Author Topic: I just bought The Wire Season One (hbo series).  (Read 112 times)

We Fly High

I just bought The Wire Season One (hbo series).
« on: October 13, 2004, 05:22:04 PM »
i just bought a 5 dvd set for the hbo series "the wire" season one. its been on hbo for awhile, and is currently in its third running season. plays sunday at 9. the first season focuses on the projects in baltimore, and a lot of the drug trafficking that goes on in there. its cool cos it shows from the perspectives of the project boys and also from the persepctive of the cops..  second season focuses on traffickin througgh the waterports and harbors, and third season focuses on a lot of the politics involved..  but yeah i love all the characters in the wire like wallace, bodie, stringer, avon, d angelo, and omar especially (hes a homo, but hes the craziest fool in town. i like how they cast him in this light, strays from the stereotype. even though hes gay hes 10x more thug than any one else on the block, makes you like him despite his homosexuality.. its weird, in one moment hes blastin fools with a sawed off shottie, and jackin fools for their stashes, and then the next moment hes like kissing a guy).. ... a lot of the characters in season one arent even in season three anymore, cos a lot of them have died or been locked away... but yeah anyways if u havent heard ot his show, u best get on it. a lot of the actors in the show are actually real residents on the block.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 05:24:20 PM by justin718 »

Sikotic™

Re: I just bought The Wire Season One (hbo series).
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:51:46 PM »
The show is bomb. I never can find time to follow it but the episodes I did see were good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 09:40:26 PM »
im thinkin bout buying it...i could it this for 60 bucks...i heard that this show is even better then sopranos...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 10:46:19 AM »
They're starting to show that show here now, in about a month I think. The previews looked pretty good, I was gonna check it out.