Author Topic: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??  (Read 724 times)

Jome

Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??
« on: April 06, 2005, 08:45:14 PM »
Who ???

Who can see Ras Kass lyrically, maybe on a good day and Ras on a bad day.. ??
Pharoahe Monch, Rakim maybe.. G Rap in his prime.. ??
Ras = GOAT lyricist ?

KavorkianPorkian

• 'G'
  • Too Cute
Re: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:48:31 PM »
King Of The West........RAS KASS!!!!   Church!!!

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:50:15 PM »
maybe not beat him but id say that ice cube is pretty dope too in a different way maybe if we can say ... ice cube in the old times, not sure if hes still on point
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 02:06:53 AM »
Canibus

ABN

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:16:57 AM »
lmao at Ras Kass bein the GOAT lyricist IMO he aint nowhere near bein the best. he´s dope as fuck tho but he wouldn´t make my top 10 based on just lyricism matter of fact he wouldn´t make my top 10 in anything(flow,breathe control etc).

G Rap in his prime was A LOT BETTER then Ras Kass and i think he´s still is better then Ras Kass. First Nigga,Rikers Island,Road To The Riches,Streets Of New York>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ras Kass life

I still think Canibus is a better lyricist then Ras even tho Bis spits a little too complex rhymes every now and then.

the old Rakim was also better then Ras IMO but nowadays Ras Kass would serve Rakim with ease still doesn´t take away from the fact that Rakim is prolly the best rapper of all time.

i could go on but i don´t feel like typin a whole fuckin essay about rappers who are and used to be better lyricists then Ras Kass. now if you would´ve said the best lyricist from the west coast then i would´ve agreed with you. but i can respect anyone that thinks that Ras Kass is the top lyricist coz he´s far from bein wack but i just think he´s very hit or miss. like his Dreams freestyle IMO that shit was doo-doo but that other joint produced by Rick Rock was some next level shit.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:37:40 AM »
Ras Kass is ill...but GOAT lyricist, im not so sure...hes definitely among the top tier imo...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:43:04 AM »
No one can fuck with Ras Kass lyrically other than canibus and chino XL imo.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 04:52:18 AM »
Ras Kass is probably in the top 10 of all time as far as lyrically and the best lyricist from the Westcoast...

1.Kool G Rap
2.KRS-One
3.Canibus
4.Chino Xl
5.Ras Kass
6.Rakim
7.Ice Cube
8.Nas
9.GZA
10.ah fuck it im gunna say pac

IMO

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 05:03:47 AM »
Common Sense and Nas in their prime could.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 05:07:26 AM »
topic nr. X in which I have to state that I think Ras is insanely overrated by heads. By far the most overrated artist ever from the west, when it comes to heads.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 05:15:11 AM »
nobody

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »
topic nr. X in which I have to state that I think Ras is insanely overrated by heads. By far the most overrated artist ever from the west, when it comes to heads.

Hes overrated but not the most overrated of all time in the West when it comes to Hip-Hop heads... His flow if off , the beats he uses are shitty, and overall as a Rapper and Artist hes not that great.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 05:19:33 AM »

Hes overrated but not the most overrated of all time in the West when it comes to Hip-Hop heads... His flow if off , the beats he uses are shitty, and overall as a Rapper and Artist hes not that great.

exactly, plus his lyrics can be really racist, wrong, taken from books to make him look smart, and also overall they arent even all THAT.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ABN

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 05:29:10 AM »
^^well even if you spit racist shit you could still be the best lyricist coz that aint got nothin to do with whether or not your a dope lyricist. if that were to play in i guess Cube aint a top 10 mc then.......

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 05:42:35 AM »
^^well even if you spit racist shit you could still be the best lyricist coz that aint got nothin to do with whether or not your a dope lyricist. if that were to play in i guess Cube aint a top 10 mc then.......

Well Cube is agubably the best rapper of all time due to flow,lyircs,beats, and overally rapper/artist ability. Ras Kass is just a lyricist. Cube blows Ras Kass away in the rapper/artist department. But yeah Cube can be conterverisal and racist in his lyrics especially on the Death Cetificate album. Also like you said it doesnt matter if a rappers has lyrics like that as long as its dope, it doesnt make them a worse lyricst.