Author Topic: Xbox 360 pics leaked  (Read 500 times)

Thirteen

Xbox 360 pics leaked
« on: May 09, 2005, 01:18:18 PM »

Xbox 360 pictures leaked, peripherals and customization revealed

Snapshot from taping of MTV special shows console, controller, headset, and camera add-on; Ourcolony.net pic shows hardware skins.

more screens (4)
View the slideshow »
Screenshot Index »
Though the MTV special that shows off the Xbox 360 won't air until this Thursday, it was actually shot last Thursday in Los Angeles. And while the 200-odd attendees were asked not to reveal the secrets they were privy to at the event, naturally, a few couldn't help but spill the beans.

Unfortunately for Microsoft, those few were also armed with digital cameras, which they used to snap pictures of the Xbox 360 console. The photo of the console confirmed the authenticity of earlier pictures, showing a silver, slightly concave-shaped console that looks almost as though it's designed to sit atop the slightly convex current-generation Xbox. It also confirmed the so-called "ring of light" theory, which had said the device would sport an oversized power button surrounded by a ring of LEDs, as well as that it would sport two slots for 64MB memory cards and one for a 40GB hard drive on the console's side.

Besides the Xbox 360 itself, the leaked snapshot showed three peripherals, including its controller. The controller pictured was clearly the same as that shown in pictures "leaked" by the Microsoft-associated teaser site Ourcolony.net. That site also recently released another picture of the controller, which shows the controller in more detail, including what appears to be the new Xbox logo...the same globular insignia featured in a shot leaked months previous. It also shows what appears to be a charging port on the bottom of the console.

Besides the controller, the other Xbox 360 peripherals pictured in the leaked photo were an apparently wireless headset and an EyeToy-like camera. The latter recalls the add-on mentioned by Microsoft corporate vice president and chief XNA architect J Allard at last year's E3, one which, as evidenced by Allard's demonstrative chitchat with Jenny McCarthy, would let Xbox Live subscribers videoconference one another.

Another photo leaked from the event shows a DVD remote for the Xbox 360, which, besides reconfirming the globular Xbox logo, appears to have some sort of Windows functionality. Beneath the traditional X/Y/A/B button configuration is a button with the distinctive Windows logo. Given recent comments by Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, it's likely the insignia means that at least one version of the Xbox 360 will have Windows Media Center functionality.

Last but not least, a new image leaked on Ourcolony.net indicates the Xbox 360 will have customizable skins. The image shows five examples of the increasingly iconic power button--which is also featured as one of the rotating images on Ourcolony.net's home page--surrounded by multicolored patterns reminiscent of many currently available console skins. Such a feature would be in line with J Allard's keynote at this year's Game Developers Conference, during which he talked about the customization demanded by today's youth, which he deemed "Generation Remix."

While convincing, it must be emphasized that none of the images have been confirmed by Microsoft. As of press time, spokespersons for the company had still not officially commented on the pictures.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot

Don Seer

Re: Xbox 360 pics leaked
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 02:36:44 PM »
"i don't like it"

but i'll probably blow us away...

i can also see what looks like feet on the edge we can see most of.. so i assume it'll sit down flat too

ohh and the customisable skin shit sounds awesome..

i bought a stick on skin for my (soon to be old) xbox but aint fitted it yet..
mines modded.. but i have  IR power on/off mod to fit (so i can power up/down via the dvd remote) and i'm planning to fit the skin at the same time :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:39:19 PM by Overseer »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 03:42:12 PM »
i wanna play with it  8)

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 06:22:47 PM »
yea im interested bout that skin option
system looks tight,better looking then tha first
cantt wait to see the games though

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Jome

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 06:58:23 PM »
Looks like Microsoft is dickriding Ipods dull "White Plastic Fantastic" look and design for all it's worth.
Testers and developers say PS3 will beat the shit out of X2 powerwise.., I just hope Sony doesn't do something stupid with their formats again..

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 07:27:08 PM »
*waiting for PS3 Pics*
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 09:36:11 PM »
damn, i personally thing the pic is not the real new Xbox. it doesn't look appealing, looks like a 3rd party component
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 08:43:46 AM »
^ Man... it's definately the real new XBox, it's from the t.v. taping of the unveiling of it. 

I'm glad Nintendo's finally going to do the online stuff with their next console, and with the DS starting later this year.  You can play via hotspots set up around the country, or you can play at home if you have a wi-fi router, all free with no subscription.  the "revolution" is supposed to be even more advanced, I'll just have to see. 

X-Box looks pretty cool, but I don't like the simplicity of the design.  The profile kind of looks like one of those rubber, rolled up newspapers you buy your dog to chew on. 

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 08:46:21 AM »
Oh my goodness. That thing is huge. Looks nice though.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 09:21:44 AM »
cool. i prob wont be buying a new xbox or ps3 though since im so fucking broke.  :-\  last systems i owned were the n64/playstation.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 10:24:51 AM »
cool. i prob wont be buying a new xbox or ps3 though since im so fucking broke.  :-\  last systems i owned were the n64/playstation.

looks dope, xbox owns.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 11:15:26 PM »
waiting for the revolution

-KIDRENEGADE-

Acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »
what is the revolution?

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!