Author Topic: Were Rumsfeld and Bush really unaware of Detainee Torture?  (Read 119 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Were Rumsfeld and Bush really unaware of Detainee Torture?
« on: December 21, 2004, 06:05:39 AM »
If they were apparently everyone else in the government did a good job of keeping it secret.  Consider this story just released today that shows the FBI had known about the abuses, and had reported as early as December 2003.

Excerpts From NY Times:

F.B.I. memorandums portray abuse of prisoners by American military personnel in Iraq that included detainees' being beaten and choked and having lit cigarettes placed in their ears, according to newly released government documents.

The documents, released Monday in connection with a lawsuit accusing the government of being complicit in torture, also include accounts by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents who said they had seen detainees in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, being chained in uncomfortable positions for up to 24 hours and left to urinate and defecate on themselves. An agent wrote that in one case a detainee who was nearly unconscious had pulled out much of his hair during the night.

The agent, whose name was deleted from the document, wrote on July 29, 2004: "On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they had urinated or defecated on themselves and had been left there for 18 24 hours or more."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/21/politics/21abuse.html?hp&ex=1103691600&en=d96e9999547b00c1&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Were Rumsfeld and Bush really unaware of Detainee Torture?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 06:11:59 AM »
i can't believe rumsfeld has lasted this long i'll give him a fortnight, but then americans politicials don't have a culture of resigning when they fuck up bad.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 06:15:00 AM »
probably not, they're too busy planning the next terrorist attack on america  ::)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 04:15:27 PM »
Messed up shit man...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »
i believe that the pres and vice pres were unaware

BUT someone had to know, one of the higher ups had to know what was going on

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 02:16:40 PM »
who gives a shit. they tried to kill us./ we caught them. they got tourtured. end of story.
they probably didnt know because they probably didnt care.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »
i believe that the pres and vice pres were unaware

BUT someone had to know, one of the higher ups had to know what was going on

lol..
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 09:28:04 PM »
who gives a shit. they tried to kill us./ we caught them. they got tourtured. end of story.
they probably didnt know because they probably didnt care.

The people in those prisons were not necessarily trying to kill us, many of them were innocents due to the nature of the way in which we selected them for inclusion in the prison.  We basically just arrested anyone we thought was suspicious and took away their right to due process.  We have due process rights in the U.S. because of the high probability for wrongful arrests if you give police the freedom to arrest, and imprison whoever they please, without consequence.  The U.S. military had the authority to arrest, and imprison anyone they pleased for safety reasons, and while this is somewhat reasonable, its not reasonable to treat people you have arrested inhumanely to the extent these people have been treated.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 11:36:47 PM »
they probably didn't know right away , it's not like there's a room full of tv's in the oval office with live footage from all camps that george bush, dick cheany, rice, and powell sit around watching making sure every single soldier is spreading truth justice and the american way......lol please. they probably knew a few before it was released to the press. I don't know why people are blaming the pres and rumsfield for this........i mean shit i can see if there was an official memo from the oval office saying "torture them rag heads"  but shit like this is bound to happen. 9 of my friends are in the marines and other armed services , after bootcamp you're not a very stable person and from what i hear there's shit that goes on worse than that WITHIN the ranks....

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

rafsta

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 04:03:17 AM »
i think Bush knew, and even condoned it...