Author Topic: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??  (Read 728 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2005, 02:52:43 PM »
ras best lyricist of all time.........naaaaaaaaa, he up their as a lyricist alone but thats it......but a rapper, he aint even in the top 10........but since this thread just about lyrics........rass a mad lyricist, canibus be crazy at times to.......but neither are the greatest in my opinion.......

Jome

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »
All I said was That Ras said Bis was the best Lyricist.

And lol U dissin the German guy for not knowing good English
Where the fuck are U from again  ;D

Obviously Ras is gonna name his favorite, and not ride his own dick.  ::)
My English is better than yours, and you're even from England.  :D

SGV

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2005, 04:29:38 PM »
Chi and Canibus are on Ras' level... He'll agree with you!

LOL @ 7even. I knew he'd come in here to denounce Ras because of Ras' lyrics towards whites. Go nut on a Game CD, Hanson.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2005, 05:31:08 PM »
Who ???

Who can see Ras Kass lyrically, maybe on a good day and Ras on a bad day.. ??
Pharoahe Monch, Rakim maybe.. G Rap in his prime.. ??
Ras = GOAT lyricist ?

dont think so...  big pun, big l,Rakim, Gza, Nas

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2005, 12:55:03 AM »

My English is better than yours,

and you're even from England.  :D

OK  ::)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2005, 03:03:02 AM »
game shits on ras kass

:nawty: Bull fuckin shit... maybe only in the beats he gets  :stupid: :eh:... some people's kids...

i was being sarcastic  ::)

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2005, 10:21:29 AM »
game shits on ras kass

:nawty: Bull fuckin shit... maybe only in the beats he gets  :stupid: :eh:... some people's kids...

i was being sarcastic  ::)

lol aight in that case its all good homie   8) .... i wouldnt put it past some people on here though

Trauma-san

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2005, 09:58:17 PM »
Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??

Big Delicious, Block D, Cell D-23

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2005, 10:59:32 PM »
at the moment i don't know, maybe chino xl could battle ras kass, eminem can beat him too, but it's hard to find lyricist nowadays. back in the dayz big L would have top anybody lyricaly in the rap game. many underground NY rappers are very tight, like O.C, freddy foxxx,

wcsoldier

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2005, 08:53:11 AM »
First off, I know his albums. Talking about shit I know nothing about is not my thang. I don't know unrealeased shit because his music is simply not impressing me.
Next, it is a difference if you just spit your openly ignorant opinion, or try to spit facts. An ignorant opinion can be off, but not really wrong as such. He, however, tries to spit facts, right things, not just opinions. That's noble, the bad part is that he often spits facts that aren't facts, but lies.
Next, educated? Good. So, it is also great that Canibus is using dictionaries to write his shit, because that makes him educated? If so, I respect your opinion.

First, you're 16, and you're German.. usually not known for brilliant English.. Ras Kass is probably too complicated for you..
I don't blame you though, I didn't really feel Ras when I was 16 either..
If Ras doesn't impress you, but Eminem usually does, you ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE LYRICS, you're probably more concerned about the beats.
Van Gogh had good beats.  8)

Reading up from a dictionary doesn't have anything with education to do.
Name a rapper that isn't ignorant and doesn't have strange opinions!!  ::)

Why aint they in the same league  ???
Because you say so

Ras says Canibus is the best Lyricist out there
So go give ya head a wobble  :P

Yeah, I know you're Stanibus and shit, but Bus isn't on the same level..
And Ras usually raps about things that actually means something, he's not reading up from dictionaries.. he's far more versatile.

Stanibus WOW your funny
Fuckin mard arse

U need to learn reading a sig dawg  ???

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2005, 12:22:03 PM »
IMO, no one can the man is straight sick with it
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2005, 12:44:32 PM »
Ras Kass is probably in the top 10 of all time as far as lyrically and the best lyricist from the Westcoast...

1.Kool G Rap
2.KRS-One
3.Canibus
4.Chino Xl
5.Ras Kass
6.Rakim
7.Ice Cube
8.Nas
9.GZA
10.ah fuck it im gunna say pac

IMO

lol you have 2pac in your list as top lyricist but not biggy, i find that funny

and no one mentions crooked i can take out ras kass or at least he should be in top 10 lyricists along with sly boogy but they both need albums out

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »
Chace Infinite is a great lyricist - the track ''Do For Self'' is incredible and has a really positive message to it. Plus, he kills all of his cameos on the Strong Arm Steady releases. Unfortunately, his music just isn't as widely recognised.

If I had to compare the two, I'd say that they are both consistent with their music but Ras has the edge in terms of charisma. Not to say that Rassy is particularly charismatic - its probably something that I would say escapes both of these MC's and prevents them from making a bigger splash in the rap scene. Some might argue that Ras' lyrics go over the heads of mainstream rap listeners, but there's no denying that on several cuts (not all) he has simplified his style. Example: compare anything from ''Soul On Ice'' to the likes of 'The Whoop'. Its not necessarily a bad thing, but I think that Ras' newer material is easier to comprehend for the common rap-head than most of his earlier work - so his lyrics no longer prevent him from gaining widestream exposure. That's my outlook anyway.

What Chace severely lacks (and Ras to a lesser extent) is promotion. The present-day Ras Kass of tracks like ''Caution'' and ''Deformed Pretty Boys'' (as opposed to the ''I'm sorry. can you repeat that?'' Ras of ''Nature of the Threat'') could probably make quite an impact on the charts given the right backing from the execs. As for Chace, he would have to ''dumb down'' his wordplay if he wanted radio spins, further media exposure and major record label power in his corner, although some could argue that he has already begun such a process considering the gangster-isms of the verses that he spits on the majority of the Steady material that he is featured on. The mere fact that he is so ''underground'' probably prevents him from grabbing the attention of rap listeners and those in control alike.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2005, 04:58:09 PM »
Chi and Canibus are on Ras' level... He'll agree with you!

LOL @ 7even. I knew he'd come in here to denounce Ras because of Ras' lyrics towards whites. Go nut on a Game CD, Hanson.

Hypocrite.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2005, 05:00:03 PM »
First off, I know his albums. Talking about shit I know nothing about is not my thang. I don't know unrealeased shit because his music is simply not impressing me.
Next, it is a difference if you just spit your openly ignorant opinion, or try to spit facts. An ignorant opinion can be off, but not really wrong as such. He, however, tries to spit facts, right things, not just opinions. That's noble, the bad part is that he often spits facts that aren't facts, but lies.
Next, educated? Good. So, it is also great that Canibus is using dictionaries to write his shit, because that makes him educated? If so, I respect your opinion.

First, you're 16, and you're German.. usually not known for brilliant English.. Ras Kass is probably too complicated for you..
I don't blame you though, I didn't really feel Ras when I was 16 either..
If Ras doesn't impress you, but Eminem usually does, you ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE LYRICS, you're probably more concerned about the beats.
Van Gogh had good beats.  8)

Reading up from a dictionary doesn't have anything with education to do.
Name a rapper that isn't ignorant and doesn't have strange opinions!!  ::)

Why aint they in the same league  ???
Because you say so

Ras says Canibus is the best Lyricist out there
So go give ya head a wobble  :P

Yeah, I know you're Stanibus and shit, but Bus isn't on the same level..
And Ras usually raps about things that actually means something, he's not reading up from dictionaries.. he's far more versatile.

Youre wrong about pretty much anything in the whole post Jome  :D

1. Im 19
2. My English is better than average (board) and amazing considering the fact im German.
3. Ras Kass isnt too complicated at all, what the fuck are you smoking. He's not even complicated at all. I've learnt about dominant/recessive genes in 8th grade. Wow. Complicated, educated shit.
4. Van Gogh doesnt have good beats.
5. The ignorant rappers don't hide their ignorance. Ras does, he claims he's spitting facts, like he is right, when he is so not.
6. Eminem sometimes has really good lyrics.
7. You are a groupie.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:06:46 PM by 7even the Mastermind »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin