Author Topic: Anyone catch that Superbowl Halftime show that just ended?  (Read 442 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Anyone catch that Superbowl Halftime show that just ended?
« on: February 06, 2005, 05:34:20 PM »
Paul McCartney played a good show, especially considering his age. For this who missed it, he played Drive My Car, Get Back, Live & Let Die, and Hey Jude.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ecrazy

Re: Anyone catch that Superbowl Halftime show that just ended?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 05:41:07 PM »
Kinda Bore me, my Dad LOVED IT! was singing along to every song.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 07:39:43 PM »
yeh. lame ass half time show. jsut about as lame as the commercials

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 08:01:14 PM »
yeh. lame ass half time show. jsut about as lame as the commercials
word

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 09:42:56 PM »
fuck paul and the beatles and the only good commericial was the plane and budlight one so what eever pats win and shitty commercials shit

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 10:00:33 PM »
well the brad pitt commercial made up for all the wack ones

Matrix Heart

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:26:18 PM »
That shit was pitiful...I was paying more attention to the lights on stage.

And that stupid hick pre-game show didn't help.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 06:15:27 AM »
the pre-game show was fuckin stubid imo.. >:(

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 09:25:09 AM »
Damn, a lot of negativity considering one of the greatest artists of all time played some great songs.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 09:29:42 AM »
Damn, a lot of negativity considering one of the greatest artists of all time played some great songs.

I wouldn't let it get to you. This is coming from people that would rather see some God awful rapper do the Superbowl and call it amazing (rappers suck live). Not that I think it was mind blowing, but it was light years better than last year's. It's all Springsteen's fault, he keeps turning down the offer to play. :D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 09:46:15 AM »
i don't know how you guys could say that the halftime show was crap....i thought that shit was bad ass, especially when he played hey jude

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »

I wouldn't let it get to you. This is coming from people that would rather see some God awful rapper do the Superbowl and call it amazing (rappers suck live). Not that I think it was mind blowing, but it was light years better than last year's. It's all Springsteen's fault, he keeps turning down the offer to play. :D

True, I agree.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 09:48:05 AM »
i don't know how you guys could say that the halftime show was crap....i thought that shit was bad ass, especially when he played hey jude

Yeah, Hey Jude was good, but I thought Get Back was the best performance.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 10:36:38 AM »
the half time show was fuckin great!

one of my buddies didn't like it..but he's the same fag who loves Ciara music and thinks its "hard"  ::)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 10:50:04 AM »
They went for something a little less controversial this year then. Quite a surprising choice though, even though Paul McCarthy is obviously a lot better musically than anyone who performed last year, or the year before (or the year before that), they normally go for more of a showy type performance with fireworks and shit, and lots of dancing, rather than some dude singing songs by himself. Quite a refreshing change though.