Author Topic: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)  (Read 2346 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2004, 04:38:45 PM »
kobe sacrificed the win to take the shot

What do you mean? He took a good shot and we've seen him drain those so many times before. Have you even watched Kobe play? I don't think the Lakers could have gotten a better shot attempt than the one they took... ::)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
 i dont agree

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2004, 04:42:02 PM »
LOL, then what woulda' been a better shot than that, Mr. NBA analyst?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2004, 04:48:41 PM »
i dont agree

Kobe has to take the shot...he doesn't get paid to not score  :D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2004, 05:02:37 PM »
This was typical Kobe in my opinion. A one man show with a big "L" attatched to it. If the Lakers make the playoffs I predict a 1st round loss.

It's a one man show because the rest of the Lakers are still developing as a team...Most of these players haven't even played together until 4 months ago...They're still mending, and they're getting closer and closer to playing like a team...It's not Kobe's fault at all, he's the only one who's really with the program. He's averaging the most assists on the team as well, so there goes his "ball-hog" title. The fact of the matter is that Lakers are playing on the same level as championship contender teams, and as the season grows deeper, they will continue to improve...And there is not an "IF" the Lakers make the playoffs...PeACe

This has nothing to do with whose fault it is. Some guys are winners and some aren't. Jordan=Winner, Bird=Winner, Magic=winner, Russel=Winner, Shaq=Winner, etc. Kobe=guy who played with a winner and hasn't proved to be a winner himself yet. I've said before that I don't think Kobe has what it takes to lead a team like the greats. Larry lead a bunch of losers to first place in his rookie year, and all the way to the conference finals. Kobe is older and more experienced than Larry was at that time, he has no excuse. Lakers are in 7th and there a few teams very close to them. A playoff spot is hardly a guarantee. I'm not doubting it but I can't say they'll be there for sure.

There is a difference between a great player on a great team and a great player who makes a team great. Up until this year Kobe has been the former. Let's see if he can become the latter.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2004, 05:05:11 PM »
Jordan=Winner, Bird=Winner, Magic=winner, Russel=Winner, Shaq=Winner, etc. Kobe=guy who played with a winner and hasn't proved to be a winner himself yet.

;D
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2004, 05:13:03 PM »

A 2 points shot. ;)

acbaylove

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2004, 05:14:28 PM »
This was typical Kobe in my opinion. A one man show with a big "L" attatched to it. If the Lakers make the playoffs I predict a 1st round loss.

It's a one man show because the rest of the Lakers are still developing as a team...Most of these players haven't even played together until 4 months ago...They're still mending, and they're getting closer and closer to playing like a team...It's not Kobe's fault at all, he's the only one who's really with the program. He's averaging the most assists on the team as well, so there goes his "ball-hog" title. The fact of the matter is that Lakers are playing on the same level as championship contender teams, and as the season grows deeper, they will continue to improve...And there is not an "IF" the Lakers make the playoffs...PeACe

This has nothing to do with whose fault it is. Some guys are winners and some aren't. Jordan=Winner, Bird=Winner, Magic=winner, Russel=Winner, Shaq=Winner, etc. Kobe=guy who played with a winner and hasn't proved to be a winner himself yet. I've said before that I don't think Kobe has what it takes to lead a team like the greats. Larry lead a bunch of losers to first place in his rookie year, and all the way to the conference finals. Kobe is older and more experienced than Larry was at that time, he has no excuse. Lakers are in 7th and there a few teams very close to them. A playoff spot is hardly a guarantee. I'm not doubting it but I can't say they'll be there for sure.

There is a difference between a great player on a great team and a great player who makes a team great. Up until this year Kobe has been the former. Let's see if he can become the latter.

Why Shaq is a winner and Kobe isnt? ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2004, 06:18:07 PM »

A bunch of loser? Larry never played on a new team with players who never played together in the past...You think if Larry Bird was in Kobe's position the Lakers would be doing any better? LMAO...Kobe hasn't proved that he's a winner yet but how has Shaq? Sure, Shaq made it to the NBA Finals, but he had a star in Penny Hardaway on his team...How about 1996-1999, the 3 years Shaq couldn't make it past the first round of the playoffs, because Kobe was still developing his game...Kobe is playing his first season without Shaq, so I have no idea how you can already indicate that he's not a winner...As we've seen today, Miami could barely even put out an injured, developing Lakers in overtime, and Miami has another superstar, Dwayne Wade; the Lakers don't...Now tell me how your argument makes ANY sense?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2004, 06:19:20 PM »

A 2 points shot. ;)

With 3 seconds remaining? I don't think so...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2004, 07:50:48 PM »

A bunch of loser? Larry never played on a new team with players who never played together in the past...You think if Larry Bird was in Kobe's position the Lakers would be doing any better? LMAO...Kobe hasn't proved that he's a winner yet but how has Shaq? Sure, Shaq made it to the NBA Finals, but he had a star in Penny Hardaway on his team...How about 1996-1999, the 3 years Shaq couldn't make it past the first round of the playoffs, because Kobe was still developing his game...Kobe is playing his first season without Shaq, so I have no idea how you can already indicate that he's not a winner...As we've seen today, Miami could barely even put out an injured, developing Lakers in overtime, and Miami has another superstar, Dwayne Wade; the Lakers don't...Now tell me how your argument makes ANY sense?

Take a look at the Celtics in 79, then take a look at them in 80. A rookie Larry Bird was the only difference between 29-53 and 61-21. You can argue Shaq vs Kobe all you want, but Larry is in another level. If Shaq wins this year and Kobe doesn't make the playoffs. IF this happens I want to you stop forever.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2004, 08:13:08 PM »
uhhh shaq hasnt proved shit without Kobe on his team. he has no finals games wins w/out Kobe. so how could u call shaq a "winner" and kobe a "loser?" not real good logic

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2004, 08:59:06 PM »
uhhh shaq hasnt proved shit without Kobe on his team. he has no finals games wins w/out Kobe. so how could u call shaq a "winner" and kobe a "loser?" not real good logic

Shaq made himself a force before he met Kobe. But both of em playing together..HELPED BOTH OF THEIR careers.

I mean, Miami is #1 in the east, no matter how you look at it, #1 is #1. You can argue how if lakers were in the east they'd be #1 blah blah blah. Lakers have a record of 5-4 versus east teams, and 9-8 versus west teams.

If you don't get the win, it doens't matter. You can lose by 1 point or 20 points, it doesn't matter..you didn't get the win, and that's all that counts.

Anywayz, bottem line..Lakers and Miami gonna both make the playoffs..but i dont think either of them are making the NBA finals

btw, my cavs in the east are 6-3 versus West teams ;D...my timberwolves in the west are 12-4 versus the west..but 3-6 versus the east  :o
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 09:00:51 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2004, 09:24:25 PM »

Take a look at the Celtics in 79, then take a look at them in 80. A rookie Larry Bird was the only difference between 29-53 and 61-21. You can argue Shaq vs Kobe all you want, but Larry is in another level. If Shaq wins this year and Kobe doesn't make the playoffs. IF this happens I want to you stop forever.

You're trippin' dude...I know Bird is a legend and all, but Kobe is no doubt a future legend...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2004, 09:56:32 PM »

Because I have always believed that Shaq was the reason for the wins and Kobe could have been replaced with about 7 or 8 different guys, while Shaq could have been replaced by only Duncan. The next couple years will show if I'm right or not.

and NIK, Kobe has never shown me anything outside of a few high light reel appearances to make me think he's anywhere near Bird yet.