Author Topic: Serious Question:  (Read 1302 times)

Trauma-san

Serious Question:
« on: February 09, 2005, 01:30:37 PM »
I need some advice. 

Say you had a doctor tell you he saw a small, tiny tumour, cancerous, in your colon.  Your family has a history of Colon Cancer... he's saying that it will grow, grow, and grow, until eventually the cancer runs through my entire body, and kills me, but it'll likely take 20 years for it to happen. 

Right now I'm perfectly healthy, everything's fine.  There's two treatment options. 

The first is, I can take chemo, which likely won't eradicate the tumour, but it's cheaper than surgery.  The tumour will still be there, likely, but it'll shrink, and the chemo (which will make me sick for a while) will take longer to grow, but eventually it will grow, and take my life.  It'll probably take 30 years, instead of the 20 years, and I'd have to do chemo pretty consantly to keep the tumour halfway under control.

The second way is, I can have a very serious major operation, very expensive, and it'll remove the tumour, and I'll be healthy for the rest of my life.  I'll also no longer have to go to the doctor for Chemo treatments, so I won't have that hanging over me. 

Opinions? Which option should I take? 

Trauma-san

Re: Serious Question:
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 01:31:34 PM »
Oh, there is a third option, too, of course.  Do nothing, and die in 20 years. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »
Surgery. Is this something that's happening to you personally right now Trauma?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »
go for the operation.

however.. how bad is the cost... ?

sounds horrible... over here the operation would be free homie :(

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 02:05:04 PM »
definetly the surgery over chemo. Get rid of it completly.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »
Now you see what I mean with "the country should stop making cuts in education & healthcare, and should stop increasing the enormous military budget"....

Anyways, I would go with option #2... go for the operation... fuck money... your life is worth every last penny... what else would you spend your money on? Money comes and goes.... '

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »

Same here. I couldn't imagine having to cover that kind of thing by myself. I've heard the US is the only G8 country without a public health care system, that's crazy with all the money they spend on the military.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 02:17:22 PM »

Same here. I couldn't imagine having to cover that kind of thing by myself. I've heard the US is the only G8 country without a public health care system, that's crazy with all the money they spend on the military.

Exactly... it's fucked up...

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 02:46:04 PM »
I'd do the surgery.  You have to think of your family aswell.  If you're a provider for your family, you have to do whats best for them aswell.   

Like Jamal said, money comes and goes.  Health is way more important.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 03:34:37 PM »
how is this even a question.. money vs. health.. deffinately do the surgery, and good luck with that

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 04:24:38 PM »
You will die less then 20 years.

You will surive MAX 10 years if you go with the third option.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 04:43:16 PM »
slit your wrists
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Matrix Heart

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »
slit your wrists
lol

Move to Canada and marry Lincoln's sister :D oh and become a democrat.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
slit your wrists
lol

Move to Canada and marry Lincoln's sister :D oh and become a democrat.

I don't have a sister.

Paris

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »
operation dude...