Author Topic: Compton or Brooklyn?  (Read 802 times)

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
Re: Compton or Brooklyn?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2005, 06:52:49 PM »
Brooklyn 4 sho

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2005, 08:14:54 PM »
talib  kweli in the place to be....
BROOKLYN

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2005, 11:09:42 PM »
i guess yall from new york or foriegn ass bitches but i ride with west coast all day this is a WEST COAST forum right. :psych: :sleep:

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2005, 11:41:27 PM »
i guess yall from new york or foriegn ass bitches but i ride with west coast all day this is a WEST COAST forum right. :psych: :sleep:

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2005, 03:43:25 AM »

you know it is possible to appreciate two different cities at the same time. :psych: :tosser:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:52:30 AM by JTPlatnum »

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2005, 06:38:20 AM »
I'd go with Brooklyn....

dunno why..

CPT i can only think of NWA (gangsta rap pioneers)...but besides that..brooklyn.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2005, 07:14:39 AM »

You gotta love all these bias people here.  They don't even try to hide it.

I'd bet if the question was "The Bay or Queens" you'd select The Bay.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2005, 10:22:54 AM »

I would take the Bay. The bay inovated hip hop and took that shit to a whole other level. I'll make my arguments later.

It's obvious you hate west coast rap. Why are you here?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2005, 10:31:28 AM »

its not a matter of bias its a matter of opinion because i can easily say "you gotta love all these bias people here.  They Dont even try to hide it.  I'd bet if question was "Queens or The Bay" you'd select Queens" .... its a matter of opinion and you are on "WESTCOAST CONNECTION" board what do you expect.....

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2005, 10:36:56 AM »
I would take the Bay. The bay inovated hip hop and took that shit to a whole other level. I'll make my arguments later.

Well your opinion is wrong.

No way in hell could you argue The Bay is more influencial than A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, LL Cool J, The Beatnuts, Run-DMC, Kool G Rap, Mobb Deep, Marley Marl, Onyx, The Lost Boyz, Cormega, Capone-N-Noreaga, 50 Cent...

It's obvious you hate west coast rap. Why are you here?

Don't be stupid.  Just because I'm not bias and blindly support the westcoast doesn't mean I hate the westcoast.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2005, 10:40:21 AM »
its not a matter of bias its a matter of opinion because i can easily say "you gotta love all these bias people here.  They Dont even try to hide it.  I'd bet if question was "Queens or The Bay" you'd select Queens" .... its a matter of opinion and you are on "WESTCOAST CONNECTION" board what do you expect.....

You are bias if you say "i ride with west coast all day" in this discussion because he's basically saying he'll pick side with the west over anything no matter what.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2005, 11:34:16 AM »
I'm not going to post album titles, I don't have that much time.

Too Short....Nuff said. 14 albums, never sold out, he's been rapping since 86, never went hollywood.
2pac....Repped the bay...nuff said.
Del the Funkee Homosapien...one of the most original and innovative lyricists in the game
E40...Innovator
Paris ...The black panther
Spice 1...been puttin it down for years
Digital Underground...The first rap group to use live instruments
Ant Banks...the best producer not named Dr. Dre or DJ Quik. He helped shape the whole west coast sound. You can't forget about peeps like Mike Mosley, Sam Bostic, Bosko and all the other producers that invented the mob sound.

To say that Queens has had more influence on hip hop than the bay is blatant disrespect of everything the bay has accomplished. How man rappers patterned their style after Too Short? How many rappers have copied Bay Area slang? 2pac the GOAT repped the bay. The whole bay blueprint has been used by everybody, including LA, Chicago, the South, and NY.

I haven't even gotten to peeps like the Luniz or Souls of Mischief, Richie Rich, Rappin 4 Tay, Saafir, etc etc etc

Sorry you're wrong and you have no reason to call anyone biased on here.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2005, 12:30:33 PM »
So basically Too Short and 2Pac is all you could come up with.  People like Del and Ant Banks haven't done shit for hip-hop compared to Run-DMC and Tribe.  Most people don't even know who they are.

You can say your personal perfrence is Bay area artists and that's fine, but you're just being silly saying they've been more influencail than aritsts from Queens. 
Anyone saying otherwise is just ignorant or bias. 

Okka

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2005, 01:10:54 PM »
Compton...

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2005, 02:37:46 PM »
I'm not going to post album titles, I don't have that much time.

Too Short....Nuff said. 14 albums, never sold out, he's been rapping since 86, never went hollywood.
2pac....Repped the bay...nuff said.
Del the Funkee Homosapien...one of the most original and innovative lyricists in the game
E40...Innovator
Paris ...The black panther
Spice 1...been puttin it down for years
Digital Underground...The first rap group to use live instruments
Ant Banks...the best producer not named Dr. Dre or DJ Quik. He helped shape the whole west coast sound. You can't forget about peeps like Mike Mosley, Sam Bostic, Bosko and all the other producers that invented the mob sound.

To say that Queens has had more influence on hip hop than the bay is blatant disrespect of everything the bay has accomplished. How man rappers patterned their style after Too Short? How many rappers have copied Bay Area slang? 2pac the GOAT repped the bay. The whole bay blueprint has been used by everybody, including LA, Chicago, the South, and NY.

I haven't even gotten to peeps like the Luniz or Souls of Mischief, Richie Rich, Rappin 4 Tay, Saafir, etc etc etc

Sorry you're wrong and you have no reason to call anyone biased on here.

it would be hard to say who's better cause in the end that's a matter of opinion but as far as influence is concerned this isn't really a question. It's not really about who keeps it real, it's about who made rap what it is, and you don't wanna tell me those artists you mentioned compete with Run-DMC when it comes to that. Quality doesn't mean influence

I like the west a lil better than the east but let's face facts