Author Topic: Name Trauma's pics, (No Cheating!)  (Read 538 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Name Trauma's pics, (No Cheating!)
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 05:51:35 PM »
Avatar is Conway Twitty, he was kind of like a country 'heart throb', tons of hits, great singer.

First is Willie Nelson, wrote the biggest country song of all time, "Crazy"

Second is George Strait, has 50 number 1 hits, biggest star ever in country.

Third is Patsy Cline, one of the greatest female vocalists of all time, tragically died early, sang "Crazy"

Fourth is Johnny Cash, amazing artist

Fifth would be Hank Williams, pretty much 'the father' of modern country music

Sixth would be George Jones, greatest country voice of all time.

Oh, and none of you named songs!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 05:54:42 PM »
Fourth is Johnny Cash, amazing artist

:sign_werd:

Man, my Pops and I are always lending each other Johnny Cash music. LOL, it's real wierd.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 05:55:44 PM »
Fuck 'em up with a Charley Pride pic. :)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 05:58:41 PM »

;D

Charley Pride is fucking great.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 06:01:52 PM »

;D

Charley Pride is fucking great.
No Lincoln, you're fucking great! ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 06:41:05 PM »

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 09:03:33 PM »
The best thing about this thread, unless someone cheated, is that Willie Nelson is recognizable simply because of his guitar strap.  You can't see his face or hair in the picture, but his guitar strap is instantly recognizable, even though it's on an electric guitar, which most people don't even realize he plays, since he always has his old trusty acoustic with him. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually I could see the long braid coming down his right shoulder.

As for Songs by the artists:

Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain

George Strait - Baby Your Baby

Patsy Cline - I Fall To Peices

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues  ("I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die") what a thug this guy was!

Hank Williams - Long Gone Lonsome Blues                      My favourite by him

George Jones - Choices (off of Cold Hard Truth)

Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 10:55:56 AM »
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues  ("I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die") what a thug this guy was!

That's seriously one of the greatest songs and lines of all time.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 11:16:21 AM »

yeah, i luv that line

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 11:23:16 AM »

yeah, i luv that line

I've actually heard that that was the first song ever to contain a line about killing someone.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 11:26:54 AM »
^ could be. at least the first officially released 'pop' song in the US i guess. and on top of that it's one of the mosty cynical and wittiest lines about killing somebody ever

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2004, 11:34:56 AM »
^ could be. at least the first officially released 'pop' song in the US i guess. and on top of that it's one of the mosty cynical and wittiest lines about killing somebody ever

Well it's pretty old, 1956, so for sure at least pop song in the US. The whole song has great lyrics:

I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.
But that train keeps rollin' on down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby, my mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy; don't ever play with guns."
But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
When I hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folk eatin' in a fancy dining car.
They're prob'ly drinkin' coffee and smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin', I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a movin', and that's what tortures me.

Well, if they freed me from this prison, if that railroad train was mine,
I bet I'd move on over a little farther down the line,
Far from Folsom Prison, that's where I want to stay,
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2004, 11:36:56 AM »
word. i'm not into johnny cash's music alot personally, but that's just my taste...lyrics are very good. what's funny is how this one famous line seems so laconic and thew rest of the song is pretty emotional

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2004, 12:07:19 PM »
word. i'm not into johnny cash's music alot personally, but that's just my taste...lyrics are very good. what's funny is how this one famous line seems so laconic and thew rest of the song is pretty emotional

Yeah, but I think that what he was going for. It's that line that sets up a more serious subject. Maybe it's his way of saying that we need to be careful of how something we take in a laid back way could destroy our life.... or maybe I'm looking waaaaaaaaaay to deep into it.

Paris