Author Topic: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....  (Read 773 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Re: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2005, 01:37:35 PM »

First of all it's Jigga.. not Jigger. Second, I judge people by skill not by mass opinion. If I followed mass opinion I'd be saying 2pac & Biggie were the greatest instead of Rakim or KRS One, or I'd say that Kanye and Lil' John are the best producers instead of Dre or Primo. Also, even if they said Em was a great before Encore.. i'm just replying to people who say that he was never a great or never on top. You say that TES was wack, but are you judging that from Eminem's lyricism, or weak beats ? And you seem intent on bassing ur argument on Eminems weaker albums. That would be like me saying Jay-Z was never a great 'cause he released too may commercial bitch tracks on Vol. 3 and Dynasty... and teenie pop mtv commercial trash with Blueprint 2. C' mon, man... stop being so fuckin' bias and start thinkin' logically.

Holla back !
First, I call him Jigger, not Jigga. Don't worry about me. If you don't follow mass opinion, why do you constantly bring it up? Makes no sense.  Eminem fell off lyrically after MMLP. My opinion of Em is based on the fact that I've followed him since 1997. I speak as educated listener. MMLP was weak to me, as Em became a cliche "Contraversy sells" rapper. Eminem Show and Encore proved Eminem to be a grown up clown. He became garbage on the mic.

You don't seem to understand where others come from. Eminem is not that dude no more. He hasn't been for a minute.

I agree that Em is not what he used to be. And I too believe he fell hard since The Eminem Show (besides what he did for 8-Mile)... but I disagree with TMMLP being weak. But that's your opinion, which you are entitled to of course.

Peace

Elevz

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 10:46:55 AM »
Props again to Lyrical G and SGV for exactly putting it like it is... I was about to make another huge post here, but it seems like you two already summed most of it up  ;D

Eminem needs topics to rap about. He's just so shallow. Claiming to be political with Mosh, that's about the deepest thing he's done in 5 years. Slim Shady LP had some nice joints with good stories in them. Think of "Brain Damage" and "My Fault". However, those are some standout tracks - most of the album is still somewhere around average imo. Not bad, but far from great.

With the MMLP he just tried to come controversial: raping his mother, killing his wife, dissing half of the pop artists, talking sick stuff. But where have the real topics gone? Stan is a nice track with a topic and there's a few dope cuts like Remember Me with RBX and Sticky Fingaz. However, apart from the controversial bullshit he's been trying to get himself a hype with, that album was about Nothing. He got famous. He's (pretending to have) got a sick mind. That's two things we can conclude after listening to 19 tracks. Kinda sad for a rapper, to have nothing to tell. Especially when you're seen by most as one of the greatest that ever lived.

Oh yes, Eminem sure can come correct. He's dropped some nice verses here and there, but he's just too inconsistent to have any classics under his name. Be real, those albums aren't classics.

SGV

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2005, 11:25:32 AM »
dissing half of the pop artists

My question to all the Eminem "Fans" is why does he get a pass for this? Everyone downs Benzino and others for dissing him for no other reason but publicity, yet, thats all Eminem would do. Cmon, NSync, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, etc. are NOT rappers. But he sure as hell dissed them as so. Eminem is a lame. Sorry, but he's not the GOAT or even near! I don't care if Chuck D, KRS, etc. all say it, to me, Eminem is just another rapper. If he was darker, he'd be Canibus, period.

Elevz

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2005, 11:45:48 AM »
dissing half of the pop artists

My question to all the Eminem "Fans" is why does he get a pass for this? Everyone downs Benzino and others for dissing him for no other reason but publicity, yet, thats all Eminem would do. Cmon, NSync, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, etc. are NOT rappers. But he sure as hell dissed them as so. Eminem is a lame. Sorry, but he's not the GOAT or even near! I don't care if Chuck D, KRS, etc. all say it, to me, Eminem is just another rapper. If he was darker, he'd be Canibus, period.

Ain't nobody going to respond to that...  ;D He should even be put below 50 Cent for doing that. At least 50 Cent dissed some reasonable people for a slight reason, trying to get dissed by the industry's greats. All that Eminem did was picking at those he was sure of that wouldn't do anything back. Gunning down a deer, instead of getting a bear to fight with you.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2005, 05:48:04 PM »
WESAAAYEEEEEEEEEED