Author Topic: 18 more days, earth will never be the same..  (Read 962 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 18 more days, earth will never be the same..
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »
i think final doom for ps1 actually had a wider selection of aliens an weapons...plus imo the levels were better an so was the multiplayer...godayum that game kicked ass....

as for halo....multiplayer was tight...single player was borin as hell....especially once u discover the brood and ur runnin around thru all thos identical rooms...

yea but then final doom got low 7s on reviews n halo got 9.7s  :-\

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2004, 05:48:59 PM »
Official Xbox Magazine just released its rating of the game - 9.7. Which is the highest rating they have ever given a game, edging out Ninja Gaiden with a 9.6. I'm hyped as fuck
Thats got to be the worst source to quote to back up your "halo rocks" statement.

Thats like me saying "Pepsi magazine said pepsi is the greatest pop ever made."

Uh when did i say that OXM's rating justifies why i like it so much? I posted it cuz i just found out. I'll say what i said eariler: 

Look, i'm not sayin yall have to like this game.  i'm sayin it has received some of the highest critical acclaim from every magazine that reviews/rates games.  It is the single highest draw at every gaming convention.  E3 (the annual convention) awarded halo 2 with damn near every award, including BEST multiplayer (the same multiplayer that Rampant, the apparent guru dubbed "average").  But hey i guess all the programmers really have no clue what they are talking about. Every month at my college the fraternities STILL hold tourney's.  And thats after 3 years.

So would you mind explaining the whole E3 thing? 

Also, i read today that pre-orders are over 1.5 million. 

Thirteen

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2004, 08:31:13 PM »
Official Xbox Magazine just released its rating of the game - 9.7. Which is the highest rating they have ever given a game, edging out Ninja Gaiden with a 9.6. I'm hyped as fuck
Thats got to be the worst source to quote to back up your "halo rocks" statement.

Uh when did i say that OXM's rating justifies why i like it so much? I posted it cuz i just found out. I'll say what i said eariler: 

Look, i'm not sayin yall have to like this game.  i'm sayin it has received some of the highest critical acclaim from every magazine that reviews/rates games.  It is the single highest draw at every gaming convention.  E3 (the annual convention) awarded halo 2 with damn near every award, including BEST multiplayer (the same multiplayer that Rampant, the apparent guru dubbed "average").  But hey i guess all the programmers really have no clue what they are talking about. Every month at my college the fraternities STILL hold tourney's.  And thats after 3 years.

have you ever seen reviewers? they're fucking nerds...give them a video game with any gun, some aliens and the world at stake and they will throw up Vulcan hand gestures all day

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2004, 10:42:43 AM »

have you ever seen reviewers? they're fucking nerds...give them a video game with any gun, some aliens and the world at stake and they will throw up Vulcan hand gestures all day

of course they're nerds. thats what lends to their talent to critque video games.  E3 consists of all sorts of programmers, game makers, and others in computer / console gaming fields.  Those are the people that touted Halo2 to be this incredible game.  Its like Dre and Premier saying there's some new producer out there that is making incredible music.  Their opinions actually hold some weight.  Not that your opinion shouldn't hold weight, but The best arguement you can come with is to say those people are nerds?  Debating with you is like trying to teach a kid with down syndrome calculus. 

Thirteen

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2004, 12:32:52 PM »

of course they're nerds. thats what lends to their talent to critque video games.  E3 consists of all sorts of programmers, game makers, and others in computer / console gaming fields.  Those are the people that touted Halo2 to be this incredible game.  Its like Dre and Premier saying there's some new producer out there that is making incredible music.  Their opinions actually hold some weight.  Not that your opinion shouldn't hold weight, but The best arguement you can come with is to say those people are nerds?  Debating with you is like trying to teach a kid with down syndrome calculus. 

reviewers are the ones that review games and give out awards, not programmers so your analogy is pretty far off. the new producer is better associated with The Source giving the acclaim and you know that they (the source) are garbage.

which is why i listen to my peers when it comes to reviews, because these people are unpaid and unbiased

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »

reviewers are the ones that review games and give out awards, not programmers so your analogy is pretty far off. the new producer is better associated with The Source giving the acclaim and you know that they (the source) are garbage.

which is why i listen to my peers when it comes to reviews, because these people are unpaid and unbiased

uh, at E3 every possible platform is represented. Programmers, media, and fans all choose which games win which awards.  E3 is the mecca of all gaming conventions. Yes magazines can be / are biased.  But i'd be willing to bet that you'd be hard pressed to find a publication called this game "average" and "boring". And if your peers are fellow PS2'ers, then i feel sorry for you.  You do realize that xbox is the superior system right? I'm unpaid and unbiased, i own a ps2, and xbox, (my roomate of 4 years had a gamecube, and i fucked with that all the time.) I guess i'm getting at this point: do you think ps2 is better than xbox? because if you do, than it is a waste of time debating with you.

Thirteen

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »

uh, at E3 every possible platform is represented. Programmers, media, and fans all choose which games win which awards.  E3 is the mecca of all gaming conventions. Yes magazines can be / are biased.  But i'd be willing to bet that you'd be hard pressed to find a publication called this game "average" and "boring". And if your peers are fellow PS2'ers, then i feel sorry for you.  You do realize that xbox is the superior system right? I'm unpaid and unbiased, i own a ps2, and xbox, (my roomate of 4 years had a gamecube, and i fucked with that all the time.) I guess i'm getting at this point: do you think ps2 is better than xbox? because if you do, than it is a waste of time debating with you.

1st off the awards are like boxing championship belts...they're too numerous and alot of them don't mean shit...Fable won best RPG at E3 and the game is 1/3249573927 of what it was promised to be

secondly i personally own an xbox, a gamecube, a gaming PC and a PS2 so i can tell you Halo isn't as good as you make it out to be because i have access to all games

and if you want to talk about power then you should talk about the pc version...Halo drops from a 9.7 on the xbox to 8.7 on pc (which happens to be flooded with FPS's)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2004, 10:06:58 PM »

1st off the awards are like boxing championship belts...they're too numerous and alot of them don't mean shit...Fable won best RPG at E3 and the game is 1/3249573927 of what it was promised to be

secondly i personally own an xbox, a gamecube, a gaming PC and a PS2 so i can tell you Halo isn't as good as you make it out to be because i have access to all games

and if you want to talk about power then you should talk about the pc version...Halo drops from a 9.7 on the xbox to 8.7 on pc (which happens to be flooded with FPS's)
out of all tha systems u got ,which one u play tha most,honestly,im jus wonderin cuz i got an xbox n gamecube n im thinkin bout gettin a ps2

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Thirteen

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2004, 10:14:14 PM »

out of all tha systems u got ,which one u play tha most,honestly,im jus wonderin cuz i got an xbox n gamecube n im thinkin bout gettin a ps2

i go through phases but honestly it's been mostly Xbox until i get GTA...last 5 or 6 games i've bought have been for Xbox; Fable, Star Wars Battlefront, MK Deception, Def Jam Fight For NY, Midway Arcade Treasures 2....

and after GTA i plan on getting Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2 and Resident Evil 4