's (which is what i traded in to get this game) i'll be playing more today to give a better review of the game

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 05:20:34 PM »
I was glad to see Warren G and WC in it  :)  so I'll probably buying this sometime down the line, first things first though, GTA SA!! ;D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 06:31:07 PM »
yea i got this game too
havent played it that much but so far its been pretty fun
tha blazin moves r sick

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 07:40:27 PM »
If G Dub is in it then I'm gonna at least rent it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 09:53:43 AM »
I rented it, and its tite as fuck.  It pissed me off at first cuz its kinda hard to get used to, but then it gets really tite.  WC has his special Blazin move where he C-Walks and then stabs the person with his thrown up dub.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 10:46:09 AM »
I rented it, and its tite as fuck.  It pissed me off at first cuz its kinda hard to get used to, but then it gets really tite.  WC has his special Blazin move where he C-Walks and then stabs the person with his thrown up dub.

LOL, sounds dope, might have to rent this. Is Warren G availiable from the start, or do you have to unlock him?

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »
you have to unlock most of the characters, i think xzibit is the only west coast person that's availible from the start... i beat the game last night and now i'm just gonna go through and get all the matches done.

this game is way better than the first...great story (i could see this story being a movie), reaqlly good graphics, the fighting engine is almost flawless (there's still some collision detection errors every now and then)

the types of fighting modes are great...you have your regular rings matches, you got the ones where the crowd gets into the fight, you have a subway match where you can throw the guy into the tracks and in front of an oncoming subway, you have a ring of fire match, a demolition match where you score extra point (which means extra money) if you fuck up the other persons car while you protect yours.

i went through the game and there's still a few endurance tournements to play, still clothes and jewelry to buy, still trophies to unlock and still upgrades to make to the stats. along with a few more people to unlock and a few finishing moves to get

my final score on this game is a 9.0. not too many bad things i can say about this game...plus you get to beat Sean Paul's ass...that alone covers the cost of the game for me

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 11:56:11 AM »
you have to unlock most of the characters, i think xzibit is the only west coast person that's availible from the start... i beat the game last night and now i'm just gonna go through and get all the matches done.

this game is way better than the first...great story (i could see this story being a movie), reaqlly good graphics, the fighting engine is almost flawless (there's still some collision detection errors every now and then)

the types of fighting modes are great...you have your regular rings matches, you got the ones where the crowd gets into the fight, you have a subway match where you can throw the guy into the tracks and in front of an oncoming subway, you have a ring of fire match, a demolition match where you score extra point (which means extra money) if you fuck up the other persons car while you protect yours.

i went through the game and there's still a few endurance tournements to play, still clothes and jewelry to buy, still trophies to unlock and still upgrades to make to the stats. along with a few more people to unlock and a few finishing moves to get

my final score on this game is a 9.0. not too many bad things i can say about this game...plus you get to beat Sean Paul's ass...that alone covers the cost of the game for me

Ok, sounds dope, will definitely have to rent I think. And I'm with you on the Sean Paul thing. Our Mobb Deep availiable from the start?

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2004, 12:04:17 PM »

Ok, sounds dope, will definitely have to rent I think. And I'm with you on the Sean Paul thing. Our Mobb Deep availiable from the start?

nah, you don't unlock them until about 3/4 of the game is done, actually sorry, you can play with your friends and earn points to unlock things without playing through story, and ther'es a few codes on the internet taht you can get to give you a few hundred starter points

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 09:34:34 PM »
Just get the internet code and get 100 points, so you can unlock 2 characters.  Warren G and WC were the first two I unlocked, then I unlocked Mack 10.

Thirteen

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 09:43:19 PM »
Just get the internet code and get 100 points, so you can unlock 2 characters.  Warren G and WC were the first two I unlocked, then I unlocked Mack 10.

actually, i found out that if you use those points to unlock characters, you just waste them because you unlock those characters going through the story mode

and after story mode, there's about 17 characters that aren't unlocked

kinda shitty to have to keep playing single matches for 5 points per person you beat in a match (15 points max)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2004, 06:59:54 PM »
And you can't use those codes more than once?