Author Topic: Young Grinn (Rapped with 2Pac & Ray Luv In "Strictly Dope") Shot Dead By Police  (Read 1189 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Saturday, January 29, 2005

By MARY CALLAHAN
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

****The man that was killed is Bay Area rapper Young Grinn of The Link Crew (Ray Luv's, Tupac Shakur's first partner in rhyme with Strictly Dope and co-writer of "Trapped", crew).

Rohnert Park police shot and killed a man Friday night after a car chase and then a foot pursuit through a large apartment complex, authorities said.

The man, armed with a handgun, stopped, turned and aimed at pursuing officers before he was shot, Rohnert Park police Sgt. Art Sweeney said.

He said the man, whose name wasn't immediately available, was taken to an area hospital in critical condition. Sonoma County Sheriff's Lt. Craig Wiseman said the man subsequently died.

Police didn't identify the officer involved. Sweeney said he didn't know how many shots were fired.

The circumstances were eerily similar to a Jan. 8 chase in Rohnert Park that ended with a criminal suspect being shot and wounded by police.

Sweeney said Friday's chase began after officers tried to make a routine traffic stop on Rohnert Park Expressway near Country Club Drive, a residential section of Rohnert Park.

The chase started around 10 p.m. and continued north on Country Club and east on Eleanor Avenue before the suspect, driving a dark-colored Volkswagen Passat, turned south on Snyder Lane and ran into a tree on the west side of the road.

Sweeney said officers spotted a handgun when the man got out of the car and ran into the Americana Apartments, a complex of two-story buildings.

Rohnert Park police said officers tried to stop the man with a Taser stun gun before one officer fatally wounded the man. Sweeney said a gun was recovered from the suspect.

Some witness accounts of the shooting conflicted with the police report that the man turned and aimed at officers before he was shot.

"There is no way he turned," said Matt Takes, a resident of the 90-unit complex. "He was running as fast as he could through here."

Takes and other residents said they heard two gunshots. Afterward, they said the man continued running for a short distance across a lawn before falling.

None of the witnesses mentioned the Taser, but it was unclear how much of the foot pursuit they saw.

Rohnert Park police said three other people, one male and two female, were in the car. They were taken to the police station for questioning.

Sweeney said he didn't have enough details to comment on the witness accounts.

He said the investigation was turned over to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department under a protocol for the handling of officer-involved shootings.

By department policy, the officer will be placed on paid administrative leave.

As the investigation got under way, the Passat remained on Snyder Lane, lightly damaged from the collision with the tree. Its engine was running, its headlights were on and loud music was coming from a CD player.

Police tape cordoned off the car and parts of the complex as residents gathered outside after the shooting.

It was the second officer-involved shooting in Rohnert Park this year.

On Jan. 8, police shot a 34-year-old Petaluma man after a chase through a residential area.

In that case, Rohnert Park police said Jeffrey Martin Wolf rammed two patrol cars and tried to run over an officer before being shot in the arm by Officer Daniel Lusk.

Wolf remains in the Sonoma County Jail. Rohnert Park Police Chief Tom Bullard said the shooting appeared to have been a justifiable use of force.

Rohnert Park officers have been involved in two other shootings in recent years.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

damn, thats horrible... RIP ima make a post on dubnn

acbaylove

:-\

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
its his fault, even if he dint aim at the police they had to take him out.. i dont feel bad for his death..
and lol at the car blasting music, only a black guy would still blast music, as he was getting chased by cops...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

its his fault, even if he dint aim at the police they had to take him out.. i dont feel bad for his death..
and lol at the car blasting music, only a black guy would still blast music, as he was getting chased by cops...

::) ::)

acbaylove

Man one thing is to say he deserved to go to jail, but a whole different thing is to say somebody had the right to kill him.
When you shot somebody (multiple times), you betta have a very good reason.
What's the real reason to end somebody's life in this case?

Kahz

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Man one thing is to say he deserved to go to jail, but a whole different thing is to say somebody had the right to kill him.
Are you even fucking paying attention?

From the article:

The man, armed with a handgun, stopped, turned and aimed at pursuing officers before he was shot, Rohnert Park police Sgt. Art Sweeney said.

Is that not a good enough reason for you?

Don Seer

^ if its what really happened ;)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

^^^exactly.... how many times have the cops twisted the story to make it look like they were right?

y.g.b._youngbugzy

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!

ur a dumbass white boy....

and how can anyone believe the police anyway...
my brother was recently shot seven times.in both legs the back the back an once in the back of his head...
I seen the shit on the news,as it was going on up the street
"i didnt know it was him"...
the news was saying a whole different story,"the police told them" they were chaseing a robbery suspect...
anyway...at the end of the day my brother was dead and he DIDNT have a gun on him like they said he did..he wasnt event he person they thought he was.."supposably"but thing was...my brother had just got got off parole,he just did a total of 8 years"between a one year release then went to foesome"..so he was, just as most of us on the block, or anyone who been to jail for that matter,was paranoid of the police..when the police came to carmellas lookin for a paticular person my brother left, took off running off instinc...ya you can say that was a stupid move..but he didnt know what she had in her house,hes an ex parolee,he could go down for just about anything..
"some of you will never understand that move?"but the way we grew up you better take off or you gone get busted for one thing or another,especially if the person next to you got somthin on him or her..police dont give a fuck..
they twist the facts to there benafit...my brother was unjustly killed.the cops like involved still wortoday.his case lost due to"suicide by cop"
thats how they justify'd them selves...they made the court believe that he wanted to die??
that he was acting like he had a gun...well..he had just got out the shower,he was wearing some big shorts so he was running hold his shorts...they said they thought he was holding a gun..bullshit..
crazy thing is he was shot six times while evading police...he was running through back yards and what not, it was a fourty five minute foot chase through north long beach..when he was on a roof is when he recieved his first shot to the lower back..
he got hit in his legs obviously while running,then while trying to climb a fence all shot up,
an officer from the street lookin down between the houses shot him in the head while on the fence then he just fell off...they ran up an cuff'd him and that was it...
in court i had to see the pics,fuckin sick.
and ill let it be know right NOW! this was no black or white thing..my brother was white,im white and puerto rican,
I guess he looked mexican to some because of his facial hair and bald head,the longo tattoo
accross his lower stomach,longo means LONG BEACH in spanish,they brought all tha up in court,they
made him out be banged nutt from a prison gang,
they were describing all his tatts, "he was tatted the fuck down" he had these tatts
of a bullet hole comeing in on one side of his head and the exit hole oin the other side of his head,
by his temples..
shit looked crazy cause it was real big"
they used all that shit against him...they made him look real bad.
I think them faggot ass cops were just scared of him and when they found out who it was,
they used it to there advantage..my brother was an is really know from the LB...shit went down befor my sister had died and he went back to the pen,he was kindas hook and told me watch out , and the police was gonna smoke him over some guns...this was in ninetys,he was buysin straps from the pigs and they sold him some fucked up shit, he ended up jacking them...then the shit hit the fan.
like a year after he got out the pen LBPD ends up smoking him...kinda ironic??
This shit gonna go on forever too,if any you live in LA you should come trip out on one of our march's we throw every year against police brutality,you would see how many stories there are out there that you never hear about..what because your thugged out you dont deserve to live,
man..shits fucked up..
alot of these peolpe are caught up in a lifestyle they cant escape,
so when the police kill them its "so called" justyfied,he was a banger,hustler pimp, rapper"lol but for real"
so they say we bring it on our selves.
in a sense it may be some what true, but to kill him unless he killed another is drastic.

acbaylove

Are you even fucking paying attention?

From the article:

Is that not a good enough reason for you?

LOL FOOL, DONT EVEN TRY THAT BULLSHIT WITH ME.

The man, armed with a handgun, stopped, turned and aimed at pursuing officers before he was shot, Rohnert Park police Sgt. Art Sweeney said

Dont forget WHO said that. For sure, it wasnt the rapper.

Police didn't identify the officer involved. Sweeney said he didn't know how many shots were fired.

And read that again. Kinda strange, uh?

Some witness accounts of the shooting conflicted with the police report that the man turned and aimed at officers before he was shot.

"There is no way he turned," said Matt Takes, a resident of the 90-unit complex. "He was running as fast as he could through here."

Takes and other residents said they heard two gunshots. Afterward, they said the man continued running for a short distance across a lawn before falling.

That means he was running. So there was no need to kill him.

None of the witnesses mentioned the Taser

What about that?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
* bumps "Fuck The Police" *  >:(

Y.G.B. - sorry about your bro man... stay up.  :(

peace  :grumpy:

RIP

y.g.b._youngbugzy

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
appreciated homie.
good lookin, i know alot of peeps dont care till they go thro it.
thanks for readin.
~1~

westkoastanostra

fuck wut a trippy story ... sorry bout your brother man R.I.P...My blessings go out to you and your family

PoP Da TrUnk

• Lil Geezy
R.I.P Young Grinn thas my niggas cuzzin righ there u will be missed