Author Topic: Alexander  (Read 312 times)

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
Re: Alexander
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 03:24:28 AM »
ima go see it in few hours, ill tell u what i think then ;)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 11:51:45 AM »

Angelina Jolie, who is probably the most beautiful woman in the world (after watching this movie).  If she's not "The", she's "One of The".  She's only in a few scenes, but with even a few minutes on screen, TOTALLY outshines Ferrell, and upstages him in his own fucking movie.  When you're sitting around wondering when the next time you get to see Angelina is, and ignoring Colin on screen... there's something wrong.

they even made her look older than she really is...and still damn sexy  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 02:31:05 PM »
Shitty movie.  I love movies, but I didn't love this one, several reasons why.

The first reason is: Colin Ferrell doesnt' adequately support the Alexander character.  Earlier this year, Brad Pitt played Achilles in Troy, and did the role well, because he can support a mythical legend like that.  In modern America, Brad Pitt is every bit as famous as Achilles is.  So it works.  Colin Ferrel doesn't fill the boots of Alexander at all, he doesn't have the presence, and he doesn't have the weight an actor would need to do this role... which could POSSIBLY be overlooked, if it wasn't for....

Angelina Jolie, who is probably the most beautiful woman in the world (after watching this movie).  If she's not "The", she's "One of The".  She's only in a few scenes, but with even a few minutes on screen, TOTALLY outshines Ferrell, and upstages him in his own fucking movie.  When you're sitting around wondering when the next time you get to see Angelina is, and ignoring Colin on screen... there's something wrong.

Also, Val Kilmer, as Alexander's dad, was a much weightier and heavier figure than Colin, again fucking up the whole point of the movie.  Alexander isn't the 'great' whenever both of his parents are more interesting, more famous, and stronger than he is.  HORRIBLE casting job, if you ask me.

All the gay shit about turned my stomach.  I don't mind them mentioning it, but all these fuckin' "I Love you" scenes with him and his boyfriend were disgusting.  Sorry, that's just how I felt.  In the movie, he talks to his wife in 1 scene... and talks to his boyfriend throughout the entire movie.  Urrrgh. 

Finally, it was just boring.  Most of it was about his romantic life, and his gay romantic life at that.  There weren't even many war scenes.  Blahghghgh.  Don't pay to see it. 

see i thiink collin farrell was a good pick for the character...but if they are going to have someone like collin farrell as alexander they need to not cast bigger names as his parents (so i agree)....angelina jolie looked soo good in the movie it was awesome.

you can't say he only talked to his wife in one scene....there were a bunch of scenes with him talking to her and one of him banging her lol. there were only 6 or 7 scenes with the boyfriend....probably about equal to that of his wife....which was probably pretty accurate seeing as they were his 2 love interests.

i will also agree....a lot of it was boring

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 09:12:22 PM »
I'm not sure anybody else could have done the Alexander part, but like I said (and you did too) Angelina Jolie was too much, she was so beautiful it was distracting.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 10:26:31 PM »
I'm not sure anybody else could have done the Alexander part, but like I said (and you did too) Angelina Jolie was too much, she was so beautiful it was distracting.

Hypothetically speaking, a young Heston, Olivier, Tracy, or Cooper would do a fine job taking the attention away from Jolie. As for todays actors; well Gibson is too old, so maybe Johnny Depp, well maybe. There aren't very many great actors anymore. At least they aren't stars.

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 10:28:44 PM »
OK i saw the movie and i have to say, its not as bad as you all make it out to be, but really the WORST part was that it was so factually WRONG, they left out major points and twisted up the story A LOT. whoever that historian was he was one big dick wad. They spent too much time on shit that didnt matter in the movie too. It just felt like a huge mess. but overall, i enjoyed it because i love these types of movies like this, troy, gladiator, etc etc.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »
^ Yeah, but Troy, and Gladiator, were 2 or 3 times better than this one, so it was just hella dissapointing.  I shoulda tried for a refund.