Author Topic: A story.... (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) COMPLETE  (Read 186 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
A story.... (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) COMPLETE
« on: April 24, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »
Part 1

The people of the city of Alexandria, Egypt had fallen out of favor with the Caliph of Baghdad.  They had failed to properly submit their taxes (1/5th of the city earnings) that was due to the Caliph of the Ummah.  The Caliph wanted punish the people of this city.  It had came to to appoint a new amir of the city, and as punishment, he chose one of the poorest men of the whole town, a man who's only job was to clean bathrooms and sewers. The Caliph was acting on the principal that if you give a man power who has never had anything in his life, then he is sure to abuse the power. So he gave the amirship to Bubbacar Rahman the poorest man from the minority tribe in the city.

However, the Caliph underestimated Bubbacar Rahman. He took great pride in his work of cleaning toilets, and he was a very simple and humble man.  He cared little for his newfound wealth and position as Amir of Alexandria. He kept little of the wealth for himself and he soon developed a reputation as the most pious and benevolent amir of all of Egypt!.........

.........to be continued
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 05:45:22 PM by Abdul Infinite aka Ibn Battuta »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
Re: A story.... (part 1)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:53:55 AM »
that man sounds suspiously like Jesus himself............. :laugh: :P
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:54:10 PM »
continued....... Part 2....

Soon this pious Amir of Alexandria began to develop quite a reputation.  His people loved him and although he had risen in fame and status he still went and cleaned the restrooms everyday where he once worked.  One time an envoy from Iraq came to see him and he prepared for them a great feast and entertained them with stories of knowledge from the most notable shiekhs and travelling devines of the region.  He sent them away with many gifts as was his policy with any travelers to his region. 

When the envoy returned back to Iraq and told the Caliph of what they had been given, and of the favours Abu Bakr had distributed amongst the people.  The Caliph was red with anger, for he had only appointed him as a punishment for the people of Alexandria for being short on their taxes.  The Caliph demanded that Amir Bubbacar be removed from his position, have his eyes gouged out, and dropped in a remote desert to fend for himself!  The loyal servants of the Caliph of Bagdad went to Alexandria and carried out their orders, removing Abu Bakr from his position.

To be continued.........
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:59:20 PM by Abdul Infinite aka Ibn Battuta »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: A story.... (part 1) and (part 2)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:56:59 PM »
cant wait for part 3!!!!!!! :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin:
NO MORE WAR

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »
that man sounds suspiously like Jesus himself............. :laugh: :P

No... it's not that deep.  There weren't any threads I was interested in so I had to entertain myself... so here's a story, maybe 1 or 2 people will read it and derive some benefit.

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 04:40:33 PM »
Kinda like Trading Places with Eddie Murphy, god everyone's trying to bite him now. Word tho I like this tale it's an old hierarchy for many of today's stories.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »
Kinda like Trading Places with Eddie Murphy, god everyone's trying to bite him now. Word tho I like this tale it's an old hierarchy for many of today's stories.

thanks for reading... btw, it is based on a true story from the 14th cent.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 05:14:10 PM »
Part 3

Bubbacar, however, did not leave completely empty handed.  There was one peice of jewelry that he allowed himself to keep, it was his favorite gift, and it had been given to him on behalf of the people of Alexandria who were gratefully appreciated the compassionate way in which he ruled the city.  He was able to have it sewed up on the inside of his garments, before being removed from Alexandria by the servants of the Caliph of Baghdad.   

Also, prior to his removal from office, a notable poet of Cairo had set off for the city of Alexandria, in an effort to read Bubbacarr a new poem he had written.  But by the time he reached the city of Alexandria, Bubbacar had already been wisked away from the city, and the vitueous poet asked the people of the city about his whereabouts.  He was given word of the remote desert in which the former Amir had been left to rott away in poverty.  This poet, did not frown at the sad news, and he renewed his determination and headed in the direction of the remote desert, determined to complete the task in which he had set out for.

to be continued.......
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 05:24:42 PM by Abdul Infinite aka Ibn Battuta »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A story.... (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 05:44:45 PM »
Part 4...

Bubbacar, after suffering the loss of his eyes, was wasting away in the poverty of a desert on the outskirts of Egypt.  It was there the poet would find him, offering just one simple request, that he be aloud to recite the poem in which he had planned for the former governer (Amir) of Alexandria. 

"What use is there in my hearing it, I am nobody" said Bubbacarr, consumed with the sadness of his destitute condition.

"While I was in Cairo, I made my intentions with Allah, that I must sing your praises in an ode, and I how could I ever resign from completing such a duty?  All I want," said the poet, "is that you should hear it; as for the gift, you have given to others, and that lavishly--Allah may reward you with good."

"Go on then," said he, and the poet recited:

Bubbacar, the fruitful to bestow, by Egypt's Nile alights;
Let high the golden tide overflow, since sea with sea unites.

When he came to the end of the ode, Bubbacarr said to him, unpick this piece of sewing.  Upon recovering the hidden jewels, the poet tried to refuse the gift, but Bubbacar was defiant.  The poet demanded that Bubbacar keep the jewels with him, for it was the only marketable good he had left to provide provision for himself.  'Without it you may die soon of starvation'.---'To all is an appointed term' Bubbacar replied, and with that the poet took the jewelry back to the bazaars of Egypt.

The poet was stopped upon his return, and some travelling servants of the Caliph questioned the poet, "that is only the jewels befitting of a Caliph!  We must bring you with us to Baghdad and inquire with the Caliph upon the whereabouts of this gift."

Upon being brought infront of the Caliph, the poet explained in beautiful discourse, his journey, the gift, and the condition of the deposed Amir of Alexandria.

The Caliph was overcome with sympathy and sadness for the affairs of Bubbacar.  He immediately repented for his great sins and transgressions.   He demanded that Bubbaccar be brought before him, and he granted to the aging Bubbacar any wish he desired.  Bubbacar only desired some provision for himself and his family and that he spend his last days amongst the beautiful people of Alexandria.  His wishes were fullfilled, and after his death, his wealth was passed down to his dependants until they too died of old age.

THE END.

rafsta

Re: A story.... (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) COMPLETE
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 03:33:32 PM »
you dont get much more noble and humble than that...