Author Topic: WWE Signs Marty Janetty  (Read 414 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: WWE Signs Marty Janetty
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 01:46:37 PM »
*wants whatever old WCW writers were smoking*

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »
LOL kinda shitty move. i'd rather see the WWE push new and up and coming stars rather than an old washed up wrestler. But he did impress me with his match against Kurt Angle.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2005, 03:09:58 PM »
The Rockers were always ahead of their time. If you check out their matches from 1990-1991, they had some incredible ones. I was always a huge fan, so this reunion stuff is pretty awesome, in my opinion. Jannetty was always a solid worker, so hopefully he'll have a good run and help some of the young cats out.  8)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2005, 02:01:47 PM »
that shockmaster video isn't working it's only the audio, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 07:44:35 PM »

..works just fine for me... might be a issue with the codecs on your pc... but don´t ask me about it...
try looking for .avi codecs and install them but I don´t really have no clue about that besides that I know it might have something to do with codes.. lol

anyway... I try to break the action down for you...

...the video starts with an interview... Sting, Davey Boy, Sid and Harlem of Heat are standing there... WCW probably planned a six man tag team match with Sid and the Heat on the one side versus Sting Bulldog and their ultimate weapon the Shockmaster .. then you can hear Sting announcing the Shockmaster.. that´s the point where the action starts... the Shockmaster is the same person that used to portray Tugboat in WWF... and he´s wearing a painted Star Wars Storm Troopers mask (no joke) ... the camera films a wall where the Shockmaster breaks through ... but all of a sudden he falls down... in that process he loses his mask... it just slips off of his head... so he picks it up , stands up and acts like nothing happened... LOL

... as far as I know that debut was planned to be a huge thing and I don´t know what... weeks of buildup and so on... then that happens... I even read that the speech the Shockmaster held came from tape and that it just came over really poor.. lol

You just gotta love WCW for those actions...

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »

By the way Kane is considered to be one of the best wrestlers who are big.

No he isn't. Terry Gordy, Bam Bam Bigelow, Vader, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Giant Baba, Ray Taylor in his early years, and maybe Blackjack Mulligan. Kane is in the same boat as Sid, Undertaker, Big Show, Snitzky, Ron Reese, and JBL. Big men who suck in the ring. I don't know anyone who considers Kane a good worker, outside of you.

Back at the Armmageddon PPV when it was Kane vs Goldberg vs HHH most people say Kane made that match because he looked & worked the best out of tose three.
The Undertaker is considered to be one of the greatest big men wrestlers of all time by legends of the business like Bret Hart. "Undertaker.  Despite his Frankenstein gimmick, Mark Callaway is a solid, convincing, steady, reliable wrestler."
When Bret was taking about some of the greats of the 20th century none of the big men you mentioned are on his list. He put Undertaker with the likes of Pipper, Henning, Dynamite Kid, Dory Funk Jr, Nelson Royal, Buddy Rogers, Leo Burke, Archie The Stomper Gouldie, Harley Race, Cowboy Bob Orton, Perdro Morales, Antonio Inoki. And he says Kurt Angle is the best today.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2005, 08:37:49 AM »

No he isn't. Terry Gordy, Bam Bam Bigelow, Vader, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Giant Baba, Ray Taylor in his early years, and maybe Blackjack Mulligan. Kane is in the same boat as Sid, Undertaker, Big Show, Snitzky, Ron Reese, and JBL. Big men who suck in the ring. I don't know anyone who considers Kane a good worker, outside of you.

Back at the Armmageddon PPV when it was Kane vs Goldberg vs HHH most people say Kane made that match because he looked & worked the best out of tose three.
The Undertaker is considered to be one of the greatest big men wrestlers of all time by legends of the business like Bret Hart. "Undertaker.  Despite his Frankenstein gimmick, Mark Callaway is a solid, convincing, steady, reliable wrestler."
When Bret was taking about some of the greats of the 20th century none of the big men you mentioned are on his list. He put Undertaker with the likes of Pipper, Henning, Dynamite Kid, Dory Funk Jr, Nelson Royal, Buddy Rogers, Leo Burke, Archie The Stomper Gouldie, Harley Race, Cowboy Bob Orton, Perdro Morales, Antonio Inoki. And he says Kurt Angle is the best today.

All I know is that when Kane or Taker are in their with average or bad wrestlers, the matches suck. If Taker was so good then his championship match with JBL wouldn't have sucked so bad. The crowd was doing the wave during the match just keep themselves entertained. As for Kane, watch how avergae his match with Benoit was from last year. If Benoit is in a bad match then that means his opponent is really bad. Of course Bret is going to praise Taker since they're friends and Taker was ready to back him after the screw job in Montreal.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2005, 09:31:32 AM »

the vid didnt work for me either when i selected open, but when i selected save, it did. try that plz

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2005, 11:41:38 PM »

All I know is that when Kane or Taker are in their with average or bad wrestlers, the matches suck. If Taker was so good then his championship match with JBL wouldn't have sucked so bad. The crowd was doing the wave during the match just keep themselves entertained. As for Kane, watch how avergae his match with Benoit was from last year. If Benoit is in a bad match then that means his opponent is really bad. Of course Bret is going to praise Taker since they're friends and Taker was ready to back him after the screw job in Montreal.

Obvisously you didn't see any of his Hell in the Cell matches. And Taker must still be doing something right because he's the most popular guy in the WWE. Ric Flair even says Taker was one of the best big men ever.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2005, 07:14:02 AM »

Obvisously you didn't see any of his Hell in the Cell matches. And Taker must still be doing something right because he's the most popular guy in the WWE. Ric Flair even says Taker was one of the best big men ever.

Hell in a cell was a gimmick match, and the first time he was in there with HBK would carried the whole match. The second time it was Foley who bumbed around so much there is no way the match would not be entertaining. Taker is not THE most popular guy right now, it's between Cena, or Flair. Taker just seems more over because of his rare appearances. Just because he is over doesn't mean he's good in the ring. Hogan was nevcer that great and neither was Warrior. McMahon sucks in the ring but he's over huge everytime he comes out. Ric Flair also says HHH is the greatest wrestler alive today, and in interviews calls him one of the best ever.

Are you telling me that when you watch his matches with Booker, JBL, Heidenreich, Dupree, etc, you think this guy can work in the ring. He lives off of gimmick spots. Eddy is a great wrestler. Benoit is a great wrestler. Angle is a great wrestler (not as great as he was before his neck injury). Taker is a big fat gimmick with little wrrestling skill.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »

Hell in a cell was a gimmick match, and the first time he was in there with HBK would carried the whole match. The second time it was Foley who bumbed around so much there is no way the match would not be entertaining. Taker is not THE most popular guy right now, it's between Cena, or Flair. Taker just seems more over because of his rare appearances. Just because he is over doesn't mean he's good in the ring. Hogan was nevcer that great and neither was Warrior. McMahon sucks in the ring but he's over huge everytime he comes out. Ric Flair also says HHH is the greatest wrestler alive today, and in interviews calls him one of the best ever.

Are you telling me that when you watch his matches with Booker, JBL, Heidenreich, Dupree, etc, you think this guy can work in the ring. He lives off of gimmick spots. Eddy is a great wrestler. Benoit is a great wrestler. Angle is a great wrestler (not as great as he was before his neck injury). Taker is a big fat gimmick with little wrrestling skill.

Flair is not one of the most popular guys. The Undertaker is the most popular guy in he WWE followed by Cena & Batista. I never said that FLair said that Taker was the best ever. I said Flair siad Taker was one of the best big men ever. And if Taker is as bad as you say he is than how come ever person who in the wrestling business or even knows a damn thing about wrestling all think other wise.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »
is it just me or does anyone else think batista sucks, and i think it'll be a shame if or when he wins the title at wrestlemania...also, did anyone see sensational sherri come out the other night with angle, what's with all the oldies coming back, i love it, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2005, 03:59:51 PM »

Flair is not one of the most popular guys. The Undertaker is the most popular guy in he WWE followed by Cena & Batista. I never said that FLair said that Taker was the best ever. I said Flair siad Taker was one of the best big men ever. And if Taker is as bad as you say he is than how come ever person who in the wrestling business or even knows a damn thing about wrestling all think other wise.

You don't think Flair is one of the most popular? The guy is a heel and everyone time he even appears on the screen all I hear is "whoooooo", both on TV and when I'm there live.

As for Taker, I'm not sure what wrestling experts you're referring to but every wrestling forum I've been to doesn't think Taker's workrate is anything past average on his best night, and terrible on his worst. Every wrestling fan I know thinks the same. Dave Meltzer shares that same opinion, and Dave is far more of an authority than you or I.

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2005, 04:07:29 PM »
cant believe so many ppl like wrestling .. its not even wrestling anymore its a fuckin talk show
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2005, 06:23:52 PM »
cant believe so many ppl like wrestling .. its not even wrestling anymore its a fuckin talk show

I know, it's hard, but it's habit. I try and watch a lot of Japanese wrestling. That's where it's at for "wrestling" fans. At least for pro wrestling. I've recently heard about a promotion called RPW (Real Pro Wrestling) about to come out, and it's going to be real wrestling like it was back in the early 1900s, when it was George Hackenschmidt and Frank Gotch. It's not as fast and entertaining, but if you understand it it's amazing. I hope it really takes off.