Author Topic: wrestlers dying during or after matches?  (Read 366 times)

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: wrestlers dying during or after matches?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 05:47:39 AM »
"I'm not trying to rag on the Hulkster, but he never did any moves that could have really hurt anybody. Besides, he KO'ed Inoki in Japan with a lariat."

yeah i heard a lot of stuff about that  , I also heard that the yakuza threatened Inoki so he faked being KO'ed or whatever , weird shit

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 08:27:38 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The story I heard was that Inoki was supposed to win, but a surprise fuck up by the Hulkster knocked out Antonio and and good ol' Terry Gene got the win. I'm surprised Hulk made out of their alive. Inoki in Japan was way bigger than Hogan ever was in the States. Shit, Inoki in Japan was bigger than Tom Cruise ever was in the states. That guy is a national treasure.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 10:25:21 AM »
Inoki is God like in Japan and the head of one of my favorite wrestling companys ever in New Japan , but man he's been doing some stupid shit like putting one oh his biggest stars (Nagata) in a shoot fight against Mirko Cro Cop off all people , i mean why not just throw him in the ocean and tell him to wrestle a great white shark.
Inoki's old matches are cool though , I've seen quite a few on The wrestling channel ,it's a different style then what I'm use to but still good

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 01:25:34 PM »
Inoki is God like in Japan and the head of one of my favorite wrestling companys ever in New Japan , but man he's been doing some stupid shit like putting one oh his biggest stars (Nagata) in a shoot fight against Mirko Cro Cop off all people , i mean why not just throw him in the ocean and tell him to wrestle a great white shark.
Inoki's old matches are cool though , I've seen quite a few on The wrestling channel ,it's a different style then what I'm use to but still good

Did they fight yet?

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 07:24:06 AM »
"Did they fight yet?"

yeah that happened quite a while ago (not sure of the date) but Nagata got KO'd pretty early.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 07:30:08 AM »
All the new guys are dangerous so it will be a matter of time before another wrestler dies in the ring.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 05:46:51 AM »
"All the new guys are dangerous so it will be a matter of time before another wrestler dies in the ring."

yeah that's a problem , they're hiring roided up muscle heads who can't wrestle , sure the matches won't be good and they'll never draw money based on muscle alone , but they're FUCKING dangerous in the ring , Stevie Richards wrestled Heindenreich TWICE last year and got injured in BOTH matches , come on now....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 08:06:01 AM »
The problem is that Vince doesn't seem to care anymore. He's always made stupid decisions, but this year is looking like WCW '98. If it gets to WCW '99, then we are in trouble. There is no one else out there to compete with him. Wrestling is in a rut right now and no one wants to stick their foot in. Those with the ability to make a good company don't have the money, and those with the money don't have the ability. If a rich guy were to start a promotion and hire Heyman, Patterson, and Cornette to run the creative then Vince would be in trouble and have to start working over time. He'd realize that the push HHH is getting is a complete joke and he'd have to make new stars.