Poll

which was better?

Real Brothas
18 (20%)
Dogg Food
72 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Real Brothas or Dogg FOOD  (Read 970 times)

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Real Brothas or Dogg FOOD
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2005, 11:08:08 AM »
I believe if put against each other Real Brothas Wins but Dogg Food got a better replay value(A lot better)
United Arab States

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2005, 11:36:31 AM »
I believe if put against each other Real Brothas Wins but Dogg Food got a better replay value(A lot better)

ultimately it's about taste.  i listen to real brothas more than dogg food to this day.  both are great albums.  "real brothas" is the only album from b.g. knocc out & dresta, plus maybe a dozen or two or so cameo's they've done over the years.  when i want to hear knocc out & dresta, i'll probably listen to real brothas.  in contrast, dogg food isn't the best work by the pound, but it also isn't close to their worst.  when i want to hear dpg i'll listening to some blend of "kuruption", "streets iz a mutha" and "revenge, retaliation & get back"...plus other stuff.  other than "new york, new york" or "smooth" there aren't a whole bunch of songs on "dogg food" i feel i need to hear regularly.  "dogg food" is just a weird album because dpg has better material out there and over the years, but it's still much better than their recent work over the past 5 years, so you'll listen to it and think they've fallen off and you aren't even listening to their best work.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

smp4life

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2005, 12:09:10 PM »
Dogg Food is over-rated. But the proplem with RB is that A) the production is a little on the generic side, and some of the hooks sucked, and went on too long. There were some 5 min songs on RB that could've been pared down to 4 min easy. Also RB didn't have any guests. DF had Snoop, Nate, etc...

Also, Def Jam dropped the ball on pushing a westcoast act like BGKO & Dresta.

So in short I voted DF.

smp4life

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2005, 12:10:51 PM »
Also, I wouldn't rate either album as CLASSIC.

The only Dogg Pound related album (beside's snoop's) that I would rate as a classic is Kurupt's "Streetz iz a Mutha (with Calling out Names)"