Author Topic: nirvana  (Read 410 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
nirvana
« on: October 08, 2004, 04:28:17 PM »
Im starting to really get into  them, can anyone reccomend albums or their best songs?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 04:43:01 PM by .:LiquidSwords:. »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: nirvana
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:40:29 PM »
Nevermind was there breakthrough album, and In Utero was also very good. Get both albums.

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:02:42 PM »
damn its been a long time since ive lsitend to their cds,, but this is pretty mcuh going off from what i remember

they have too many good albums. unplugged is a great album.. one of my favorites of all time, u get to hear nirvana in its rawest form with no electrical guitars and shit, just straight acoustics, you can hear the emotions that cobain was trying to convey.. definitely a great album.. favorite song on that cd is Lake of Fire

nevermind was damn fucking good too. had smells like teenage spirit, in bloom, i think lithium was on there? ..polly, something in the way, come as you are.. it was a great album.. i remember that the first prints of the cd had an extra track like a few minutes after the last track ended.. u can tell if u had a first print if the inner circle of the cd also had the "water" design instead of just being clear.. i think rolling stones rated this as the number one album of the decade.. 

in utero was pretty damn good too.. had my favorite nirvana song "heart shaped box". also had the tracks rape me and some other ones.. kinda forgot., all apologies...

there was incesitide and some other ones.. i cant even remember them.. they had that live at the muddy banks of wishkah or some shit.. kinda forgot

yeah.. so pick up nevermind and unplugged for sure..  i think they have a greatest hits collection too..

but if u likr nirvana u should check out alice in chains, another one of my favorites

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 10:31:18 PM »
Nirvana Unplugged Is one of the GREATEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME, TOP 5 at least in my books

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 01:18:30 AM »
Damn I can't find Nevermind anywhere
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 02:49:45 AM »
Damn I can't find Nevermind anywhere

"oh well, whatever, neevvveeerrmiinnnddd!"  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 03:02:03 AM »
heh..

nevermind shouldnt be hard to find

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 05:49:40 AM »
i'd start out with nevermind, how can u not find that lol? i haven't heard the unplugged cd, might check it out since it seems to be good. "In Uthero" was nice too and if you want something really raw check out their pre-Nevermind release "Bleach".

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 07:03:28 AM »
while nirvana was a good band, i do think they are overrated.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 12:25:06 AM »
while nirvana was a good band, i do think they are overrated.

smokey robinson said it best.... i second that emotion.

nirvana made great music....but they get too much credit

1. they weren't even the best seattle band that came out of that era
2. they weren't the reason why hair metal died....if 1988 never happened , when Guns N roses , Megadeth and metallica , AC DC , and i believe aerosmith all released critical albums that brought the revolution, Nirvana wouldn't have happened they way they did.

but with all that said i sitll like them 

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 10:08:32 PM »
I don't think Nirvana is overrated, all in all, they were there at the right place at the right time with the right look and the right sound and changed the face of music.  You can pick them apart and highlight why they weren't what they're said to be, but it's all about timing and a lot of extraneous variables in things like that. 

You could find Nevermind easily if you'd actually go to a store instead of trying to download it off the internet.  If you've got everybody around telling you it's a great cd, just go buy it, it's not wasted money, it's a great cd.  The mixing is incredible on that CD, too, the drum kick-off to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is still (with the exception of maybe Billie Jean) my favorite ever 'bump in the car' song. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 11:46:24 PM »
That's what I meant when I said I wanted it. I want to buy it, my friend let me borrow it and it was incredible. I honestly cant find it anywhere.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 05:29:55 AM »
Damn, are you serious? Wal-Mart? Circuit City? Best Buy?  Somebody's gotta have it. 

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 05:35:36 AM »
^^ ok, it's about 13 years old. but it's fuckin Nevermind goddamnit. Otherwise, just order it from somewhere, amazon or whatever

I don't think Nirvana is overrated, all in all, they were there at the right place at the right time with the right look and the right sound and changed the face of music.  You can pick them apart and highlight why they weren't what they're said to be, but it's all about timing and a lot of extraneous variables in things like that. 
you took the words outta my mouth and put em quite well

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 08:45:41 AM »

that old? damn...   *looks it up*   1991!

cd's weren't invented when nevermind first came out.. lol... seriously!

i was still in school.. was 15 when that shit came out!