Author Topic: US Conceals Record High Terror Figures  (Read 139 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
US Conceals Record High Terror Figures
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:06:25 AM »
US 'conceals high terror figures' 

The Madrid bombings were among the most deadly attacks of 2004
Data withheld from an annual report on terrorism by the US state department show a sharp increase in attacks in 2004, a top Democratic lawmaker says.
Henry Waxman, citing official briefings given to congressional aides, said the number of "significant" attacks had risen more than three-fold in a year.

The California congressman urged the administration to release the figures.

The state department has said it will stop providing them, after admitting it made mistakes in last year's report.

In June 2004 the department was forced to double its original estimate of terror victims in the previous year.

The large increases in terrorist attacks reported in 2004 may undermine administration claims of success in the war on terror

Henry Waxman
It said 625 people had been killed in attacks worldwide in 2003 - not 307 as stated in the annual Patterns of Global Terrorism report published two months earlier.

Last week the department announced that it would no longer publish statistical data, but that the newly created National Counter-Terrorism Centre would do so at a later date.

On Tuesday Mr Waxman accused the state department of concealing an increase in terror attacks.

He said congressional briefings by federal officials pointed to a dramatic rise in the number of "significant" terrorist attacks - those that seek to kill or cause serious harm to people or property.

There were about 650 such attacks last year, the congressman said - up from 175 in 2003, a record number at the time.

Underestimated?

In a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice circulated by his staff, Mr Waxman said that even the latest figures may be too low.

He said many incidents most Americans would regard as terror attacks were excluded from the data because they did not meet the state department's definition.

"The large increases in terrorist attacks reported in 2004 may undermine administration claims of success in the war on terror, but political inconvenience has never been a legitimate basis for withholding facts from the American people," the letter added.

Last year's original report said there had been a total of 190 terror acts around the world in 2003 - pointing to a steady decrease over three years.

The administration seized on this and other numbers as proof that its war on terror was succeeding.

In the revised report the department said there had in fact been 208 attacks - an increase from 2004.

Then-Secretary of State Colin Powell said there had been no attempt to deceive people, and blamed clerical and administrative errors.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

AndrE16686

Re: US Conceals Record High Terror Figures
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:19:01 AM »
Thats an amazing quote by Churchill you got, is it for real, where did you find it? .....And yeah, Bush is a fuckwit, etc, etc 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:38:28 PM »
put it in google you find loads about it, I can't remember which book I got it out of it was either from a book on the british empire or the one on the russian empire which i'm still reading, Churchill was a legend and in my opinion the greatest polititician of the 20th century.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 12:42:16 PM »
infact i think the quote may even be cut short because of seers character restrictions, because i remember he also went onto say he would save the empire too.

edit i was interested myself so if your interested read below

Of all the remarkable qualities of Winston Churchill there is none more amazing than his unshakable belief in his destiny. As a young man he once confided to Violet Asquith: "We are all worms. But I do believe that I am a glow-worm!" Indeed, even before that, while still a schoolboy at Harrow, he had already developed a keen sense of his purpose here on earth. When, years later in the late 1950s, it was announced that my late father Randolph would write the official biography of his father, Sir Murland Evans, a school-fellow of my grandfather's at Harrow wrote my father recalling a conversation he had had with the young Winston in 1891, when they were both just sixteen years old. As he remembered, "It was a summer's evening in one of those dreadful basement rooms in the Headmaster's House, a Sunday evening,to be exact, after chapel evensong." Murland Evans had been stunned by their conversation and recorded it with the utmost clarity. I should like to share his recollection:

"We frankly discussed our futures. After placing me in the Diplomatic Service, perhaps because of my French descent from Admiral de Grasse who was defeated by Lord Rodney in the Battle of the Saints, 1782; or alternatively in finance, following my father's career, we came to his own future. 'Will you go into the army?' I asked. 'I don't know, it is probable, but I shall have great adventures
beginning soon after I leave here.'

'Are you going into politics? Following your famous father?'

'I don't know, but it is more than likely because, you see, I am not afraid to speak in public.'

'You do not seem at all clear about your intentions or desires.'

'That may be, but I have a wonderful idea of where I shall be eventually. I have dreams about it.'

'Where is that?'

'Well, I can see vast changes coming over a now peaceful world; great upheavals, terrible struggles, wars such as one cannot imagine; and I tell you London will be in danger, London will be attacked and I shall be very prominent in the defence of London.'

'How can you talk like that?' I said; 'we are for ever safe from invasion, since the days of Napoleon.'

'I see further ahead than you do. I see into the future. This country will be subjected somehow, to a tremendous invasion, by what means I do not know, but [warming to his subject] I tell you I shall be in command of the defences of London and I shall save London and England from disaster.'

'Will you be a general then, in command of the troops?'

'I don't know; dreams of the future are blurred but the main objective is clear. I repeat, London will be in danger and in the high position I shall occupy, it will fall to me to save the Capital, to save the Empire.'

Preposterous talk from a teenager, you may say; but, as it turned out, incredibly prescient. Armed with this belief in his destiny, he seems to have concluded that he was bullet-proof and, after graduating from Harrow to Sandhurst, he proceeded to launch himself into a military career with an almost complete lack of regard for his personal safety.

At the age of 20, he was commissioned in the 4th Hussars. Months before, his father had died, and with a glamorous and extravagant mother, he was left penniless to make his way in the world on his own devices. He had a burning ambition and determination to enter politics to vindicate the memory of his father, who had died at the young age of 46 after a brilliant but doomed career.

In those days entering politics required either money or fame. Not having the former he determined to secure the latter. He made it his business, using all the influences at his command - most especially that of his mother, Lady Randolph Churchill - to seek out wars wherever they were to be found with the aim of earning a reputation for bravery. Thus in 1895, on his 21st birthday, he was to be found in Cuba observing the Cuban revolt against Spain, tasting enemy fire for the first time when a bullet flew between him and the drumstick of a chicken he was about to swallow, prompting him to remark: "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without effect." .

From there he went to the North West Frontier of India where he saw action with the Malakand Field Force where, while everyone else took cover, he calmly paraded along the skirmish line on his white charger in view of the enemy. Then in 1898 with the 21St Lancers, he took part in one of the last great cavalry charges of history at the Battle of Omdurman in the Sudan.

This year marks the 125th anniversary of my grandfather's birth and, indeed, the centenary of his imprisonment in Pretoria, following his capture by the Boers, in the Armoured Train incident of which he give such a lively and vivid account in London to Ladysmith via Pretoria and My Early Life. Heedless of personal danger and with bullets flying all around, he managed to extricate the locomotive, enabling it to get away, loaded with the wounded on the coal-tender. While confined in Pretoria he stood at a crossroads of his life. Just 25 years old, he was determined to escape. It was a throw of the dice whether he would buy a bullet from one of the guards manning the perimeter fence, or whether he would make good his escape and secure the fame for which he so unashamedly yearned. Fortunately for the world it was the latter and, by his dramatic escape he became the popular hero of the hour.

When one considers the number of occasions on which he hazarded his life, even after he resigned his commission and entered Parliament at the age of 26 in 1900  walking out of the wreck of a crashed airplane in the earliest days of aviation, serving in the trenches of Flanders where he commanded the 6th Battalion of the Royal Scots Fusiliers in the line in 1917, and again when he was knocked down by a New York taxi in 1930 one cannot help but reflect that his preservation through all these hazards was nothing short of miraculous.

But, as remarkable as his firm belief in his own destiny, was the incredible roller-coaster of his political career, which spanned 55 years from his election to Parliament in 1900, aged 26 in the reign of Queen Victoria, to the reign of Queen Elizabeth and the thermonuclear age. On no fewer than four occasions his political career hit rock-bottom and was judged by many to be finished. But each time he climbed back from the abyss, defying those who had prematurely written his political obituary.

Marked out at an early age as a future Prime Minister, he rose rapidly to be Home Secretary at 34, and First Lord of the Admiralty at 36, where responsibility fell to him to prepare the Fleet for War against Germany. But then, in 1915, he became the scapegoat for the failure of the Dardanelles landings, and there was a general conviction that his political career was over. Thereupon he went into the trenches as a soldier in Flanders. Within two years, he was back again under Lloyd George, first as Minister of Munitions and then Colonial Secretary until, in 1922 with the fall of the Liberal Government, as he put it: "In the twinkling of an eye I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party and without an appendix."

After two more years in the political wilderness, he was back in Parliament, back in politics, back in the ranks of the Conservative Party and to the amazement of all, not least himself Chancellor of the Exchequer. But then in 1929, following the defeat of the Tories, he found himself cast into the wilderness this time for fully ten years, during which he became increasingly alienated from his party over the rearmament of Germany. It was this defeat that prompted his lengthy journey across Canada and America and led him to write to his wife: "Only one goal still attracts me, and if that were barred, I should quit the dreary field of politics for pastures new."

These ten years in the wilderness were, undoubtedly, the toughest period of his life. He saw with the utmost clarity the looming danger and tried, desperately, to warn the world before it was too late - but all in vain. It was only just before the outbreak of war in 1939 that he was invited to resume his old post at the Admiralty. There it fell to him for the second time in a quarter-century to prepare the Fleet for War. When he became Prime Minister the following year he was already 65 years of age and qualified to draw the old age pension. After six long years of war, during which he led Britain and the world to Victory over Hitler, he was abruptly cast aside by the British electorate. Then, against all the odds, in 1951 at the age of 76, he made his fourth and final comeback from the politically dead, becoming Prime Minister again and remaining in office until just past his eightieth birthday.

On the occasion of his 80th birthday in 1954, looking back on the wartime years, he replied reflectively to the congratulations of his colleagues of all parties: "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely, that I inspired the nation. Their will was resolute and remorseless, and as it proved, unconquerable. It was the nation and the race dwelling all round the globe that had the lion's heart. I had to the luck to be called upon to give the roar!"

It is with a sense of awe that one considers his remarkable life and his brilliant achievements. By the time of his death at the age of 90, he had published some fifty volumes of history, biography and speeches. At his beloved home of Chartwell in Kent there were nearly 500 canvasses that he had painted, some of remarkable quality. In addition he built, largely with his own hands, three cottages and a high wall round his extensive vegetable garden. And to think that, in between, he managed to find the time to beat the daylights out of Hitler...

His was a remarkable life to which none can hold a candle. When I call him "Man of the Millennium," I do so with deliberation and conviction. Imagine for an instant how different the world would be today if the Nazi Swastika still floated over London and all the capital cities of Europe. It does not bear thinking about. But it is on that basis that I salute Winston Churchill as the Man of the Millennium. And I venture to think that I am not alone in so doing.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:58:11 PM by Don Rizzle »

AndrE16686

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 06:58:16 AM »
Yeah a remarkable leader for remarkable times. I remeber hearing somthing about an assassination attempt on him, but on the particular day he decided to not sit in his usual spot in his car, so the shooter couldn't see him. He also suffered from chronic depression.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 12:53:58 PM »
i hate churchill, but he was gangsta
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »
lol....yeah....churchill was pimp too

Churchill: Would u sleep with me for a million dollars?

Lady Astor: I suppose I would, yes.

Churchill: What if I paid you one dollar, would u still sleep with me?

Lady Astor: No, who do u think i am?

Churchill: We've already determined who you are. We're just negotiating prices now.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 01:12:56 PM »
The United States Government is the largest terrorist organization, they lead the world in terrorist attacks.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 07:39:59 PM »
The United States Government is the largest terrorist organization, they lead the world in terrorist attacks.

so now you know where your problem lies, next step, be a man and solve it... i'm tired of your confused ass always bitching.... PLEEEEEEEEEEASE become a "muslim freedom fighter" and help out your brothers so we can expidite your trip to see Allah