Author Topic: More proof white artists owe a debt to African American culture  (Read 382 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
More proof white artists owe a debt to African American culture
« on: November 28, 2004, 10:37:22 PM »
There are the obvious example's like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock, who have had to turn to African American culture to remain relevant and sell records.  Alot of people don't realize that groups like the Chemical Brothers also stole their sounds from hip-hop.  If you don't believe me, listen to Dre's beat he made back in the early 90's for the DOC's "Portrait of a Masterpiece".  The influence is obvious. 

By the way, I'm not saying white artists don't have a liscence to make music, or that they can't be great at it.  Eminem was one of the last great hip-hop artists before the fall of hip-hop at the turn of the millenium.  But we must not forget that when Rolling Stones does their top 100 songs of the Century list, they are showing prejudice to their race by selecting white Rock artists, and a few token R@B artists who are soft enough for them to swallow.  Still, this prejudice is understandable, because America is predominantly a white country.  Still, this prejudice must be pointed out.

By the way, the banjo (which lead to the giutar) was one of many instruments imported from Africa during the course of slavery.  White American artists wouldn't be who they are if it hadn't of been for slavery in America.

Class is dismissed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 10:45:00 PM by Hip-Hop Is Dead »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Woodrow

Re: More proof white artists owe a debt to African American culture
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 10:47:08 PM »
Rolling Stones does their top 100 songs of the Century list, they are showing prejudice to their race by selecting white Rock artists

So Rolling Stone Magazine is a white guy?

Infinite- If hip hop is dead, why are you posting on a hip hop forum? Face it. You're a moron.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 11:12:20 PM »
There are the obvious example's like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock, who have had to turn to African American culture to remain relevant and sell records.  Alot of people don't realize that groups like the Chemical Brothers also stole their sounds from hip-hop.  If you don't believe me, listen to Dre's beat he made back in the early 90's for the DOC's "Portrait of a Masterpiece".  The influence is obvious. 

By the way, I'm not saying white artists don't have a liscence to make music, or that they can't be great at it.  Eminem was one of the last great hip-hop artists before the fall of hip-hop at the turn of the millenium.  But we must not forget that when Rolling Stones does their top 100 songs of the Century list, they are showing prejudice to their race by selecting white Rock artists, and a few token R@B artists who are soft enough for them to swallow.  Still, this prejudice is understandable, because America is predominantly a white country.  Still, this prejudice must be pointed out.

By the way, the banjo (which lead to the giutar) was one of many instruments imported from Africa during the course of slavery.  White American artists wouldn't be who they are if it hadn't of been for slavery in America.

Class is dismissed.
Have u heard of sampling ???Thats nothing new in music & hip hop is one of the genres of music which wouldnt be shit without it.Or maybe ure trying to say that only black people can sample music from other black artists???I didnt know music was a seperate "white & black" thing.& what is this quote suppeose to mean???
By the way, I'm not saying white artists don't have a liscence to make music, or that they can't be great at it.
What an ignorant post,I mean u just cant get anymore ignorant.Where did u even get that kind of idea in your head???I know ure not saying we are not allowed to make music,but where the hell did u even get an idea to even say sth like that???I can be just as ignorant as u & say sth like this "By the way, I'm not saying black artists don't have a liscence to make music, or that they can't be great at it".& when u all get so emotional about "us" doing hip hop music or whatever,remember that black people do the same things as we do & thats not only in the world of music.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 11:14:06 PM by Masta T »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 11:49:54 PM »
Just here to talk hip-hop.  I don't care about discussing your personal lives, nor do I care about discussing my own.  My personal life is elsewhere, I am here on this forum to discuss hip-hop.  No beef.  Just nostalgic about my own past, that's all this is. 

Masta T, I'm sure you were planning on saying something real deep, but you failed to find the words in your vocabulary to properly convey the message, so really, I have no idea what your counter argument was.  You can try again, maybe I just need further explanation.  I wouldn't know where to start if I was to reply to you.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 12:00:30 AM »
Your right when you say that "White Music" has taken and used elements of the black culture ("Black Music"). However you fail to mention that you can aso say that "BlackMusic" has taken from "White Music". Does Rap (Dre,Quik,Timbaland just to name a few) owe middle eastern culture a debt for all the sampling they did when that was hot?. I have no doubt that you could sit here all day if you wanted and compare what culture influenced what others cultures music. ITs music...an artform. As hard as people try to pigeonhole or label the styles or cultures or whatnot there will never be a purely white,black,asian,hispanic or whatever type of music.Its people like you that cant just enjoy the music without trying to put a label on it and keepin old stereotypes alive.

But we must not forget that when Rolling Stones does their top 100 songs of the Century list, they are showing prejudice to their race by selecting white Rock artists, and a few token R@B artists who are soft enough for them to swallow.  Still, this prejudice is understandable, because America is predominantly a white country.  Still, this prejudice must be pointed out.

Rolling Stone is biased without question. however if The Source or Vibe magazine did a poll on any subject are you gonna tell me that it wouldnt be biaased? Rolling Stone was not created with hip-hop in mind just as The Source wasnt created with country music in mind. You see at what im gettin at here?

So basically instead of pointing fingers at whos responsible for what and helping keep racial a nd musical stereotypes in place, why dont you just enjoy music for what it is? Hip-Hop or anyother music for that matte can only die if you let it...so ask yourself are you keepin it alive or helping to kill it.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 03:29:52 AM »
This is ridiculous.  Music is a consistently evolving art form, and can't be confined to specific groups or stereotypes -- everybody borrows from everyone else.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 04:13:50 AM »
Your right when you say that "White Music" has taken and used elements of the black culture ("Black Music"). However you fail to mention that you can aso say that "BlackMusic" has taken from "White Music". Does Rap (Dre,Quik,Timbaland just to name a few) owe middle eastern culture a debt for all the sampling they did when that was hot?. I have no doubt that you could sit here all day if you wanted and compare what culture influenced what others cultures music. ITs music...an artform. As hard as people try to pigeonhole or label the styles or cultures or whatnot there will never be a purely white,black,asian,hispanic or whatever type of music.Its people like you that cant just enjoy the music without trying to put a label on it and keepin old stereotypes alive.

But we must not forget that when Rolling Stones does their top 100 songs of the Century list, they are showing prejudice to their race by selecting white Rock artists, and a few token R@B artists who are soft enough for them to swallow.  Still, this prejudice is understandable, because America is predominantly a white country.  Still, this prejudice must be pointed out.

Rolling Stone is biased without question. however if The Source or Vibe magazine did a poll on any subject are you gonna tell me that it wouldnt be biaased? Rolling Stone was not created with hip-hop in mind just as The Source wasnt created with country music in mind. You see at what im gettin at here?

So basically instead of pointing fingers at whos responsible for what and helping keep racial a nd musical stereotypes in place, why dont you just enjoy music for what it is? Hip-Hop or anyother music for that matte can only die if you let it...so ask yourself are you keepin it alive or helping to kill it.

anyways, this guy is on point. don't bitch that a non-hip hop based magazine isn't including much hip hop; and we won't bitch that a 'hip hop' magazine isn't choosing rock songs.

and you're gonna bring in limp bizkit and kid rock? as if they're these great bands that anyone even gives a shit about? wow. limp bizkit and kid rock 'stole' black culture. and they're just so 'relevant' in white culture that it's something to get your panties in a bunch about.

infinite, you're a bum. get it through your thick skull that it's music. nothing more, nothing less. if you used your arguing abilities to do something productive, you might actually get somewhere. instead, you're sitting here constantly defending yourself against a group of guys that never understands what the fuck you're talking about. do something productive. stop being angry at pointless things and do something in your own life. i don't know if i've ever seen someone actually agree with any of your points.

the world is bigger than hip hop. open your eyes.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 05:40:26 AM »
my mommy used to always say only people with small minds need to use big words all the time......

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 05:52:34 AM »
lol..

god this guy is such a 'tard

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 09:22:19 AM »
Hey Infinite- The harp predates the Banjo. It dates back as far as 15,000 BC in France. Oh but I guess they stole it from blacks too. Let me ask you something; did white people create anything, or was it all stolen? Oh wait I know, white people created slavery, right?

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 09:34:11 AM »
Hey Infinite- The harp predates the Banjo. It dates back as far as 15,000 BC in France. Oh but I guess they stole it from blacks too. Let me ask you something; did white people create anything, or was it all stolen? Oh wait I know, white people created slavery, right?

Now hes gonna say "Egyptians had slaves, so yes whitey stole the idea of slavery"

-KIDRENEGADE-

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 09:46:31 AM »
first every topic is related to hardcore islamic views, now we get this bullshit. Make up another PG alias so you get banned again

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

Now hes gonna say "Egyptians had slaves, so yes whitey stole the idea of slavery"

No he will never admit that blacks had slaves, so he'll say that blacks offered their bodies to labour out of good will. Of course the head Egyptians were never proven to be black, but doesn't want to admit that.

Infinite needs a little bit of Jesus in his life.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004, 10:20:09 AM »
Just here to talk hip-hop.  I don't care about discussing your personal lives, nor do I care about discussing my own.  My personal life is elsewhere, I am here on this forum to discuss hip-hop.  No beef.  Just nostalgic about my own past, that's all this is. 

Masta T, I'm sure you were planning on saying something real deep, but you failed to find the words in your vocabulary to properly convey the message, so really, I have no idea what your counter argument was.  You can try again, maybe I just need further explanation.  I wouldn't know where to start if I was to reply to you.
Firstly,dont tell me what I was or wasnt supposed to say.Secondly,if u dont understand simple & basic english,go back to school kid.& if u really didnt understand what I said,then in other words I simply said that u are ignorant.Simple enough???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 12:24:39 PM by Masta T »

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 11:06:57 AM »

dont forget you guys.. this guy is white too..