Author Topic: "No Limit Top Dogg" Apprecation Thread  (Read 451 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
"No Limit Top Dogg" Apprecation Thread
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:15:06 PM »
had to give it up for this album, always feels good to grab it and give it a straight-through-listen. snoop was on point on most of the tracks and it had some tight guest appearances. could have passed on those 2 no limit tracks though. plus, that album had one of the nicest line ups as far as west coast producers go: ant banks, dr dre (he KILLED it with all his 3 beats, and funny that he produced the 3 best tracks on there), dj quik 3 beats, g-one, raphael saadiq, bud'da, meech wells 5 beats, jelly roll, goldie loc.

my only beefs are Quiks beat on "doin too much" and that big ass no limit tank logo on the back cover.

show your apprecation!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 04:17:50 PM by lil jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Suga Foot

Re: "No Limit Top Dogg" Apprecation Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:18:08 PM »
:cheers:

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:18:27 PM »
Actually doin' too much is one of my favorite songs on the album because of the beat... really dig that one.  And yeah, Dre did an amazing job with "Just Dippin'," "Buck It," and "Bitch Please"... three of my favorite songs on the album.  I really like (what I think is another Quik production) "Don't Tell" featuring Warren, Nate, and Mausberg.

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Damn man... Great minds think alike! I was just playing this alubm REAL loud in my car thinking about how dope it was...

I gotta ask tho, why don't you like the doin too much beat?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 04:22:40 PM »
Damn man... Great minds think alike! I was just playing this alubm REAL loud in my car thinking about how dope it was...

I gotta ask tho, why don't you like the doin too much beat?

to me it jus wasnt on Quiks level. if you compare it to "dont tell", its on a whole other level in my opinion. or maybe snoop wasnt the right rapper to bust over it, might have sounded alot different if it had someone like suga free on it.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 04:26:52 PM »
sick sound

lbc213

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »
I agree with everything u said.

I still think that NL Top Dogg is better then Last Meal, although i know most of yall won't agree :)

Quadruple OG

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 04:40:19 PM »
NL Top Dogg = last listenable Snoop Dogg album

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 04:44:25 PM »
to me it jus wasnt on Quiks level. if you compare it to "dont tell", its on a whole other level in my opinion. or maybe snoop wasnt the right rapper to bust over it, might have sounded alot different if it had someone like suga free on it.

I see what you mean... I always thought that snoop didn't come as correct as he could have on that track...

I agree 110% about don't tell!!!

soopa-man

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 04:44:32 PM »
damn i thought Snoop was dope as fuck on "Doin Too Much" he says some funny as shyt on that song...and "Buss N Rocks" is fucking bangin too! Dr.Dre did his muthafucking thang too! but Snoop and Meech was what made it official for me..."In Love With A Thug" damn Snoop drops a dope ass story here, straight g-shyt, "My Heat goes Boom" damn Snoop lyrically is amazing on this track, delivery is dope, "Better Days" another great flow by Snoop, he really touches on the whole Death Row/DPG thing he just doesnt mention names...he really was concentrating with this album, plus that "Gangsta Ride (Unreleased)" version is bangin with Snoop dissing Swoop G, and Lil C-Style too bad Master P didnt let Snoop release this version, Master P said on Rap City that he doesnt believe in dissing Suge because he is not going to give him light when there is no beef on his side and Snoop respects his decision in the end...alot of shyt happened with this album i believe this album put Dre back in peeps heads, this one reintroduced Snoop, to New York, got back his swagger and he put alot of west coast cats on his back Xzibit rode with Snoop everywhere, Jayo Felony (4 tracks were recorded), Eastsidaz, Soopafly, Kurupt, Suga Free (he appeared on every Doggystyle album), Doggys Angels, Kokane, Jelly Roll....

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 04:56:04 PM »
iv always liked that cd.. before Last Meal came out Top Dogg was the 2nd best Snoop album.. its got sum tite songs like Buck Em, Snoopafela, Bitch Please, Party With a DPG, Bussn Rocks jusr Dippin, 20 Minutes

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »
i keep that album on rotation
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 03:52:46 AM »
Doggfather is Snoops second best album

Okka

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 04:03:48 AM »
I still think that NL Top Dogg is better then Last Meal, although i know most of yall won't agree :)

Hell yeah it is way better then Tha Last Meal..

Snoop's Best 3 Albums

1. Doggystyle
2. Top Dogg
3. Last Meal

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 04:09:15 AM »
yeah the dre songs were fire :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 04:23:25 AM by Inmate »