Author Topic: World Soccer Winning ELeven 8 (Xbox)  (Read 317 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
World Soccer Winning ELeven 8 (Xbox)
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:42:55 AM »
This game is great...but god damn is it hard to play...this is my first time playing a non-fifa soccer game for a while...the master league is pretty sweet, but they should've had more options, like starting in third division and more teams (way better than FIfa)i didn't score my first goal till my 6th game into the season(also was my first win), and that was a penelty shot. I scored a real goal my 7th game.

All and all./..this game is WAY better than Fifa...fifa was more dumb down soccer...this one actually feels like your playing soccer (becuase of the controls and the way the players handle the ball)

anyone else played this or a previous version?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: World Soccer Winning ELeven 8 (Xbox)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 04:42:15 PM »
imma prolly get this game. Winning eleven games r always betta then fifa games

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »
winning eleven is pretty much the same as Pro Evolution Soccer  isn't it??

pro ev >>>> fifa
NO MORE WAR

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:13:46 PM »
that series is so awesome.. itīs a pitty that most people only play fifa... Iīm hooked since the last part because I never even heard of it before that..  you just gotta love this game except maybe for one flaw... the goalies .. sometimes they just stand around and the dumbest goals happen... like a really really slow ball just rolls into the goal because the goalie stands there and watches the action.. lol  that is very annoying I think because to me it only happens when Iīm leading 1-0 and because of that just get a draw or even lose or so.. but that doesnīt happen that often so its ok... and besides that there isnīt one thing I donīt like...

Iīm playing with a friend of mine the ML since the alst part ... him and me in one team..  with another human player it gets even better... and dont get me started about the mini tournaments that I do with my friends.. lol

that game is worth every dollar/euro/yen   really... anyone thats interested in a football game should pick this up...

winning eleven is pretty much the same as Pro Evolution Soccer  isn't it??

pro ev >>>> fifa

Itīs the same...
WE 8 = PES 4

Iīm just not too sure what the Winning Elevenīs 1 - 4 were... maybe they were the equivalent of International Superstar Soccer.. cause as far as i know there once was a International Superstar Soccer: Pro Evolution which started the PES series in Europe... but dunno.. I could be completly false on this one... and I donīt wanna look it up right now.. lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 05:17:57 PM by daWappla »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »
that series is so awesome.. itīs a pitty that most people only play fifa... Iīm hooked since the last part because I never even heard of it before that..  you just gotta love this game except maybe for one flaw... the goalies .. sometimes they just stand around and the dumbest goals happen... like a really really slow ball just rolls into the goal because the goalie stands there and watches the action.. lol  that is very annoying I think because to me it only happens when Iīm leading 1-0 and because of that just get a draw or even lose or so.. but that doesnīt happen that often so its ok... and besides that there isnīt one thing I donīt like...

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS..its happen to me twice..and becuase i suck at the game..it really hurts...it takes me forever to score one goal...and when a weak one goes in..i just turn off my xbox becuase im so pissed off i could cry lol....this game gets to ya

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 05:57:28 PM »
... man did you edit your first post or Iīm I too drunk that I forgot the half.. but regarding the penalties.. thats also some crazy stuff... a few times I had several penalties in one game.. thats one thing that bothered me too but that doesnīt happen anymore.. man the more I think about it the more stuff I could write.. lol ... one thing that also happens to me all the time is every single shit is called a foul when itīs done by one of my players but when the cpu fouls and clotheslines (lol) my players and the ref doesnīt even do shit.. lol

I feel you on that xbox turning off stuff... it really gets to you.. but thats where the game also rewards you for nice plays because you can say "hey thats nice.. i wanted that to turn out like that"... in the ML were I play with my friend we were in one game which we won 3:0 or so... clear victory.. 5 minutes before the end the cpu fouls our striker and now heīs out of action for like 35 weeks.. LOL ... I wanted to throw that fucking pad away...

but btw .. with those stupid goalies... there is the possibility that you can control him.. you just have to activate that in the player settings... then you can control the golaie when u press certain buttons in your half.. that helps sometimes but most of the times it only harms me.. lol

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 06:37:40 AM »
^^^^ lmao @ 35 weeks  :D :D :D :D :D
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 07:47:16 AM »
On the history of the series:

Winning Eleven series in Japan is the Jap/US eqvilant of the Playstation games Iss Pro, Iss Pro 98, and then Iss Pro:Evolution 1 & 2. After Iss Pro:Evolution the series then became Pro Evolution Soccer, and there has now been 4 Pro Evolution Soccers.

Then there is Jikkyou World Soccer which is the Jap eqvilant of the International Superstar soccer games that were on the N64 in europe, and have now appeared on PS2, GC and XBOX in this generation of consoles.

Back to the game:

Pro Evo/Winning Eleven is so far ahead of FIFA its unreal. The game actually plays like real football. The goalies are sometimes a bit shit, but that happens in real football as well, and if you use the triangle (on PS2, dunno which X Box button it is) you can make your goalie charge out towards the ball, which helps when the opposition plays through balls to get one-on-one with the keeper. What difficulty are you guys having trouble scoring on?

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »
I only have troubles scoring goals on 4 stars from time to time... because to me it seems as if 5 and even 6 stars are easier than 4 stars...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »

Pro Evo/Winning Eleven is so far ahead of FIFA its unreal. The game actually plays like real football. The goalies are sometimes a bit shit, but that happens in real football as well, and if you use the triangle (on PS2, dunno which X Box button it is) you can make your goalie charge out towards the ball, which helps when the opposition plays through balls to get one-on-one with the keeper. What difficulty are you guys having trouble scoring on?

im on 3 star out of 5..and the game is hard lol...the only time i can score is when the defence breaks down...basically i dont do anything but capitalize on their mistake...so i think thats kinda awsome, but dumb at the same time...maybe thats just becuase im horrible at the game...i've only had one goal where i've scored from a cross..that was sweet

or it could be i play master league and all my players are unknown...and i have like 5 starters below the age of 24 and the skill level aint there..but they learn quick..thats also whats sweet about this game..almost reminds me of Championship Manager

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 11:42:47 AM »
i must be sad as fuck coz i play it on   * * * * * *    and never lose.  :-[ :-[
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »

im on 3 star out of 5..and the game is hard lol...the only time i can score is when the defence breaks down...basically i dont do anything but capitalize on their mistake...so i think thats kinda awsome, but dumb at the same time...maybe thats just becuase im horrible at the game...i've only had one goal where i've scored from a cross..that was sweet

or it could be i play master league and all my players are unknown...and i have like 5 starters below the age of 24 and the skill level aint there..but they learn quick..thats also whats sweet about this game..almost reminds me of Championship Manager

I'd just start off straight away with five star, and try and master the game that way. I think starting on 3, once you eventually get good at that, you still won't be up to 5 standard, so you might as well start on 5, and learn the game the hard way. The first year of master league is pretty hard though to be fair, none of the players are really good enough for you to do anything but scrape enough 1-0's to get some money in order to get some of the free transfer guys for the second season. Just try and not concede if you can and then hope you get some goals at the other end. If you decide to start again on 5 stars try getting players like Fabregas and Clichy from Arsenal if you can afford them, cause they will improve very quickly, and might actually be interested in joining you at the start.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »

I'd just start off straight away with five star, and try and master the game that way. I think starting on 3, once you eventually get good at that, you still won't be up to 5 standard, so you might as well start on 5, and learn the game the hard way. The first year of master league is pretty hard though to be fair, none of the players are really good enough for you to do anything but scrape enough 1-0's to get some money in order to get some of the free transfer guys for the second season. Just try and not concede if you can and then hope you get some goals at the other end. If you decide to start again on 5 stars try getting players like Fabregas and Clichy from Arsenal if you can afford them, cause they will improve very quickly, and might actually be interested in joining you at the start.

yeh id go with that, sounds crazy but throw yaself in at the deep end  play on 5 stars  then when u get 6 star play it on that  u get much better much faster rather than playing 1 then 2 then 3 and so on...
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 06:34:34 PM »

I dont want to start all over agian...but I guess I should..might aswell, i bought the game..i got time to improve hehe...might be two-three seasons before i score my first goal lol

its funny cuz in fifa, even on the hardest level..i was still doing good

Edit: Started over, 5 stars, created a new team, took away 3 players..bought 3 18 years olds....one being ROoney ;D...it took my 2' minutes (game time) too score my first goal ;D...im into my 4th game..havn't scored since  >:( (but have only lost 1 game..won 1 game)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 09:01:43 PM by eS El Duque »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 04:18:27 PM »
How are you guys getting on with the game now?