Author Topic: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater  (Read 1038 times)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tone Boots Calls 2Pac A Hater
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2005, 11:47:44 AM »
Im skeptical on Pac. He was a "Revolutionary" type pre-Deathrow. He became this hardened Thug virtually over night with Suge in his corner. Pac tried gang bangin' and it got it him killed, he was NOT a G.

He nevered claimed to be a gangsta.  He had no problem with Bloods or Cuzz just as long as "ya had love for thugs."  He was never on some P.E. shit exclusively.  He was always a street visionary with a concious focus on the black plight.  That made him a unique G if anything or according to some people not one at all.  Deathrow didnt put the G in him.  Being black and growin up in america did.  That was his ying and yang and where all of the so called contradictions came from.  Pac was a G because he was down.  Not because he claimed to be one.  Others drew those lines for him... in an attempt to discredit him.  Again, he was the one hated on.

If you're a G you're gonna make that known and 2pac was no G. Yeah I remember dat Bury Me A G bullshit. Alot of niggas have no idea what a G really is. I'm from Compton and niggas shake like hoes when we give our definition of a G. It's like this cuzz...if you ain't puttin' niggas to sleep you ain't a G. Baby Lane was a G. Eazy-E was a G. Tookie was a G. and 2pac wasn't.

::)

There’s enough violence in this world big homie.  C'mon now, dont be shallow... Dig a little bit deeper for the answer bro...

I'll stick with the simpler more general definition of “one who is down.”  That G can stand for whatever you want ... but in reality it doesn’t have to be negative or involve violence nore does it ultimately mean that you’re "putting someone to sleep."

Thats just shallow Mr. Compton G.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

SHOTGUN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • If it ain't Compton, it ain't nuttin'
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:04 PM »
it is what it is nigga!!! dont twist dat shit. it's like sayin' bad is good or white is blacc. A G is a G nigga!. Aint no two ways about it. The G stands for Gangsta, not "he who is down" bullshit. A gangsta = gangster = criminal = killa, slanga, jacca, and gangbanga!. Dat's a G nigga!!!. Don't call niggas Gz if they ain't doin' dirt. I never met a G who ain't doin' gangsta shit. Stop usin the G letter if u don't have a fuccin clue what it is. I ain't hatin' nigga. I'm from the street and when some internet muthafuccas twist shit up its got to be burned down. It's real nigga.
and we aint tellin u to be a Crip or dat otha thang..whateva dat is..u know

Blood~n~Bone

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2005, 01:28:47 PM »
I understand why Tone Boots is saying, but yo first off big shoutout goes to Sway def. with him, suppoorting Pac! man just let Pac RiP and stop all this nonsense about he was a hater, he was crazy etc...
-PEACE-

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »
Tone Boots is a dumbfuck. He dosent know what he's talkin about...just another nyc dickridin homo.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2005, 05:56:27 PM »
Tone Boots is a lameass.  He has nothing better to do than to diss Pac, a man who has been dead for 8 years and who can't defend himself?  Get the fuck outta here with that gay shit.  Fuck Tone Boots
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »
East Coast point of view (propz to Sway he gives the west propz)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2005, 06:50:50 PM »
The fact that people like SGV is arguing that 2Pac is overrated and shit, 8 YEARS AFTEr HIS DEATH, shows that his an icon. No one, I mean no rapper ever, has had people 8 years after his death waste their energy to prove 'Pac was not the man.

If 'Pac was real of not, he said he doesn't want to be remembered as the greatest, just the realest. His life was in Baltimore, during the Reaganomic era. Baltimore at the time was one of the top 5 crime centers of the nation, and 'Pac basically lived a fucked up life. He spent some time at a performing arts school, which any parent bringing their kid up in a place where they had no decent school system, would do. His early work was true to who he was. Political, controversial, and someone that if he had died in 1995, SGV would be saying is the most underrated rapper ever. Then something happened, in 1994 2Pac was shoot, and the game ended. Still the message of up lifting black people, the politics and the ghetto stories remained, but also entered was the disses to those he felt were his enemied. 'Pac felt his life ending soon, so he worked hard, and was crazy. The man flipped, and it was said he knew he was dying soon. So when a dog is backed into a corner, the bit, and that's what 'Pac did. He was running off of human instinct. Why else would 25 year old join a gang, diss anyone who even comes close to dissing him and live a reckless life. He knew he was going to die, so he made some classics and let the rest take care of it's self. What you think is what you think. Before 1995 2Pac would be considered the most underrated talent in rap music, after his last days pushed him into icon status and makes an argument for the greatest rapper ever. Some in the east still hate him, most everyone in the west loves him. Hate him or love him, the underdog will always be on top of most Hip-Hop heads list.

SGV

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2005, 07:45:21 PM »
Tsk tsk, don't assume things, you make an ass out of you and me.

The fact that he's called an Icon by people like yourself and Sneaker Pimp is the ONLY reason I argue that he is NOT one. If no one brought it up, it would never cross my mind. And the fact that I had only liked VARIOUS Tupac songs throughout his career, I HIGHLY doubt I'd be calling him Underrated in anyway.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2005, 09:53:43 PM »
LOL... I think you would.

Anyways, it's 8 years later, his dead, no one can bring him back, his the highest selling artist of all time, he died at the top, and his peak was larger than any other artist, and right as he died his darkest and maybe best CD (I stil think Me Against the World) was released. He left people wanting more. Other artist have came since 96 and sold millions, DMX, Ja Rule, Ma$e, Kurupt (solo), Xzibit (commercially), the Lox, 50 Cent, Eminem, but at the end of the day, 'Pac died on album number 5, and his career was just barely reaching it's peak. Rearly is their an artist that on their 5th album you think, damn this cat keeps getting better. Biggie, 2 albums, same effect, but only after 2. At 2 'Pac was barely getting started.

I have a question, what songs do you like from 'Pac. I want to get an idea of what you like, 'cause I know you like Cypress Hill, most Latin Rap, and if you ever come to the I.E. again and stop by my house again, you should see my Cypress Hill collection... lol Anyways, I still think 'Pac is the best rapper ever, even though I will listen to Immortal Technique over Snoop, I ain't even bought the new 50 Cent and Game is cool to me but I mean it is what it is. So it seems we agree on what we like in rap music, so what you like from 'Pac?

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2005, 12:20:27 AM »
^^^I couldnt have said it better myself.

When Pac died, he was in his prime (or close to it) and he recorded an instant classic in 7 Day Theory. The scary thing is, dude was getting better with almost every album, and if that trend continued (and it most likely would have, since he was only 25) what would have came after 7 Day Theory?? The next album would have been MIND SHATTERING. Dude was basically one album away from shutting down the entire industry.

And Pac's iconic status shouldnt even be questioned......they got more books being written on him than any other artist, dudes albums still top the charts nearly a decade after his death, his older classic albums still sell by the bucketloads, he remains the highest selling and most celebrated hip hop artist of all time, and they even got college courses studying his lyrics, poetry, and impact on society.

I think people here hatin on him just for the sake of going against popular opinion to be different......sometimes being different is cool. Not in this case.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2005, 12:36:39 AM »
Pac will always be the greatest imo.

When Pac spoke, people listened. He was an inspiration to many, he had a cause, like, he was a man of the people. He always wanted to help get the black communities into a better situation. He cared.

His death was a result of growing up in the situation that he did.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Bomb-A®

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2005, 01:36:26 AM »
he was NOT a G.

*bumps Bury Me A G*

im not saying he was or wasnt a gangsta, but he claimed to be.

peace
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 01:55:03 AM by Bomb-A »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2005, 03:11:45 AM »
Tsk tsk, don't assume things, you make an ass out of you and me.

The fact that he's called an Icon by people like yourself and Sneaker Pimp is the ONLY reason I argue that he is NOT one. If no one brought it up, it would never cross my mind. And the fact that I had only liked VARIOUS Tupac songs throughout his career, I HIGHLY doubt I'd be calling him Underrated in anyway.

Despite what you say, pac is an icon to milions of people. You cant change the fact that milions of people all over the world think of him as the GOAT. And its just reality. You are one of the few people that think about it that way. Hes still pushing major units. People love him and give him respect all over the world.You can talk about this forever to prove your opinion, but your never gonna win it. Hes an icon of an generation. He now belongs in the same league as: Bob Marley, Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix, John Lennon and so on. And whatever you do you never gonna change that. Its just your opinion versus milions of people. So get over the fact that most people consider him as the GOAT.

SGV

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2005, 10:02:29 AM »
LOL... I think you would.

Anyways, it's 8 years later, his dead, no one can bring him back, his the highest selling artist of all time, he died at the top, and his peak was larger than any other artist, and right as he died his darkest and maybe best CD (I stil think Me Against the World) was released. He left people wanting more. Other artist have came since 96 and sold millions, DMX, Ja Rule, Ma$e, Kurupt (solo), Xzibit (commercially), the Lox, 50 Cent, Eminem, but at the end of the day, 'Pac died on album number 5, and his career was just barely reaching it's peak. Rearly is their an artist that on their 5th album you think, damn this cat keeps getting better. Biggie, 2 albums, same effect, but only after 2. At 2 'Pac was barely getting started.

I have a question, what songs do you like from 'Pac. I want to get an idea of what you like, 'cause I know you like Cypress Hill, most Latin Rap, and if you ever come to the I.E. again and stop by my house again, you should see my Cypress Hill collection... lol Anyways, I still think 'Pac is the best rapper ever, even though I will listen to Immortal Technique over Snoop, I ain't even bought the new 50 Cent and Game is cool to me but I mean it is what it is. So it seems we agree on what we like in rap music, so what you like from 'Pac?

Like I said, don't assume things.

Ambitionz Az a Ridah
All Bout U
2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted
Only God Can Judge Me
Tradin War Stories
California Love (RMX)
Can't C Me
Picture Me Rollin'
Ratha Be Ya Nigga
All Eyez on Me
Run tha Streetz
Ain't Hard 2 Find
Bomb First
Hail Mary
Toss It Up
Life of an Outlaw
Just Like Daddy
Krazy
White Man'z World
Me and My Girldfriend
Trapped
Troublesome 96'   
I Get Around - Digital Underground
How Long Will They Mourn Me?

I only liked a handful of early Pac tracks. So yea... How could I call him underrated if I like 1/40 of his catalog pre-Deathrow? And yes, he is a high selling artist, but thats because he picked up A LOT of fans AFTER he died. A lot of his fans don't know shit before "California Love" nowadays.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2005, 12:59:18 PM »
Now-a-days, new kids forget Coolio was a commercial rapper with number singles, Bone was huge, and 2Pac blew up with Dear Mama, So Many Tears I Get Around and Keep Your Head Up. Also kids today forget that real groups like Cypress Hill and De La Soul were platnum and at one time Kurupts lyrics could go songs without mentioning the word bitch... lol.

Anyways, what kids think now, I don't let effect what I think. I mean, if every kid now thinks Kanye West is the shit, good for them, I like Kanye too. If they start think Immortal Technique is tight, would you start hating. Myself, hell no. They like Eminem, I ain't gotta like Eminem. I at one time liked Eminem, but his ass is a disappointment to me, as if I was expecting something different. I bought Xzibit's Weapon's of Mass Distruction the day it came out, got the DVD and everything, and I was saying how it was a solid 4 mics. Later on, after the coast was clear and it was slept on, then you listened and praised Xzibit. I just noticed things. The songs you listed were released right as 'Pac died. So I asked you, if people were claiming how much better Biggie was than 'Pac, and 'Pac didn't have the cult following he does, and your last memories of 'Pac were All Eyez On Me and Makaveli, which you seemed to enjoy those CDs, would you just everyone hate on 'Pac and let everyone give it up to Biggie and Puffy, especially after Puffy went pop, or would you feel the need to defend a westcoast artist?