Author Topic: Sadat X Interview - Dubcnn Exclusive!!  (Read 608 times)

jonathandubcnn

Sadat X Interview - Dubcnn Exclusive!!
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »

Once again, we’re here to talk to another one of hip-hop's lyrical geniuses, Sadat X. In case you've been living under a rock for the last 15 years or so, Sadat X is the high-pitched, pro-black, ultra-lyrical emcee from New York who is a member of hip-hop's classic collective known as Brand Nubian.

Sadat X debuted with Brand Nubian in 1989, along with two other members, Grand Puba and Lord Jamar, with the release of their single “Brand Nubian”. The single's album was later released in 1990 titled One For All. That particular album, along with others, was encouraged by the teachings of the Nation of Islam. One For All in many circles is considered to be one of the more classic albums from Brand Nubian, including 1993’s In God We Trust.

Sadat X is widely known for his controversial lyrics with alleged homophobic content in “Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down." His line, "I can freak, fly, flow, f*ck up a faggot/I don't understand their ways/I ain't down with gays" stirred up much controversy. Sadat X hasn't stopped with Brand Nubian though. He’s continued on doing his solo thing and helping in his community. In 1996, he released his first solo album titled Wild Cowboys, which featured artists such as Pete Rock and Buckwild. Sadat X’s latest album, Generation X, is another in the long line of dope projects from this legendary emcee.

Jonathan Hay and Chad Kiser sit down with the legend, Sadat X in this Dubcnn exclusive interview. Check out Sadat X at his official MySpace, and special thanks to Todd Davis for arranging this interview.

The Exclusive Sadat X Interview

As always, hit me up on MySpace and be sure to leave your feedback on our forums!

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: Sadat X Interview - Dubcnn Exclusive!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
whooaaa...

I was wonderin where the hell Sadat X went... Y'all remember The Lump Lump??? that was my jam...
Anyone got it???
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

clackclack

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »
Not that i condone being gay, its fuckin sick, but i think its funny that someone who raps about Islam, in this day and age can talk shit about anyone. Sadat X is a faggot and will forever suck dick. I bet if someone talked shit about his queer ass religion and beliefs he would be pissed, but yet he feels he has the right to talk shit about others, HE IS THE FAGGOT, quit rappin and do the world a favor and put a hole in your own head. FUCK ISLAM and all that bullshit they believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has no place in this country(USA)

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »
Y'all remember The Lump Lump
yeah..i remember
but i doubt many youngstas know about his. :-\

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 03:40:51 AM »
Dont sleep

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4auDwI7rSg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G4auDwI7rSg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs</a>

damn i never could figure out these kinda postes
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 12:12:26 AM by Rud »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 06:43:11 AM »
whooaaa...

I was wonderin where the hell Sadat X went... Y'all remember The Lump Lump??? that was my jam...
Anyone got it???
Yup indeed. One of my faves albums back then. aint listend to it for a while. I loved that song. back in 96 i belive? Aint heard that for a while. I own it. Cool track, and the Nubian remix with jamar an puba.
 I picked up black october and experiance an education( i forget the exact title) i got that EP he did also. Always like dat X, there was a period where i was sleepin on him, but i guess i wasnt really lookin at eastcoast an he pretty underground.
 iam keen to check out his new shit.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »
Not that i condone being gay, its fuckin sick, but i think its funny that someone who raps about Islam, in this day and age can talk shit about anyone. Sadat X is a faggot and will forever suck dick. I bet if someone talked shit about his queer ass religion and beliefs he would be pissed, but yet he feels he has the right to talk shit about others, HE IS THE FAGGOT, quit rappin and do the world a favor and put a hole in your own head. FUCK ISLAM and all that bullshit they believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has no place in this country(USA)

lol......^^^Pasta Playa Hata!
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Jared Tayler

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »

Hes getting arrested , very soon.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 02:08:53 AM »

Hes getting arrested , very soon.

Why?

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »

slow your roll son