Author Topic: heres what xzibit said.....  (Read 886 times)

Elevz

Re: heres what exzibit said.....
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 03:11:30 AM »
You know it, i know it, everyone knows it - Game is new to the game, the only reason he even sold 1 record is because of his association with 50 cent. 

If 50 gave me a record deal i would sell thousands of albums just because i would be in the spot light and the public is hungry for rap - even if it is shit.  With that in mind i cant rap, yet my association with 50 would sell albums...  just think about it for a minute and you'll see what im getting at.

He's just another "pop rapper" out to make money and get somewhere because of his associations, he didnt work his way up from the street like the original rappers - he's nothing in my books.

*waits for people to flame me, but think about it, its all true*

Well... I do think Game could have gone platinum without 50, but there's no way he would have gone platinum without Dre on his side. That will also be the reason why Bishop Lamont one day will go platinum if he gets his album out on Aftermath. It's true, it's all about the connections.

Just tell me, how did Game NOT work his way up from the streets? He just got himself hooked up with the perfect connections... Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine and at the end of the day 50 Cent. Don't blame him for making smart moves, career wise. If you could sell 50.000 and be a underground artist, or work yourself up into the pop industry and catch the spotlights along with the big artists and sell a couple million... What would you do?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 03:48:25 AM »
real talk X to the Z. and props on the interview too.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

'EclipZe

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 04:00:39 AM »

Chad

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 04:45:29 AM »
Granted, Game shouldn't be talking as much shit as he is right now, like he been in the game for years.  But, in business, it's all about networking & associating to move up.  That's in all business, not just the record business.  So I gotta give Game props for hooking up with the best (Dre) and making things happen.  Insted of sittin' on his ass waitin' for somebody else & then bitchin' that nobody's helping him, he went out and made shit happen.
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 05:02:56 AM »
You know it, i know it, everyone knows it - Game is new to the game, the only reason he even sold 1 record is because of his association with 50 cent. 

If 50 gave me a record deal i would sell thousands of albums just because i would be in the spot light and the public is hungry for rap - even if it is shit.  With that in mind i cant rap, yet my association with 50 would sell albums...  just think about it for a minute and you'll see what im getting at.

He's just another "pop rapper" out to make money and get somewhere because of his associations, he didnt work his way up from the street like the original rappers - he's nothing in my books.

*waits for people to flame me, but think about it, its all true*

Game's Dr. Dre affiliation would've been enough to get him to Platinum so you can get that one out ya head...........50 Cent & G-Unit did help but his buzz started when it was released on tha internet that Dr. Dre signed and new rapper to Aftermath Records and he's from Dre's hometown Compton.
After this announcement people started lookin' to hear his music coz they knew what happened when people found out Feminem is signed to Aftermath.
 Another thing is all theses Underground rappers wish they could be making tha money tha Commercial rappers are making.
I'm disappointed witt Game for his remarks towards Xzibit coz i'm an Xzibit fan aswell as a Game fan, i'll put Xzibit over Game any day of tha week. who are we to get mad that Game is a new artist who's dissin' vets?
 Other rappers came in an dissed vets and nobody said they need to shut up...............50 cent, Lil' Cease, Lil' Kim, Nelly ect...did tha same thing but i didn't see people making a big deal over it . Stop being biased it will get you nowhere........

Xzibit>>>>>The Game
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:04:31 AM by doubletrouble »

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 05:04:34 AM »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »
^^ I wouldn't go that far, Game did grind alot, on some mixtape shit, before G-Unit.

He does have some dope songs, I like his flow, etc etc.

However, I completely agree that his sudden superstar fame is due alot to his assosciation with 50/G-Unit. But hey, more power to him, I hope he goes on to do big things.

His diss to X was very unnecessary though, I don't know why he would say that kind of shit.

True.

xzibitcentral.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2005, 05:32:31 AM »
Just tell me, how did Game NOT work his way up from the streets? He just got himself hooked up with the perfect connections... Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine and at the end of the day 50 Cent. Don't blame him for making smart moves, career wise. If you could sell 50.000 and be a underground artist, or work yourself up into the pop industry and catch the spotlights along with the big artists and sell a couple million... What would you do?

You have a point there, i didnt really think everything through before i posted but my point still stands.

I, personally, would do exactly what Game did because im money hungry and i would go for money over time and respect (haha!).  But doing that and knowing i only made it into the spot light coz my mate 50 cent gave me a HUGE leg up i wouldnt go out there and talk shit about real rappers who worked their ass off to come from the underground over many years and do it big.  I would know my place, and wouldnt talk shit about the true rappers.  He made the smart moves career wise but now he's just being a smart ass and its about time someone shows him that.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2005, 05:38:05 AM »
lol i just realised tha thread starter spelt X's name wrong....it's Xzibit, not Exzibit... :)

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 05:41:39 AM »
lol i just realised tha thread starter spelt X's name wrong....it's Xzibit, not Exzibit... :)

you're right!!! thats crazy

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 05:54:59 AM »
oh my god :o..lets kill him :)

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 06:00:29 AM »

You have a point there, i didnt really think everything through before i posted but my point still stands.

I, personally, would do exactly what Game did because im money hungry and i would go for money over time and respect (haha!).  But doing that and knowing i only made it into the spot light coz my mate 50 cent gave me a HUGE leg up i wouldnt go out there and talk shit about real rappers who worked their ass off to come from the underground over many years and do it big.  I would know my place, and wouldnt talk shit about the true rappers.  He made the smart moves career wise but now he's just being a smart ass and its about time someone shows him that.

Snoop used his connection with Warren G and Dr. Dre to get up there.
Redman used his connection with EPMD to get up there.
Onyx used their connection with Jam Master Jay to get up there.
The D.O.C. used his connection with N.W.A and especially Dr. Dre to get up there.

Man, there's millions of examples out there - you can't just create a hype all by yourself. You'll need some help from someone who already made it. I don't think Game's hustle is any different from this - he just got himself into the mixtape circuit and used his connections inside Interscope well. It's not necessarily a thing of being successful "because of the one who helped you up". Everyone needs help. Thing is, Game got somewhat bigheaded after touring and seeing he's also popular when 50's not on his side. That's just the problem - he got cocky, and he's an idiot for that. Now he's thinking he's all that, but if he keeps this attitude up, he'll end up having the entire west against him. What a way to resurrect the westcoast.

Just to set things straight... I will take Xzibit over Game any day. I just think Game played it smart, and he's doing well right now. It just seems like he's about to forget he'll need people like Xzibit to keep his career up, because damn sure he can't do that all by himself right now.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 06:12:39 AM »
i believe this all started at power 106...For those of you that don't know, on Big Boy's morning show, there is this thing called "The Hat Of Forbidden Questions." This is where they ask questions like "Which celebrties have you fucked?" "Do you know anyone in the rap game that wears fake jewelery?" questions like that.. Big Boy always tells whoever they are interviewing to be real and answer the questions honestly. So they asked the game who is the wackest rapper he ever worked with, he said xzibit. It's not like out of no where he just said "Xzibit is the wackest rapper of all time." People just hear this and create headlines. after reading this, you might think i am a game fan. i am NOT a fan of the game. he's one of the the fakest things i ever seen. plus, he even addmitted he's a biter, wtf is that.

acbaylove

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 07:23:06 AM »
i believe this all started at power 106...For those of you that don't know, on Big Boy's morning show, there is this thing called "The Hat Of Forbidden Questions." This is where they ask questions like "Which celebrties have you fucked?" "Do you know anyone in the rap game that wears fake jewelery?" questions like that.. Big Boy always tells whoever they are interviewing to be real and answer the questions honestly. So they asked the game who is the wackest rapper he ever worked with, he said xzibit. It's not like out of no where he just said "Xzibit is the wackest rapper of all time." People just hear this and create headlines. after reading this, you might think i am a game fan. i am NOT a fan of the game. he's one of the the fakest things i ever seen. plus, he even addmitted he's a biter, wtf is that.

The only "problem" is that he never worked with X.

Diabolical

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 07:25:54 AM »

Snoop used his connection with Warren G and Dr. Dre to get up there.
Redman used his connection with EPMD to get up there.
Onyx used their connection with Jam Master Jay to get up there.
The D.O.C. used his connection with N.W.A and especially Dr. Dre to get up there.

Thats true but none of the above artists had anywhere near the amount of press coverage as 50 cent has, sure Dr Dre was at the top of the game then but the people buying his records then wernt 12 years olds who bought whatever MTV told them was the next big thing.