Author Topic: Crazy opinions that no one else is crazy enough to have except me?  (Read 694 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Crazy opinions that no one else is crazy enough to have except me?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 05:43:16 PM »
ice cube- No
nas- Yes
mc ren- No
crooked i- Yes
jay-z- No
big L- Dead
biggie- Dead
kurupt- Fuck no
rakim- no
krs-one- No
cormega- no
mobb deep- fuck no
any1 in bone thugs- no
any1 in wu tang cept capadonna- no
masta ace- no
scarface- no
andre 3000- not a rapper
dj quik- no
tragedy kadaf- noi
pharoe monch- yes
2PAC- dead
any1 in boot camp cliq- no
bad azz- no
mr cheeks of the lost boyz- lol
slick rick- no
kool g rap- no
big daddy kane- no
xzibit- no
blahzay blahzay- lol
tash- yes
redman- no
sly boogie- no
talib- no
big noyd- no
jadakiss- no
styles P- lol
kill cam'ron, not the new cam- new, old, horse or carriage = No
the doc- no voice

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »
All Eyez on Me is my fav cd ever.

3 skippables MAX

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 06:23:24 PM »

3 skippables MAX

true story there.

These kiddies today have no idea the impact that album had (and still has). Even when you listen to cats like 50 and Game.....you can tell they were very influenced from AEOM.

What made AEOM huge was the fact Pac made a double cd set (the first of its kind) who's sheer scope and versatility became an achievment in itself. He hit from all angles, as the album has really every type of track imaginable: club bangers (How Do U Want It, Thug Passion, All About U, Cali Love, etc), raw thugged out songs (Ambitionz, Cant C Me, No More Pain), songs for the ladies (Ratha be Ya Nigga, Heaven Aint Hard 2 Find), deeper and more intropsective songs (Life Goes On, I Aint Mad At Cha, Only God Can Judge Me), concept songs (Got My Mind Made Up, When We Ride, Tradin War Stories), and various classic collaberations (Got My Mind Made Up, 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted, Cali Love, etc)......

AEOM isnt the BEST rap album ever, but its definatly top 10......and at the very least, it is the most COMPLETE rap album ever made. This is the album every mainstream rapper today wants to make. An album with songs that will get rotation in the clubs but still have hot grimey cuts for the street cats, yet at the same time an album that will be marketable to the masses while STILL maintaining hip hop respect......it was really the first album to accomplish all this. Yea, Snoop sold 5 million with Doggystyle before AEOM even came out, but it didnt have the scope or all around versatility that Pac's double cd did (though part of that has to do with that Snoop is very one-dimensional compared to Pac). I was there to see both albums get released, and honestly, AEOM blew up faster than Doggystyle did. And I aint saying to be biased towards Pac....Doggystyle is one of my top 5 fav albums ever, probably just ahead of Eyez overall. But Pac's album was unreal when it came out. Snoop sold his 5 mill over some time.....Pac did those numbers in less then 2 months!! Then everyone and their momma started making double cd's after he did it.

Now, whether the impact of this album is good or bad is up for the listener to decide. Some people think the album had a negative impact on hip hop, and maybe it did....but you cant really blame Pac for that. You can only blame him for setting a standard and then all these other rappers trying to copy him instead of doing there own thing. So, it aint really his fault. Its all these other rappers trying to run with his formula  instead of coming with their own flavor.

Pac knew he needed to make an album like this. He had just got out of prison, and all eyes were literally on him. He signed to the biggest label in the industry, and since his previous album had gone #1, it was like mixing brimstone with fire. He needed to drop a career defining album that would change the game up and set his name in stone as a legend, because he knew he only had so much time left. And this was the album that did it, even if it isnt his best album.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 06:45:16 PM by I_Rock_J's_424 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »
Run the Streets, Thug Passion, Whats ya Phone Number, thats it.

- Lewis Carroll

Captain Save A HO

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2005, 07:23:41 PM »
ice cube- No - Yes, unless tray drops a album touching cubes first 2 then try and say tray is better
nas- Yes
mc ren- No
crooked i- Yes
jay-z- No
big L- Dead - so what... freestyling this line off the dome "ask beavis i get nothing but head" >>> tray dee's life
biggie- Dead... so what, still twice the rapper tray dee is
kurupt- Fuck no - 92-96 kurupt one of the best to ever do it and tray is no where near that
rakim- no - changed the game... what has tray done to do that
krs-one- No...YES
cormega- no.... YES
mobb deep- fuck no... 2 classics one near classic vs tray's one near classic
any1 in bone thugs- no... 2classics, one great album, vs trays one near classic
any1 in wu tang cept capadonna- no... yes
masta ace- no... been putting it down since 88 arguement can be made hes the most consitant to ever do it.
scarface- no..... just the king of the south... dont hear anyone calling tray that
andre 3000- not a rapper.... so he changes up for album even tho he has 2 classics dont make him a rapper anymore
dj quik- no.... hmmm i'll give you this one, but tray doesnt havent material touching quiks stuff
tragedy kadaf- noi...
pharoe monch- yes
2PAC- dead.... the GOAT
any1 in boot camp cliq- no.... enta da stage and dah shinnin, the eastsidaz first album aint touching this one
bad azz- no
mr cheeks of the lost boyz- lol
slick rick- no.... man changed the game, greatest story teller of all time
kool g rap- no.... LMFAO noo what do you mean no
big daddy kane- no... same as kool g rap
xzibit- no
blahzay blahzay- lol
tash- yes
redman- no
sly boogie- no
talib- no.. .give you this one, talib is better but his damn voice annoys me
big noyd- no
jadakiss- no... i'll give you this one too b/c jada doesnt live up to his potential on solo albums
styles P- lol... give you this one its push cuz i liek em both about the same
kill cam'ron, not the new cam- new, old, horse or carriage = No
the doc- no voice

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »
All of 2Pac albums are classic
Daz is a shitty rapper

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2005, 07:42:44 PM »
Am I the only one thinking "Whatz Ya Phone #" is the shit?
I guess that's my contribution to the thread.
Also, Knocturnal the titest (besides Crooked I) new rapper from the West, and "The Way I Am" is a great CD.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2005, 08:53:08 PM »
Mase is one of the top 10 ever

DJ Quik's beats > Dr. Dre's

"All Eyez On Me" was a weak album overall

Ali Vegas = best NY rapper EVER

"Ready 2 Die" sucks

fuck that shit bad motherfucking taste in musicc Dre beats are like in different mode then quik do disrespect i like quik but he is dj'ing for game while dre is beat making though the beat for truth hurts was the siccest beat in a while.  ali who? try Nasir he is more intellectual then ali and ready to die did suck props for that but you should be slapped witha dick in the mouth for dissing Pac AEOM was the best it still iz to me the original "Documentry" the original Blueprint and so on and so forth.oh yeah and mase fuckin sucks MASE :monkey_piss:

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2005, 08:59:30 PM »
All of 2Pac albums are classic
Daz is a shitty rapper

Im like one of the biggest Pac fans ever, but even I admit that not all his albums are classic. All the ones he put out ALIVE (2Pacalpyse Now to Makaveli) are classic, but his only arguable classic posthumous album was R U Still Down.....Still I Rise was good, but definatly not classic. UTEOT and Better Dayz COULD have been classics if they were released as originals. LTTG and Nu Mixx Klazzics were fucking wack.

2Pacalypse Now - 4.5/5
Strictly 4 My NIGGAZ - 4.5/5
Thug Life Vol.1 - 4/5
MATW - 5/5
AEOM - 5/5
7 Day Theory - 6/5 (g.o.a.t. album ever)
RUSD - 4.5/5
Still I Rise - 4/5
UTEOT - 2/5 (original album is a 4.5/5)
Better Dayz - 3/5
Resurrection OST - 4/5
Loyal To the Game - 1.5/5
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:03:45 PM by I_Rock_J's_424 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2005, 09:27:33 PM »
My crazy ass opinions.

Eminem is one of the top 15 rappers of all time.

Bizzy Bone could have, and should have been the break out star of the late 90's.

Ice Cube is honestly a greater rapper than Common, and if there wasn't all the peace talks, Cube's next dissed would have been No Vaseline 2 to Common and killed all these people that say Common is better than Cube.

The death of the westcoast was not 2Pac's death, or Suge Knight being sent to jail, or even Snoop leaving to No Limit, but it was Mack 10, WC, Xzibit and Ras Kass putting out albums that flopped sales wise in 1998.

Xzibit will release Criminal Set and be mentioned by true westcoast heads as the uncrowned King of the West.

An Xzibit/Game battle, if guns are kept out, will bring back the west like no other battle could.

Sly Boogie is the next break out star in the mainstream from the west, excluding Black Wall Street and Strong Arm Steady. Reppin' Californ-I-E muthaphukka'z

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2005, 09:46:29 PM »
Why does Game got beef with Xzibit or vice versa?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2005, 04:56:02 AM »
Alll Eyez on Me is classic. Everyone knows that.

There are 3 below average songs on their.

Whatz Ya Phone # 4/10

Check out time  5/10

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2005, 11:31:37 AM »
Alll Eyez on Me is classic. Everyone knows that.

There are 3 below average songs on their.

Whatz Ya Phone # 4/10

Check out time  5/10

u said three and only named two but any way what album that is classic dont have those fillers and still bump i like whatz your phone # and check out time ain't bad but compared to the album yeah fillers aeom is still goat.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2005, 03:24:37 PM »

Here are some of mine.

Stillmatic is Nas's best album, followed by the Lost Tapes.
Ready to Die is overrated. Mobb Deep's The Infamous and Raykwon's Cuban Linx are better albums.
Reasonable Doubt is an average album, 3 mics, highly overrated.
Mos Def's Black on Both sides is 3 mics tops, also overrated.
I don't like MOP or Kool G Rap.
De La Soul's Bahloone Mind State may be one of the best hip hop albums ever recorded and is about 20 years ahead of its time.
Gangstarr's Hard to Earn is unlistenable.
I think Kelly is hotter than Beyonce.

Stillmatic is Nas's best album, followed by the Lost Tapes.

Um, Illmatic!

Ready to Die is overrated. Mobb Deep's The Infamous and Raykwon's Cuban Linx are better albums.

Has everyone who is saying Ready To Die is overrated actually listened to it? Apart from the annoying sex, and coughing skits the album is dope from start to finish. The Infamous and Cuban Linx are better albums in my opinion as well, but to call Ready To Die overrated would be wrong in my opinion.

Reasonable Doubt is an average album, 3 mics, highly overrated.

I don't think it's a classic, but its at least 4/5.

Mos Def's Black on Both sides is 3 mics tops, also overrated.

What u been puffing on today man, BOBS is for me a classic just cause Mos is one of my favourite artists, but even looking at it objectively its at least a 4/5 album.

I don't like MOP or Kool G Rap.

I can see why people say that, but MOP + Premier = classic hiphop tracks, and he does a lot of production for them, + Kool G Rap is a pioneer.

De La Soul's Bahloone Mind State may be one of the best hip hop albums ever recorded and is about 20 years ahead of its time.

3 Feet High & Rising is better, but I do agree that album is far ahead of its time.

Gangstarr's Hard to Earn is unlistenable.

Really? Are you just kidding on this one? For me Hard to Earn is Gangstarr's best album, Premier at his best, and Guru drops dopeness throughout the whole album.

I think Kelly is hotter than Beyonce.

I do agree on this one I think she is more beautiful than Beyonce.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2005, 03:47:18 PM »
Call me crazy but imo

2Pac >>> Lil' Romeo

imo!!
NO MORE WAR