Author Topic: The Nintendo "Revolution"  (Read 436 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Nintendo "Revolution"
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »
looks nice,but whats so revolutionary about it besides being able to play all the classics?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »
well i dont know if u heard but theres something that hasnt been shown and those are the controllers...the way the games are played is supposed to be revolutionary.....

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 10:47:50 PM »
well i dont know if u heard but theres something that hasnt been shown and those are the controllers...the way the games are played is supposed to be revolutionary.....

True

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 07:12:53 AM »
I dunno what you guys are looking at, but I think it looks fugly.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 07:19:24 AM »
I dunno what you guys are looking at, but I think it looks fugly.
its not about the looks its about the games buddy

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 07:33:56 AM »
what games? you either like halo, GTA, or monkey ball and buy a system based on that answer. i will be getting 2 of them, sorry bill

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
The controller isn't the revolutionary thing.  There's something else they haven't leaked, they kept alluding to it, but wouldn't come right out and say what it was.  The controller IS supposed to be much different than in the past, but the president of Nintendo hinted that Nintendo had revolutionized the industry 4 times (as he saw it).

1. The original NES was revolutionary, unlike anything before.

2. The Nintendo Gameboy was revolutionary, unlike anything before.

3. Donkey Kong Country for the SNES was revolutionary, unlike anything before.

4. Super Mario 64 was revolutionary, unlike anything before.

Then he showed a graphic showing that every game system until now had had 3 components; a controller, a system, a t.v., and in recent years, a fourth element, the internet.

So he said something about Nintendo was going to revolutionize how those 4 aspects interact with each other, and they said that Nintendo didn't want to make games for Hardcore gamers, OR casual gamers, OR kids, OR older people, they wanted to make new games, for Hardcore gamers, AND casual gamers, AND kids, AND older people.

They keep claiming they've figured out a way to have all those people play the same game and be satisfied with it.

Also, one of the most understated concepts they talked about, was that they have truly reached out to developers, and are determined to make the revolution the easiest to design for system, ever.  They mentioned some 'revolutionary' technology to make young designers without a big budget feel at home designing for the revolution... so I don't know what that means, if they'll have a template system, or if Nintendo will finance some games, or what they're talking about. 

Thirteen

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 10:07:13 AM »
i think it looks the best out of the 3, Xbox 360 looks like some cheap plastic, the PS3 looks like a printer this one looks like a little disc drive

anyways i'll be looking forward to the Metroid Primes, Zeldas and the occasional surprise hit from nintendo

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 11:48:45 AM »
mario party  8)

supersmash bros...im gonna buy it  8)..hell i got a game cube just for Smash Bros alone
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 06:15:06 PM »
SUPER SMASH BROS. GYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 08:01:54 PM »
Well well well

I Officially Decree a Challege in super Smash Brothers agains Sikotic and Es El Duque If Nintendo holds true to the worldwide WiFi promise that is.

date and time to be arranged at a later date :-*<--my game face

-KIDRENEGADE-

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »
what games? you either like halo, GTA, or monkey ball and buy a system based on that answer. i will be getting 2 of them, sorry bill
your judging a system based on it looks? thats my point......u voted for ps3 right? based on its looks  ::)

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 08:49:24 AM »
my comment has little or nothing to do with a systems looks. sure you got the right one?

shamihundal

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 04:10:20 PM »
Nintendo went downhill at the end of the N64 and the whole Gamecube era. They are going to have to do something crazy to actually get people to buy their system to the point were it is profitable.

But I do like the whole backward compatible and downloadable feature.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 04:20:14 PM »
Well well well

I Officially Decree a Challege in super Smash Brothers agains Sikotic and Es El Duque If Nintendo holds true to the worldwide WiFi promise that is.

date and time to be arranged at a later date :-*<--my game face

:sombrero:  <-------my game face
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008