Author Topic: My main problem with the US's candidates  (Read 343 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
My main problem with the US's candidates
« on: October 09, 2004, 02:24:02 PM »
Ok, let's be honest. Both Kerry and Bush are fucking terrible. Now, in a country like the US, where education is available to everyone and there are some great intellectuals, how did the Presidential race end up between Bush and Kerry? I mean come on, you're telling me out of 300 million Americans the best qualified is John Kerry and George Bush!?!?

I guess the main problem is money, which is unfortunate. It's sad that there are literally millions of people in the US who could make great Presidents and because they don't have the money, they'll never have a shot.

And what's the deal with the VPs? Cheney and Edwards are obviously superior to their respective running mates, so how did they end up in the second place position?

Just a few thoughts, hope this thread explodes with debate.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: My main problem with the US's candidates
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 02:35:36 PM »
Now I'm not too familiar with Kerry's political record as a senator, but he comes across as very Presidential in my eyes. His public speaking is very good and strong. And I feel he's done a fine job clarifying where he stands and I don't see him as a flip flopper. Of course, I'm no political expert.

What exactly do you not like about him?

pappy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 02:42:26 PM »
the reason i think edwards isnt the number one demecrat is b/c he is still very young when it comes to a career in politics.  He still has to earn his stripes in many peoples eyes.  B/C he has moved up the political ladder very fast.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 03:17:11 PM »
Ok, let's be honest. Both Kerry and Bush are fucking terrible. Now, in a country like the US, where education is available to everyone and there are some great intellectuals, how did the Presidential race end up between Bush and Kerry? I mean come on, you're telling me out of 300 million Americans the best qualified is John Kerry and George Bush!?!?

I guess the main problem is money, which is unfortunate. It's sad that there are literally millions of people in the US who could make great Presidents and because they don't have the money, they'll never have a shot.

And what's the deal with the VPs? Cheney and Edwards are obviously superior to their respective running mates, so how did they end up in the second place position?

Just a few thoughts, hope this thread explodes with debate.
i agree 100%

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 03:56:49 PM »
Now I'm not too familiar with Kerry's political record as a senator, but he comes across as very Presidential in my eyes. His public speaking is very good and strong. And I feel he's done a fine job clarifying where he stands and I don't see him as a flip flopper. Of course, I'm no political expert.

He strikes me as very uncaring, he isn't too bright. He seems to me like he is not prepared for answers at interviews.  He is just a silver-spooner from birth. I don't know how you don't see him as a flip-flopper.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 03:57:54 PM »
the reason i think edwards isnt the number one demecrat is b/c he is still very young when it comes to a career in politics.  He still has to earn his stripes in many peoples eyes.  B/C he has moved up the political ladder very fast.

Well I'm not saying that Edwards is the #1 Democrat. I just meant that I see him as a stronger candidate than Kerry, yet he is second place.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 03:58:48 PM »

He strikes me as very uncaring, he isn't too bright. He seems to me like he is not prepared for answers at interviews.  He is just a silver-spooner from birth. I don't know how you don't see him as a flip-flopper.
thats sounds jus like dubbya.  an from what i have heard, kerry has worked hard for all that he has an grew up a very modest childhood.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 04:01:22 PM »

thats sounds jus like dubbya.  an from what i have heard, kerry has worked hard for all that he has an grew up a very modest childhood.

Did he? I've always been under the impression that he grew up just as spoiled as Bush. But, in either case, you couldn't tell. Kerry seems very out of touch, Bush seems more like the everyday kinda guy. IMO they're both uncaring rich assholes.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 04:31:52 PM »
Kerry was not a silver spooner. He earned his stripes, and found a rich broad - somethin' I wanna do myself to be honest.

I don't see how Kerry is uncaring. He looks more presidential IMO (of course that means absolutely nothing) and I think his plans will help out America domestically, something Bush has conveniently brushed aside.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 05:29:14 PM »
"everyday kinda guys" don't go to Yale... they don't have their father as president... they don't have their father run the CIA... that's not an "everyday kinda guy"... shit... of the two candidates, Bush is the silver spooner... and the spoon is still in his mouth.

I know, I think you missed the point. What I was saying was that it doesn't matter is Bush or Kerry are silver spooners, they're both arrogant rich assholes. But I can't tell, because Bush is like the everyman (in his general demeanour) and Kerry seems like an aristocrat. Of course I know Bush isn't actually an everyday guy, the point was that he acts like he is.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 06:24:07 PM »
Maybe I'm naieve, and if so shoot me, but I think the problem is Bush actually IS sort of an everyday kind of guy.  He's just a regular guy, really not very qualified to be president.  He IS rich, and as such removed from most of the population, but he has good common sense and understands basic fundamentals of government in everyday black and white terms.  So I would never call him an asshole, I'd say he looks like a great guy, someone with a heart and just an average joe who happens to have a wealthy family who pulled strings and got him places. 

Kerry on the other hand is so far removed from the world it's incredible.  He's worth a billion dollars, Bush is worth 15 Million.  Economically speaking, Bush is one of the most 'down to earth' UN-Incredibly rich presidents we've had.

With all that said, I know exactly what you're saying.  There ARE better people that could be president than either of these guys.  The system, as designed, is flawed and doesn't present the most qualified person with the job, as it should in a perfect world do.  There's probably local candidates for office here in Charlotte, NC who would be better equipped to be president, but the way the system is designed, they'll never even have the balls to attempt to run.  Ralph Nader, whether I agree with what he does or not, runs SOLELY for this purpose, to show the 'unfairness' or whatever of the U.S. system of electing a president.

I wouldn't call Bush, or Kerry an asshole though, honestly.  Neither is best equipped for the job, though. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 08:44:34 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bush is only worth 15 million? Wow, I thought it was a lot more. Doesn't he own the Texas Rangers, and have a big stake in some major oil companies?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 08:53:17 PM »
^^^^^

yeah.. i seriously doubt bush is only worth $15 million.

and kerry's wifey is the one loaded with the Heinz fortune... not that kerry don't benefit from it, but he's not the one with the billion.

plus, when silver-spoon bush was skippin' his military duties, kerry was out getting shot at in vietnam and handlin' his.

peace  8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 09:26:45 PM »
Bush is worth 15 million, Cheney is worth 30 million.

On the flip side,

Edwards is worth 50 million, and Kerry is worth 1 Billion. 

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 09:29:01 PM »
Bush is worth 15 million, Cheney is worth 30 million.

On the flip side,

Edwards is worth 50 million, and Kerry is worth 1 Billion. 

where are you getting this info?  just wondering.